Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Sirius free on the internet

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

For those of you who don't have or can't get Sirius, they are having a free promotion for two days on Wednesday, 10/25 and Thursday, 10/26 for their new Internet Radio offering.

Basically, they're selling their radio content online for the same price as a monthly subscription ($12.95/month) with no requirement to purchase any satellite radio hardware.

This free 48 hour period will give our members from outside North America a chance to hear what we're able to hear in our cars. Check out their website at http://www.sirius.com for more information. Keep in mind that I think you can pre-register for the free trial before it starts. Obviously, if you like what you hear, you can subscribe -- even if you're outside the US and Canada.

Iceman, they have a contract with the NFL and they carry both the home and away radio broadcasts from every NFL game. I don't know if the NFL games will be part of the Internet Radio subscrition though, you know how those contracts work...

Content wise, Sirius is committed to offering some pretty interesting things. Their biggest celebrity right now is Howard Stern. He has two channels and will be available on the internet for sure. They also have Martha Stewart (that'll help sell the wife, right?) and a bunch of other stuff.

Hope you all enjoy at least the free two days...I'll be anxious to hear what you folks think of things and if anyone outside North America decides to subscribe...
Old 10-25-2006, 01:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

You're kidding, aren't you? This can't be true! You cannot really choose the music genre and the channel you want to listen to?! This is amazing!

I wish we had this over here in Europe... Choosing the genres and channels with iDrive....
Old 10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='348580' date='Oct 25 2006, 04:50 AM
Iceman, they have a contract with the NFL and they carry both the home and away radio broadcasts from every NFL game. I don't know if the NFL games will be part of the Internet Radio subscrition though, you know how those contracts work...

We now have NASN, the North American Sports Network. So we can see at least 4 games per week live. Plus lots of magazines and stuff.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

At least you should listen in for the freebie and hear the Sirius NFL channel...

Anyone else listening that normally wouldn't or couldn't?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by sese' post='348665' date='Oct 25 2006, 10:50 AM
You're kidding, aren't you? This can't be true! You cannot really choose the music genre and the channel you want to listen to?! This is amazing!

I wish we had this over here in Europe... Choosing the genres and channels with iDrive....
Well, RDS-EON can do that. In theory. If the broadcasters could be bothered to transmit the info properly, and the radio and car manufacturers could be bothered to activate the facility... Though probably the biggest issue is availability of content (at least for me - I like classical music!)