Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road trip to Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05
Talking

Last Thursday 1/11/07, hollywoodtrash and I took a little road trip to Vegas. Coincidentially, AVN happened to be on that very same weekend. For those not aware what AVN is here's a link: http://show.adultentertainmentexpo.com/adu...o/v42/index.cvn.

Our initial intent was to rent a Mercedes C240 for the trip there. We had done that before previously and it just wasn't much fun. Last minute change of plans and I decided to take my 545i instead. Now, the drive to Vegas from Los Angeles is a straight shot north on Interstate 15. Lots of open road to open up the V8 from time to time.

I took the first leg of the trip. My eyes were peeled for any Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, Chrysler 300c, Dodge Charger, WRX STI, Evo, and BMW? We'd spot a few candidates but they could never catch up. Hmmm... maybe b/c we were cruising near triple digits? I guess we could've slowwed down but ummm, we didn't think of that. At Barstow, hollywood took over the driving and still no one. Oh, well. Maybe on the drive back there will be some action.

Now, we had a fellow e60.net member join us in Vegas. He wants to remain anonymous so I'll respect his wishes. On the way to Vegas he managed to get into some spirited driving with a WRX STI. His thoughts were that the STI was slighted modded. Even so, his 545i did fairly well against it.

Here comes the good stuff. Let me preface by saying that I have a crappy Sony camera that can't take good pictures inside. The pictures are blurry.
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_001.jpg
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_002.jpg
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_003.jpg
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_004.jpg
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_005.jpg
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_007.jpg

We decided to head back to Los Angeles on Saturday to catch DJ Kaskade in Hollywood. So, here is a picture I took before we headed south on Interstate 15.
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_009.jpg

Originally, the thought was to do some friendly runs but the idea was nixed. Instead, we did a caravan back with me in front since I had the Valentine 1 radar detector. Again, it looked like there wouldn't be anyone to run so hollywood and I wanted to have a different sort of fun. Along Interstate 15 near overpasses are radar devices which will read how fast you are going and then tell you to slow down.

We decided that instead of slowing down when approaching these devices to speed up and see if it can capture our speed. This is the best picture I could get. Apparently, it didn't register any speed as we passed by.
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_012.jpg
Road trip to Vegas-vegas_013.jpg

Knowing that there are a few more radar devices ahead we got ourselves ready. As we approached the radar device with the Valentine 1 going crazy and hollywood increasing speed, I prepared the camera for a shot. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that it was Highway Patrol and told hollywood to let off the throttle. We were so intent on taking a picture of the radar device that it didn't dawn on us that the radar was coming from a patrol car!

Normally, in California "Ka" band is the radar band used most frequently by the police. Another band "K" is hardly ever used. The "K" band is used mostly by the radar devices, so we just assumed that the "K" band the Valentine 1 was picking up was from such a device. Found out that isn't always the case anymore. Fortunately, for us the patrol car had another BMW pulled over as we passed on by.

Hollywood wasn't too happy with that. I'm still lol at the thought. We switched at Barstow again. Near Palmdale, a STI and 300 SRT8 entered the highway. Finally! I played catch up and caught up to them. Pretty obvious that the STI was modded. Tried on a couple of occassion to line up but due to traffic couldn't. Too bad, my one chance and too much traffic. After that it was a cruise back to Los Angeles.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

hahahaha! Joe, you're hilarious man. You guys have all the fun out there with your E60's.

Oh, and the chick in the 2nd picture is my sister. Thanks for displaying her on E60.net. She'll appreciate it.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

brother was there for the ces....some girl let him into the avn....he said it was like walking into twilight zone and into a dream...anyways walked out with a bunch of hand outs and shared the wealth... said tickets to get in was about 135...anyways thanks for the shots...ericd
Old 01-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

The tickets for AVN was $70 when I went on Friday. Wonder where your brother got the $135?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Black Sapphire, SMG, M-Aerokit, Sports Package, Comfort Access, Logic 7,

Oh man.. Good times.. Nothing like getting to Vegas in about 3 hours =P

Hey Cman.. your sister was lookin good hahahah
Old 01-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Senior Members

Your hands are shaking, wonder why !

Good choice to take the E60, why even consider renting a car when you have a very nice one yourself ?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

hmm..i dunno....70?...damn...i should of gone... maybe special behind the scene tickets???anyways... for sure next year..ericd
Old 01-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

milage <_<

......and also Hell ya! The Vanguard is sick huh? vegas/hollywoodtrashed you should should go on wednesday nights and get down with the D&B no more house/trance etard stuff ...jk
Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Black Sapphire, SMG, M-Aerokit, Sports Package, Comfort Access, Logic 7,

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='379684' date='Jan 17 2007, 01:32 PM
milage <_<

......and also Hell ya! The Vanguard is sick huh? vegas/hollywoodtrashed you should should go on wednesday nights and get down with the D&B no more house/trance etard stuff ...jk
damnit, im not an etard! (anymore..) hahaha i cant really handle the DnB too much tho, it sounds like hip-hop with a plus 16 pitch. hey sideeffects are you goin to miami in march for the winter music conference? its the best week of partying ever..
Old 01-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='379684' date='Jan 17 2007, 01:32 PM
milage <_<

Give me a "Hell No!" for D&B. It's going to be Vanguard again this Saturday for Gabriel and Dresden VIP style!

Quick Reply: Road trip to Vegas