Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Sorry to the newer members!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys, i know this should be in the lounge but most of the newer members are staying in the main forum so that i'm posting this here. lomag, feel free to move it whenever you desire .

i just want to say sorry to the newer members who i didn't welcome :'(. i didn't mean to do it in purpose. i was so friggin busy recently and finally finished the "catch up". over 1,000 posts i have to catch up . hope you guys don't mind :'(. anyway, you guys just joined the best bmw forum on earth ! congrats !
Old 04-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Apr 25 2005, 05:58 PM
hi guys, i know this should be in the lounge but most of the newer members are staying in the main forum so that i'm posting this here.? lomag, feel free to move it whenever you desire .

i just want to say sorry to the newer members who i didn't welcome :'(.? i didn't mean to do it in purpose.? i was so friggin busy recently and finally finished the "catch up".? over 1,000 posts i have to catch up .? hope you guys don't mind :'(.? anyway, you guys just joined the best bmw forum on earth !? congrats !
[snapback]120002[/snapback]

I'm fairly new here. Is this some sort of board tradition? Or are the welcome posts just a way to pad your post count? I appreciate the welcome but it gets fairly annoying when clicking on the last post of an interesting and helpful thread and the last new post is a "Welcome" post and not something related to the thread at all.

If I've stepped on any toes, just ignore me.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by arnolds' date='Apr 26 2005, 07:50 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Apr 25 2005, 05:58 PM']hi guys, i know this should be in the lounge but most of the newer members are staying in the main forum so that i'm posting this here.? lomag, feel free to move it whenever you desire .

i just want to say sorry to the newer members who i didn't welcome :'(.? i didn't mean to do it in purpose.? i was so friggin busy recently and finally finished the "catch up".? over 1,000 posts i have to catch up .? hope you guys don't mind :'(.? anyway, you guys just joined the best bmw forum on earth !? congrats !

I'm fairly new here. Is this some sort of board tradition? Or are the welcome posts just a way to pad your post count? I appreciate the welcome but it gets fairly annoying when clicking on the last post of an interesting and helpful thread and the last new post is a "Welcome" post and not something related to the thread at all.

[snapback]120156[/snapback]
[/quote]
IMHO a welcome is a nice way to greet a new member.If you don't like the post don't read it.
cheers
vern
Old 04-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by arnolds' date='Apr 26 2005, 02:50 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Apr 25 2005, 05:58 PM']hi guys, i know this should be in the lounge but most of the newer members are staying in the main forum so that i'm posting this here.? lomag, feel free to move it whenever you desire .

[/quote]

You got the cow by it's horns on one point, Alohalc is just finding a lame excuse to get his post count up (not that he could catch up with Iceman).

BUT, the welcome posts are a mirror of the relaxed atmosphere on this board. I stayed in here because of them. On other boards (don't have to mention) you can get flamed as a newbie. In here there's always a warm welcome. And it's not always for the post count.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by arnolds' date='Apr 26 2005, 06:50 AM
I appreciate the welcome but it gets fairly annoying when clicking on the last post of an interesting and helpful thread and the last new post is a "Welcome" post and not something related to the thread at all.?
I noticed the same. Lately we have a lot of new members on this board. Often when checking new posts in an interesting thread someone is welcomed to the board. Although it is very friendly and inviting it is annoying for frequent users who keep up to the threads. Not reading it is a stupid comment. Because I read this board to get information so I read all the posts in an interesting thread.

Also new members with a good question get the "welcome aboard" without an answer to their question.

Again, I understand it is posted to make a new member welcome and invited to post more. But let's try to keep answering questions before new members stop reading/posting because they're not helped out.

And no! It's not a foglight thing for me

And I know alohalc isn't doing it for the postcount. He has enough and gives good info!!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Can someone clue me in on what prize the winner of the post count race gets?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

[quote name='530E60NL' date='Apr 26 2005, 07:11 AM']
[

Also new members with a good question get the "welcome aboard" without an answer to their question.

I think Dennis is absolutely correct. Too many members on this board do the "Welcome Aboard" without answering or at least saying I don't know but glad to have you here and some smart person will have your answer. I don't think it was done to "pad" the numbers. I don't believe it was done with anything but honest intentions but the new person is really looking for help.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Apr 26 2005, 07:25 AM
Too many members on this board do the "Welcome Aboard" without answering or at least saying I don't know but glad to have you here and some smart person will have your answer.?
[snapback]120169[/snapback]
Ron, that's exactly what I was trying to say!! Thanks!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 AM
NES
Members

Hi all... I have been a viewer of this forum for quite a while but never really got the urge to become a member...that is up until the timing was right to order my e60. Although I have been kind of an "unofficial" member by reading all your posts, when I became an actual member myself I enjoyed the welcoming comments. Sure some may take it as a way to rack up posts, however this is a "community" and a simple welcome or hello shouldnt cause anyone on this board any more pain than to click off to another topic or scroll down to the information they wish to read.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

An interesting observation. As a recent new member it took me awhile to get comfortable on this forum, enough so that I would not welcome any new members,
until recently. I kinda felt that the welcoming was restricted to vetran members who have been around here since the boards creation.

Then I remembered the first day that I posted here. I was about to lease an Infiniti
M35X when on a whim I decided to test drive an E60. Never having even driven a BMW let alone knowing the different models that were available I somehow stumbled onto this forum, became a member and then sought out information from
what turned out to be a very knowledgable community. I remember the warmth that was displayed to me when I threw out my first post and the manner that I was immediately welcomed into this community.

Any reservations that I had concerning the stigma of driving a BMW instantly disappeared.

We have a great thing going here in this forum compared to other forums out there. Is there not a better way to make someone feel welcomed than to just
say so?

Quick Reply: Sorry to the newer members!