Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

South Island Tour of New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530d

I'm having such a great time I had to share?..

We're doing a little road trip in the South Island of New Zealand these holidays. Over the last couple of days we've been in the southwest, in the MacKenzie Country, Wanaka and Queenstown - the most scenic part of the country IMO. I'm having a great time driving the fantastic roads, and of course the recent suspension, wheel and tyre, and steering wheel mods have all contributed to this. As has the additional HP with the superchip.

Here are some pics!! All car related of course...
Attached Thumbnails South Island Tour of New Zealand-lake_pukaki.jpg   South Island Tour of New Zealand-lake_ohau1.jpg   South Island Tour of New Zealand-lake_ohau2.jpg   South Island Tour of New Zealand-lake_hawea.jpg   South Island Tour of New Zealand-lake_hawea2.jpg  

South Island Tour of New Zealand-hawea_wanaka1.jpg   South Island Tour of New Zealand-hawea_wanaka2.jpg   South Island Tour of New Zealand-cardrona_valley_road.jpg   South Island Tour of New Zealand-cardrona_summit.jpg  
Old 12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Great pics, beautiful area, and the car looks fantastic!!!! Thanks for sharing
Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Contributors

Amazing scenery
Old 12-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Looks absolutely stunning!!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Members

Hey very cool..... is that Lake Ohau? Are you on your way to Milford Sound? We are big fans of Franz Joseph/Fox Glacier and helicoptering up onto the ice.

Have been to South Island many times and LOVE traveling around there...... would be so cool to drive it in an E60 instead of the old Subaru hire car!!

Cheers

J
Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

The pics are amazing.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by VHHDT' post='1080920' date='Dec 29 2009, 03:44 PM
Hey very cool..... is that Lake Ohau? Are you on your way to Milford Sound? We are big fans of Franz Joseph/Fox Glacier and helicoptering up onto the ice.

Have been to South Island many times and LOVE traveling around there...... would be so cool to drive it in an E60 instead of the old Subaru hire car!!

Cheers

J
The top pic is Lake Pukaki, then two of Lake Ohau, four around Lake Hawea and the bottom two are on the Cardrona Valley Road. We've been staying in Wanaka which means that I've managed to drive down the Cardrona Valley Road twice already!! Not too much traffic either. With the kids in tow, we've decided to do long drives to a destination then stay there for at least two days before going to the next. We've stayed in Christchurch, then 4 nights in Wanaka, and head off for two nights in Hanmer Springs tomorrow. Quite nice having a bit more time getting back to the motel early and letting the kids chill - and me do a little work and get on here... So, no Milford Sound this time, and I missed out on the West Coast too - we had planned to come to Wanaka via the West Coast, but with rain forecast we came thru Fairley/Lake Tekapo instead. It was a good decision.

Last time I was here was two years ago when we did it in a Toyota Camry hire car..... It IS much more fun in the E60!! - except some rough tracks to lookouts are a little tough with -30mm suspension.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

You make better photos than BMW itself! Incredible! Very beautiful car and stunning scenery!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Also thanks for posting them in such resolution, I'm sure they'll make a great desktop to many
Old 01-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Contributors

Last two...
First is on the Kaikoura Coast early in the morning, and second on the Desert Road in the North Island in the way home.
Attached Thumbnails South Island Tour of New Zealand-dsc_1534_2.jpg   South Island Tour of New Zealand-dsc_0831_2.jpg  

Quick Reply: South Island Tour of New Zealand