Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Texting and driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Always. I've hit a few people too, but I just keep going. They were ok, I think.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d M Sport Lci

Easier on a blackberry much harder on the iphone, and of course its illegal
Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

Originally Posted by kane1111
Ok guys/gals tell the truth. Do you TEXT and drive.

I'm going to have to go ahead and say YEAH.. It's wrong, but I type fast..lol
absolutely not!IT IS AGAINST THE LAW AND IT PUTS OTHER DRIVERS IN DANGER!PLEASE GUYS TEXTING WHILE DRIVING IS A SERIOUS MATTER AND WE SHOULD NOT DO IT! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: A GOOD DRIVER IS A DEFENSIVE DRIVER SO LETS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE GUYS!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Members

My Ride: See signature

No way! People drive bad enough just while talking on cell phones much less when texting. Stop it! It is 'OK' if you want to end your own life, but I don't want to be one of the other lives you end.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Always. I've hit a few people too, but I just keep going. They were ok, I think.
LMAO
Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jon M5
I have NEVER understood this! Like you said, you see people driving around in BMW's, and other cars. And the cars blatantly has a bluetooth system, yet they're using their phone normally!! I do NOT understand these people!!
Its because they are too stupid to sync their phones to the cars bluetooth.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

I'm surprised no one has invented a disabling system that disables your phone completely when it detects moving faster than 10-15 mph. Hmm....maybe I need to market this idea....

Seriously though.....if something is that important....pull over. What bothers me is when I see 18 wheeler drivers texting while going down the freeway....are you kidding me
Old 05-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

I do sometimes, but only below 3500 RPM. joking... On a serious note, I really do my best not to. And because I'm somewhat of a control freak and an outright terrible passenger, I can't stand the driver texting and I make it known. I was just home in Pittsburgh and literally drove my brother nuts. After a couple days he had me driving. My brother is a pharma rep (free car and gas) and told me that his company will immediately fire anyone causing an accident while texting or talking without a bluetooth device. I synced my BB to my car bluetooth, but I still don't like talking while I'm driving, I'd rather listen to music or the exhaust.

Really it's not worth it!!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
Its because they are too stupid to sync their phones to the cars bluetooth.
Very true. Either too stupid or too ignorant...

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
I'm surprised no one has invented a disabling system that disables your phone completely when it detects moving faster than 10-15 mph. Hmm....maybe I need to market this idea....

Seriously though.....if something is that important....pull over. What bothers me is when I see 18 wheeler drivers texting while going down the freeway....are you kidding me
That's a good idea. But what about when you're on a train or bus or in a taxi or something?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Bottom line, text while driving is UNSAFE!! It endangers innocent people just because Mr. or Miss Self-Important HAS to text now!! I think the penalties for this should be ridiculously expensive as it renders the driver as incapacitated as when they are driving drunk! ALL of this is a conscious decision that they are SO important they do not have to follow the laws that we lesser people have to follow!! Put the damned phone down and drive....and while you're at it, learn to use those turn signals too! (stepping off of the soapbox now)...

Quick Reply: Texting and driving