Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

someone broke into my house last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Sucks. Get an alarm and a sign that says "Trespassers will be shot." Get a gun license and shoot them....... in the leg.
Shoot them in the knees

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Damn that sucks.

Time to get a rotweiler or German Shepard.
German Shepard no doubt.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Sucks. Get an alarm and a sign that says "Trespassers will be shot." Get a gun license and shoot them....... in the face.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

That's how you do it Brett!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

that sucks and i'm sorry to hear it. what's worse than the bike getting stolen is you feel violated, and it doesn't even feel like a safe home anymore. hopefully you had insurance.

p.s. are you a member of 600rr.net?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Sorry to hear that... Good thing is you and your family are ok.

About german shepherds... My sister has one and she used to have a warning sign on her fence on yard. There was a pic of her dog and a text: Save my day, break in .
Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Oh sh*t Joe, I didn't know that happened. Did you have full coverage on it?

This happened to my friend last spring. He parked his bike at his friends garage and was trying to sell it. Gave the address to the prospective buyer and the guy never showed. A few days later, 3 bikes from that garage was stolen!! I believe its a trend and I guess its better to not give any buyers your home address but meet them at a safe spot.

Sorry for the loss man. I had my bike stolen back in 2001. I just got it out the shop ( i bought it salvaged and fixed it up). I took it out of the shop Saturday, and they took it the next day, Sunday.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Hey Joe, just a thought, did you give the police/detectives the phone number of the guy that was coming to look at the bike? They can track that phone number, maybe get an address.. I remember when my husbands truck was stolen right in front of my house Thanksgiving night. It took 2weeks to get it back, but the whole case itself took months. They eventually did track down the schmuck and hes locked up now. I hope they find something. Im in S.I. so Ill keep an eye out. That is such a scary feeling knowing they came in stole and left and you were sound asleep the whole time. THATS SCARY!
Im sorry this happened. Alarm from now on, even on the garage door! Keep us posted Joe...
Old 03-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

I can't remember where I heard this, but the best thing to do when meeting a prospective buyer is to meet in a public setting such as Wal-Mart or Starbucks etc. Until the money is exchanged, that buyer should not know where you live. It's too bad things have come to this these days, there will always be bad apples out there.

Hopefully you get your cycle back. Nail the SOB!

Oh one other thing buy a shotgun!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by stoic1
Hopefully you get your cycle back. Nail the SOB!
Sad thing is, with bikes, people mainly just part out the whole thing and sell it for spare parts. Probably have to look around for the parts on forums / craigslist / ebay for it. I bet that scumbag is going to do that method.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

Originally Posted by No Onions
hopefully you had insurance.

p.s. are you a member of 600rr.net?
no it wasnt insured.... and yes i am on 600rr.net i posted there as well.

thanks everyone for the support and kind words. im just hoping this guy ends up in jail so he cant do this to anyone else. i dont even care about the bike. just the fact someone can break into a house with a family 2 rooms down...

Quick Reply: someone broke into my house last night