Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Some state troopers are extremely nice....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eugene134' post='850527' date='Apr 17 2009, 02:50 PM
got lucky.... most state troopers are not that nice..
Fact or opinion????

Sounds like you have had a few tickets, and now you are blaming the LEOs for them. Just my impression.

Most if not all of us get tickets, and the adults take responsibility.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='851754' date='Apr 19 2009, 12:25 PM
I tapped a County Detective in a County car when she locked em up in the pouring ran a few years ago. She was so nice to me, we sat in her car exchanged info, it was my first accident, I was 20. she was super sweet, i got a citation for following too close. long story short, 3 years later out of nowhere she sued the fuck out of me.
Statute of limitations in FL is 2 years, isn't it?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aBathingApe' post='850510' date='Apr 17 2009, 02:38 PM
So, first off I was just involved in a minor accident, which was the first of my driving career (I turn 20 on monday). I was cruising at around 50mph and a ford taurus in front of me JAMMED on her brakes due to a truck turning off. I was not expecting it and slammed my brakes, and ended up tapping bumpers with the car. We pull off, and come to find out its an off duty trooper. Just my luck. Technically my fault, but she was super nice. She had to call the head patrol man because its a state car and they have to come take pictures. After talking with them, they added up all the fines (tailing to close, illegal tint, no front plate, no seatbelt) and it came to about $1000. The head guy asked her if she wanted to issue the citation, and she was very nice and let everything go. The only thing I will have to do is pay for a scraped bumper if they fix hers (they said somehting about a claim not even being made). Just wanted to say that there are some good people out there, and that I got very very lucky overall.

On the plus side, I have my m5 front bumper sitting at home waiting to be installed, so the damage on my end is already fixed.

Sorry for the story, just wanted to vent as it was very stressful haha
Most important question: How good looking was she?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='851769' date='Apr 19 2009, 01:45 PM
Statute of limitations in FL is 2 years, isn't it?
I was in GA, I think it is 3 years. I got served at like 2 years, 10 months
Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='851766' date='Apr 19 2009, 01:44 PM
Fact or opinion????

Sounds like you have had a few tickets, and now you are blaming the LEOs for them. Just my impression.

Most if not all of us get tickets, and the adults take responsibility.
I think it is common knowledge that state police are generally less leanient than local police. I dont know why this is the general consensus, but i know that when i have been pulled over by a trooper, i am screwed. local cops seem to cut me a break.

of course troopers being tougher is a general perception. the perception likely exists for a reason...
Old 04-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aBathingApe' post='850531' date='Apr 17 2009, 03:02 PM
It was a bad decision, I know. Its a habit that I need to get better at correcting

Nope Haha they mentioned it, then asked about the tint, but he said it was my lucky day and told me to be on my way
Glad to hear that some forum members have good things to say re LEO. It irritates me when people trash LEOs, and then they change their story when they actually need a LEO to assist them in resolving a traffic or other issue.

These guys/ladies are out there putting their lives on the line, and I feel they should get more respect.

Are there any bad LEOs? Yes, just like we have bad forum members.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='851782' date='Apr 19 2009, 01:55 PM
Glad to hear that some forum members have good things to say re LEO. It irritates me when people trash LEOs, and then they change their story when they actually need a LEO to assist them in resolving a traffic or other issue.

These guys/ladies are out there putting their lives on the line, and I feel they should get more respect.

Are there any bad LEOs? Yes, just like we have bad forum members.
You will never hear me trash a LEO. that said, i will stick to my feeling troopers are tougher. THAT SAID... if you get pulled over, you deserve it... THAT SAID, it is always nice to get a brake, even though you dont deserve one. unless your wife is having a baby in the back seat
Old 04-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='851754' date='Apr 19 2009, 01:25 PM
I tapped a County Detective in a County car when she locked em up in the pouring ran a few years ago. She was so nice to me, we sat in her car exchanged info, it was my first accident, I was 20. she was super sweet, i got a citation for following too close. long story short, 3 years later out of nowhere she sued the fuck out of me.

What a scuz bucket she is!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by aBathingApe' post='850510' date='Apr 17 2009, 03:38 PM
So, first off I was just involved in a minor accident, which was the first of my driving career (I turn 20 on monday). I was cruising at around 50mph and a ford taurus in front of me JAMMED on her brakes due to a truck turning off. I was not expecting it and slammed my brakes, and ended up tapping bumpers with the car. We pull off, and come to find out its an off duty trooper. Just my luck. Technically my fault, but she was super nice. She had to call the head patrol man because its a state car and they have to come take pictures. After talking with them, they added up all the fines (tailing to close, illegal tint, no front plate, no seatbelt) and it came to about $1000. The head guy asked her if she wanted to issue the citation, and she was very nice and let everything go. The only thing I will have to do is pay for a scraped bumper if they fix hers (they said somehting about a claim not even being made). Just wanted to say that there are some good people out there, and that I got very very lucky overall.

On the plus side, I have my m5 front bumper sitting at home waiting to be installed, so the damage on my end is already fixed.

Sorry for the story, just wanted to vent as it was very stressful haha
Wow, you are sooo lucky not to have had the book thrown at you.

Next time, I'm sure you'll be wearing the seatbelt. They do save lives as Princess Diana found out the hard way.

I'm glad you are OK.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 335i, Jet Black / Terra Dakota, 15k miles

Thanks guys, this was a definite wake-up call that I'm not invincible on the roads. And as I am making payments on a pretty expensive car at age 20, it scares me to think of what could have happened if I was a few seconds delayed in braking

And Ive encountered my fair share of troopers/officers and as rude as some can be, I have nothing but respect for them.

Quick Reply: Some state troopers are extremely nice....