Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Theo is dead.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 01:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my heroes has been assassinated yesterday. By a muslim extremist.

Theo was known for his sharp tongue, very direct and often insulting way of communicating, and his honesty. He has been killed for speaking his mind. For his views about integration and muslim minorities.
I am angry.
And sad.

Patience is running very, very thin here.
This cannot be treated as an incident. Not anymore. Tolerance has failed.

:'(

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=218066
Old 11-03-2004, 02:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

FF:

You have a right to get angry and sad. Its too often that some of the great ones leave us early.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Nov 3 2004, 02:02 PM
FF:

You have a right to get angry and sad.? Its too often that some of the great ones leave us early.
[snapback]52330[/snapback]
Sorry cwoarmy, but it's not "leaving" it self, but how. Maybe You just expressed Your selve incorrectly.

When someone dies because of someone else was not capable to understand different opinnions... That's sick , but unfortunately we live in sick, very sick, world.

Fred be patient and don't do any hasty things.

Skaffa
Old 11-03-2004, 04:57 AM
JDN
Contributors

FF, maybe the rest of us can be better men by admiring the life style of Theo and sharing his exemplary life style.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Isn't intollerance S.O.P. for most of our Muslim extremist bretheren? Free exchange of ideas doesn't allow the boot of the Mullas to be squarely over the face and mouths of the people.

So sorry Flowerfred...
Old 11-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Contributors

I have been stuggling with this one for the last few days now. Not really sure what to think.
I can understand that I am a citizen of a multi-cultural society, and to be honest, I can't be bothered to even be offended by other people's religious opinions. To me, as an atheist, none of them relate or make sense to me. I have accepted that other people have the need to believe in a higher being. Fine with me. I can also understand people's needs to be a vegetarian, for example, but in this context we are dealing with people that would happily cut my throat for eating pork, or even supporting a society that tolerates bacon to be sold in the supermarkets.
What is bugging me is that I have learned to tolerate other ways of thinking in my surroundings, and accepting members of this society that have different principles. What is happening know is that those people we decided to accept as different but still our own, are killing us on our own ground for being different to THEM!
What can I do? Vote ulta-right next time and put a bunch of retards in charge that will determine the economical climate of my country? Set fire to a mosque? Moan about it and carry on?
With the current plans to let Turkey join the EU, we are allowing a massive amount of uneducated and indoctrinated followers of a pre-medeaval form of government on our streets. How are we going to be able to pinpoint the extremists in that crowd? Political correctness prevents us from even having an open discussion about it.
Theo and Pim tried to have those open discussions, and got killed for it. Our prime minister states that it "should not happen" and carries on.
This is not my country anymore. We are being raped by what Theo liked to refer to as ''the fifth line of goatfuckers". I am not a racist and I am not a muslim, nor do I want to become either one of them. I just want my country back, multi-cultural or otherwise.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Fred I totally can understand why You feel like that. I sympathize You, but so far we have to think that these are not more than (almost) individuals who think that everything what they don't understand is bad and has to be destroyed. We can not get rid of every ashole when they born. But these people are not Bader/Meinhoff which were rich kids and tried to change whole world. These (stupid ignorant)people are "defending" they way of life, while they see that faling down around them. It's faling down because it's unfair and eventually every unfair regime/way of life has fallen.

Few times back there was some so called honor killings in Sweden where relatives killed girls who were not living like those MEN liked.

I know that if someone hurt my wife (actually what ever reaso) because they don't like how she looks, I would hurt them bad. Finland is not Texas so I can't just execute them , but we don't have capital punishment either.

Skaffa
Old 11-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Contributors

I fell so sorry about this. I just hope they execute the criminal..its just not worth it to take someone's life.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Things are getting out of hand over here.. People are now burning down muslim schools. Muslims are burning down churches. This morning I was watching the news and in The Hague the police with military support has cut off a complete area and explosions are heard and shots fired between police and the ones that don't want to come out of the building.

What we are experiencing here is the result of 25 years dutch government who where scared to call racists by giving us stricter immigration rules. They let a lot of these extremist in and gave them a double nationality. I hope everything will work out okay and we can get things back to normal over here. But as far as things are going now things are getting out of hand and if the government doesn't start acting up it will get worse and worse.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:14 AM
Contributors

I never thought I would read anything like this about the Netherlands. It seemed pretty peaceful to me, except for the pick-pockets in Amsterdam.

Quick Reply: Theo is dead.