Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Theo is dead.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 04:44 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote name='Flowerfred' date='Nov 3 2004, 04:53 AM']
One of my heroes has been assassinated yesterday. By a muslim extremist.

Theo was known for his sharp tongue, very direct and often insulting way of communicating, and his honesty. He has been killed for speaking his mind. For his views about integration and muslim minorities.
I am angry.
And sad.

Patience is running very, very thin here.
This cannot be treated as an incident. Not anymore. Tolerance has failed.

:'(
In further support of FF's conclusion is this article in today's Dallas Morning News:

Ramifications of Theo van Gogh's Assassination

Casualty of a culture war
Filmmaker's murder is a symptom of Holland's misguided multiculturalism

06:16 PM CST on Tuesday, November 9, 2004
By ROD DREHER

Two years ago, I sat in the backyard of an old friend in a suburb of Amsterdam and argued with him over the war on Islamic terrorism that America had undertaken. "This war is your war," he said. "Why should we get involved?"
"Because you're already at war," I said. "You just don't know it yet."

He does now. Last week, jihad arrived in Holland. Filmmaker Theo van Gogh, a secularist provocateur who had recently made Submission, an 11-minute film protesting the way Islamic societies treat women, was slain on the streets of Amsterdam. After a gun battle, police took into custody a 26-year-old Moroccan immigrant allegedly connected to Islamic radicals.

Mr. van Gogh's killer cut his throat and pinned a letter to his body with a knife plunged into his chest. The letter declared war on the Netherlands, on America, and on Muslim Uncle Toms who did not toe the Islamist line. And the letter specifically threatened the life of Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali refugee, feminist ex-Muslim and Dutch member of Parliament who had collaborated with Mr. van Gogh on his film. She is now in hiding.

Everyone around the world who cares about human rights, free speech and the abuse of women should screen Submission (see it on the Internet at www.genoeg.nu; click on the words "Genoeg Nu," which means "Enough Now"). Here in the West, where free speech is our solemn right, an artist was butchered and a lawmaker has gone underground because they dared to raise their voices against Islam. Despite this, many in the Dutch establishment are wringing their politically correct hands over how their people have to be more sensitive to Muslims.

The Dutch are downright sociopathic on this point. Last week, when a Rotterdam artist spray-painted "Thou shalt not kill" on a wall near a mosque, the imam called the city government to complain ? and the mayor ordered it painted over. In recent years, when young Moroccan males accosted Dutch women at public swimming pools, calling them filthy names for dressing in an Islamically inappropriate manner, authorities shut down the pools rather than confront the thugs.

Two years ago, the denial of the problem turned homicidal. Pim Fortuyn, an openly gay libertarian running for prime minister, repeatedly warned that the tolerant, secular society the Dutch had built was in danger from crime and Islamic extremism among immigrants who, despite generous government assistance, refused to accept Dutch civic values.

Mr. Fortuyn said that Holland's multiculturalist mentality blinded the nation to the civilizational threat from Islamic radicalism. Indeed, terrorism experts have cautioned in the wake of 9-11 that Islamic terrorists find friendly territory in Holland because the Dutch taboo against criticizing minorities gave them relative freedom from scrutiny. Mr. Fortuyn charged that his countrymen were too open-minded to take their own side in the clash of civilizations.

The popular Mr. Fortuyn was mercilessly vilified as a right-wing extremist by the politically correct Dutch media, even though his politics were left of the U.S. Democratic Party. He was shot dead days before the election. His murderer was an animal-rights activist who said he wanted to defend immigrants.

Yet Mr. Fortuyn was later vindicated by the very establishment he had attacked. In January, the Dutch Parliament issued a landmark report calling the government's 30-year multiculturalist coddling of Islamic immigrants a failure. Holland's major cities are now home to crime-ridden Islamic ghettos and a militant subculture that threatens to tear the country apart.

Now that another Dutchman has given his life for criticizing Islam, Holland is at a crossroads in which its very survival depends on the path the nation takes. By 2020, half the people 18 and under in Holland will be Muslim. By 2100, estimates Middle East scholar Bernard Lewis, all of Europe will be predominantly Muslim.

Demography is destiny. Bassam Tibi, a leading Muslim moderate in Germany, says the only question left to figure out is "which Islam ? sharia Islam or Euro-Islam ? is to dominate in Europe." If Europeans cannot figure out how to make converts to secular liberal democracy out of the Muslim immigrant populations they've welcomed uncritically for a generation or more, their civilization will die. Future historians will judge it a suicide.

Rod Dreher is assistant editorial page editor. His e-mail address is rdreher@dallasnews.com.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Contributors

Well there you go...

Problem is, who will dare to speak up now? Everybody is in hiding!
Many years ago we decided to separate church and state; now it's almost a sin to do so. As the article said, our civilisation is at stake here.
Keep your religion in your own livingroom; muslim or otherwise.
As for the dual nationality issue; make up your mind. This is not a muslim country. Accepting the Dutch nationality means accepting a government not based on islamic values. If that is what you want, go live in Marocco.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

If this continues we have to deal this matter like plague! Get rid of those who have that and close/destroy all sources of infection.

I know these are hard words, but if it's us or them, do you have to think more?

We are prisoners of our own fairness, do we have to die because of that?

Skaffa, sad and worried.

PS
even I try to keep cool head, but everyone else, good and bad, go crazy, what change I have to survive?

Same
Old 11-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Senior Members

The Wall Street Journal a few days back wrote an editorial quite like the one quoted above. The sooner people on "the continent" realize what is needed is a GLOBAL war on terrorism the better. I fear that more attacks like 311 and on Van Gogh will, unfortunately, have to occur before the EU comes on board with the US.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Contributors

Attached Thumbnails Theo is dead.-vangoghtelegraaf.jpg  
Old 11-14-2004, 07:19 AM
JDN
Contributors

Backlash
Old 11-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Nov 14 2004, 05:19 PM
Backlash
[snapback]56004[/snapback]

All nice and sweet, but me for one, I'm just tired of em..

At the moment, I am giving my house, that I own. to my parents to live in. Simply because the city is putting blacks (shoot me over the term) in their neighbourhood. I grew up in the house they are renting and right now the place is like little Marocco.
Not in my family thank you very much.