Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Some pics from NYIAS 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

The show sucked. There were no new cars, that are even worth mentioning, because we've seen and heard it all many times. The experience of this autoshow was like going to a bunch of different dealerships all at once, with some occasional rudeness from the salespeople and not being able to sit or test drive most of the cars you'd actually care about.

I mean, Manhattan Motorcars had a sizable chunk of real estate dedicated to some exclusive customers, so did Bentley. I even managed to sweet talk an extremely cute Porsche girl to let me try the Panamera 4S for size. The interior is bespoke, if a little soulless, compared to, say, E60's design Room was adequate up front, but with my... oops, I meant driver's seat positioned the way I like to drive - and I like to lounge comfortably behind the wheel - space in the rear was limited enough to restrain my foot movement and lateral knee space to the minimum. Otherwise, a very desirable car - definitely on my list of future rides (you know, the one I keep next to my lucky lottery numbers )

Aside from the P-car display, I (of course) saw the actual reason I even bothered to go there - the F10's. The beautiful girl, that was the BMW rep on duty when I came by, told me to go suck a thumb, because I wasn't getting inside the F10 there and then. I have a feeling that were there fewer people around, she'd hook me up. But it was kind of crowded at the BMW set at the moment, so I was constrained to admiring the F10's exterior design only. The front bumper didn't get any prettier in real life, but the car itself looks great, if not particularly striking. All in all, F10 is one of the strongest competitors for my dinero when it comes to it's price range, but its still far from being the only one I want (the way E60 was to me when I first saw it).

I also checked out the 335is and loved it. For the most part. Its a little simple after the 5er and without testing out the performance of the car, its basically not as strong a competitor. Once the DCT gets to shifting though, I might be persuaded...

The BMW display included the F01 Alpina B7, which is an incredibly gorgeous automobile. It is not small - there's no denying that. But it is even more sexy than it is big and that electric blue metallic paint is just one of those colors that immediately draws your eye to it.

Saab's new 9-5 looks great. Even though I've never been much of a Saab fan and I overheard some ladies saying how it "looks like a BMW" (not sure if that will be taken lightly on this forum ), I think this car really captures the "Saabness" while looking modern and beautiful - something certain BMW's haven't exactly mastered, come to think of it...

Anyway, here are a few pics I took with my iPhone:

No big news in this one - this concept has been around the auto show circuit, but I love the way it looks - one of those cars that looks just as good in person as it does on pictures. Even better, because when you see it in real life, you can actually follows it's curves with your hands and feel its volumes. I hope Infiniti makes it and doesn't mess it up when transferring it from concept to production.
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0607.jpg
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0611.jpg
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0610.jpg
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0609.jpg
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0608.jpg

SLS AMG was there - both the production and this racing version. I loved this matte white finish. There was also an SL Benz on the MSUSA display that was finished in matte graphite (or something like that) - that looked striking as well, but I didn't take any pics of it, because it wouldn't show through an iPhone camera.
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0602.jpg

This car here is arguably one of the best deals on a genuine supercar (Nissan GT-R and Corvette notwithstanding). For slightly under $200k you get a completely hand-built (and HIGHLY customizable) mid-engine lightweight coupe (or a vert), powered by an Audi-sourced blown V8. The shifter alone on this thing is a work of art. And with the new "face", Spyker is really ringing some bells for me
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0606.jpg

Cinquecento is one of those cars I wish my girlfriend would buy. I can just imagine myself having some Italian Job-style fun in one of these in Abarth trim with a stick shift
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0605.jpg
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0604.jpg
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0603.jpg

Another car I wouldn't mind to borrow from my girl, the new Fiesta with all the aero bits, wheels and so on:
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0594.jpg

Calton had his Bunnymobile on display, although some people were complaining that it was too gay (paradoxically, chicks universally loved it):
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0600.jpg

DUB pavilion had a few nice customs, but this bike definitely looked most special to me:
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0599.jpg

The prerequisite orange Lambo shot:
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0597.jpg

And this is why, I think, Bond gets so much pu... err, attention :
Some pics from NYIAS 2010-img_0595.jpg

If you think these pics suck, tell Apple to make the iPhone camera better!

Peace
Old 04-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics. I didn't get to hit the show this year Actually, its the first time I've missed the show in like 5 years. My wife didn't want any part of it, and we were busy with other bullshit.

Oh well, always next year.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

:thumbsdown:

pics of the cute porsche girl please
Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Contributors

Nice pics V. I like that infinity pics, the car looks HOOT !!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Fiat Girls!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Contributors

No fiat girls Vlad. I'm glad I didn't go this year. My sister went with her husband and they thought it was boring. Hardly any concepts. Just a bunch of production cars. Nothing special. I'll be there when the M5 is at the Auto Show.

BTW. Vlad I saw your car Friday on Broadway and Grand St. Coming from the Auto Show.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
Nice pics. I didn't get to hit the show this year Actually, its the first time I've missed the show in like 5 years. My wife didn't want any part of it, and we were busy with other bullshit.

Oh well, always next year.
Dude, trust me, you didn't miss much...

Originally Posted by Ghostteck
Fiat Girls!

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
No fiat girls Vlad. I'm glad I didn't go this year. My sister went with her husband and they thought it was boring. Hardly any concepts. Just a bunch of production cars. Nothing special. I'll be there when the M5 is at the Auto Show.

BTW. Vlad I saw your car Friday on Broadway and Grand St. Coming from the Auto Show.
Ok, can I see the pics of them myself somewhere, cuz honestly, I didn't see ANY of them when I was at the show
Old 04-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

thanks for the pics
Old 04-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Contributors

Member providenceleaf's post

https://5series.net/forums/topic/965...&#entry1145963

Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors