Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Short and Sweet

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Okay I need to add to this again since I've been hearing all the whining and complaining by LA fans all day. Yes there were some calls that COULD have been made in your favor and on that same line there were even more calls that the Celtics could have gotten but didn't get ex. the phantom illegal screen supposedly that KG set on Bean Bryant or the dunk that POWE had over 2 Lakers as they slapped his arms from below!!! Do I think the free throw difference was a little much? YES! Am I shocked? NO! Note to the LA fans...homecourt advantage has been constant throughout the playoffs...unfortunately the crowd has influenced the refs! Is it right? NO! I'm sure the Celts will get tons of horrible fouls called against them over the next 3 games in LA.

You people are horrible losers. You lost!!! Deal with it!!! If Boston gets hosed by the officials in LA I will accept it and deal with it. The Celtics got screwed on tons of calls in the Detroit series...guess what they still won.

Okay feel free to bash away...I'll get off my soap box now...ON TO GAME 3!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='599378' date='Jun 9 2008, 08:51 PM
Okay I need to add to this again since I've been hearing all the whining and complaining by LA fans all day. Yes there were some calls that COULD have been made in your favor and on that same line there were even more calls that the Celtics could have gotten but didn't get ex. the phantom illegal screen supposedly that KG set on Bean Bryant or the dunk that POWE had over 2 Lakers as they slapped his arms from below!!! Do I think the free throw difference was a little much? YES! Am I shocked? NO! Note to the LA fans...homecourt advantage has been constant throughout the playoffs...unfortunately the crowd has influenced the refs! Is it right? NO! I'm sure the Celts will get tons of horrible fouls called against them over the next 3 games in LA.

You people are horrible losers. You lost!!! Deal with it!!! If Boston gets hosed by the officials in LA I will accept it and deal with it. The Celtics got screwed on tons of calls in the Detroit series...guess what they still won.

38-10

Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='599428' date='Jun 9 2008, 09:47 PM
38-10

Celts beat the Lakers, no doubt about it. 38-10 is way out of line though.

On to game 3.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Members

My Ride: Standard: 05 530i A36w/ Beige interior: DVD/mp3 player, Exterior: M-Tech, Breyton trunk spoiler , AngeliBright, HID 6000K foglight, 6000K headlight bulb, 19" M Double Spoke 167, Michelin PS2 245/35/19, 275/30/19, Hartget rep splitter Performance: Bilstein PSS9, GroppeM intake, Supersprint pipes, ECU remap, Brembo front-380mm, back-345mm

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='598893' date='Jun 10 2008, 12:48 AM
The big question in the officiating was the quick Tech on Kobe... He was chirping all night (and last game)... Powe played fantastic and Paul Pierce was PHENOMENAL... You cant blame the loss on the ref's...

Odom looks completely lost on the court...

Allen has covered Kobe like a glove and has done a fantastic job throwing him off his "game".

The Lakers weren't driving to the lane... They were bombing three's!!! Very few fouls are going to be committed beyond the 3-point line.

The Laker's will come back and make it competitive... However I don't think the West Coast guys are giving the Celt's enough credit...

They have played harder and have wanted it more over the last 2 games... And the Laker's can't cover the pick and roll... They need to find a way to defend the green better...

No one ever mention the Celtics are not playing well, all been discuss is the referees are too one-sided, if you watch the replay of the game clearly, you see a lot of fouls on Laker players are not called even right in front of the referees's eyes.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='599314' date='Jun 9 2008, 07:03 PM
Like that makes it right or even tolerable? And I did not read or see any news stories about laker fans getting assaulted in boston, and there were laker fans there. A true sports fan would take that loss like the professional players they are cheering for, quietly waiting to respond on the court/field of the next game, NOT off in the stands or in the parking lot. Too much liquor with some neighborhood soldiers are never a good mix...
Exactly, +1
Old 06-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Members

My Ride: Standard: 05 530i A36w/ Beige interior: DVD/mp3 player, Exterior: M-Tech, Breyton trunk spoiler , AngeliBright, HID 6000K foglight, 6000K headlight bulb, 19" M Double Spoke 167, Michelin PS2 245/35/19, 275/30/19, Hartget rep splitter Performance: Bilstein PSS9, GroppeM intake, Supersprint pipes, ECU remap, Brembo front-380mm, back-345mm

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='599378' date='Jun 10 2008, 11:51 AM

the next 3 games are not happening yet, and you can already predict there will be tons of horrible fouls against Celtics??
what are you? a psychic? or you are giving excuse in case Boston lose any of the 3 games in LA?

in game 1, Paul Pierce was injured by his teammate, acting so severe that needed people to move him out of the court, then he came back
in a short while jumping and healthy, man...all i can say i am guessing he's from Hollywood, such a great actor, he should win the Oscar!!!

enough said, now wait for game 3~~
Old 06-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vet927' post='599516' date='Jun 10 2008, 03:43 AM
the next 3 games are not happening yet, and you can already predict there will be tons of horrible fouls against Celtics??
what are you? a psychic? or you are giving excuse in case Boston lose any of the 3 games in LA?

in game 1, Paul Pierce was injured by his teammate, acting so severe that needed people to move him out of the court, then he came back
in a short while jumping and healthy, man...all i can say i am guessing he's from Hollywood, such a great actor, he should win the Oscar!!!

enough said, now wait for game 3~~
No excuses, just a fact of the playoffs so far. The home team has received the majority of the "good" calls throughout the playoffs. The next 3 games are in LA! Like I said it's almost like the officials are being swayed by the home crowd. That is why home court is such a huge advantage in the NBA unlike any other sport. So no excuses. I expect the Celtics to lose at least 2 of 3 in LA. Just like the Lakers should have expected to lose 1 or both games in Boston.

BTW...you are calling me psychic? How can you basically accuse Peirce of faking his injury? Were you the doctor courtside? Are you crazy? People get hurt in pro sports all the time and then make a "miraculous" return. It's amazing what a cortisone shot and a little bit of will can do.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='599428' date='Jun 10 2008, 12:47 AM
38-10

OKAY enough of the 38-10! We get it! What all of you Laker yahoos are missing is the actual number of fouls called. You all keep keying on the Free Throw Attempts by each team. Why don't you look at the actual FOUL total for each team?!?!

LA - 28
BOS - 21

2 of the fouls committed by the Lakers were in the last 12 seconds of the game since they were trailing so the foul total before the last 12 seconds was LA 26- BOS 21...oooo what a disparity!

The Celtics were driving to the rim all night and the Lakers were shooting from the perimeter most of the night. So of course the Celtics were going to get more shooting fouls. Think about all of the stats that matter.

Once again I agree the officiating was not the best the other night, but it was not the difference in the game!

Okay enough from me...
Old 06-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

I enjoy the "fair-weather Boston fan" comment

When it comes to passion of local teams - Boston has the of the most die-hard fan bases in the country along with New York...

We have stood by our teams win or lose for years and years!!!

I have sat in the old Foxboro stadium and watched the Patriots in 3 degree weather for DECADES chalk up another LOSING SEASON... (Minus the 85' Bears Pats SB where we got murdered or the 96' superbowl where the officiating played a major role in losing to Green Bay)... But we lost and we look forward to next year...

We all watched our beloved Red Sox EACH YEAR come up short on yet another World Championship (until 2004/2007)... But every game was SOLD OUT! We stood by Carl Yazstremski, Dwight Evans, Jim Rice... Shall I go on? Thinking it's ok!!! Next year will be better...

1987 was the last of the Celtic "dynasty" but we all still watched and felt the pain when we had to suffer through the exhausting seasons... The death of Len Bias, the ping pong balls never falling our way... We go on and don't complain... We accept it for what it is and hope that next year brings better seasons. We had a 70% chance to get the 1st pick and grab Tim Duncan... Luck wasn't on our side... I didn't blame the league for fixing the outcome...

Die-hard - yes

Fair-weather - Come On!!!!!! be realistic...

In Boston, sports are a way of life... An area of mostly blue collar workers who escape the harshness of life through the love of their teams... They have been there through the beginning and will be there till they die... That's what makes Boston such a great sports nation... Fair-weather? I think not

I love that everyone's talking about this series... THIS IS WHAT THE NBA WANTED!!! It couldn't have worked out any more perfect!!!

The Laker's are an awesome team... But the Celt's are looking pretty dam good too... The comment about the Celtic's not playing well is ignorance... The team is playing exceptional defense... Pierce is unconsciouses... He finally had the missing puzzle pieces to make him play to his ability...
Garnett is playing great...
And Allen (who I have doubted all season long) is shutting down Kobe... It's exciting to watch

East Coast/West Coast at it's best!!!

As for the assaulting of other teams fans :thumbsdown:

Is this the gangster mentality of our population where we beat down other fans because their team loses a game? Not acceptable!!!

Any person who assaults another for a petty reason such as this should be thrown in jail...

I know for a fact that the guys (East Coast/West Coast) on this forum have much more class than that...

Now let's hope for a great series and let the best team win!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='599378' date='Jun 9 2008, 08:51 PM

well.....yea you are right but there is no excuse for the stupid refs to call the game like that...

BUT what done is done im looking foward to game 3 tonite!

Quick Reply: Short and Sweet