Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road Rage...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver, who cut right in front of a pickup truck, causing the driver to drive onto the shoulder to avoid hitting her. This evidently angered the driver enough that he hung his arm out his window and gave the woman the finger.

"Man, that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in traffic, and here's why:
I drive 48 miles each way every day to work. That's 96 miles each day. Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway. There are 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles. That works out to 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars. Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper-to-bumper, I figure I pass at least another 4000 cars. That brings the number to something like 36,000 cars that I pass every day.

Statistically, females drive half of these. That's 18,000 women drivers! In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS. That's 642. According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as dissatisfying or unrewarding. That's 449. According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females have seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98. And 34% describe men as their biggest problem. That's 33.

According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry weapons and this number is increasing. That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed. Give her the finger?

I don't think so.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d M Sport

Spot on!! brilliant post...
Old 10-27-2007, 03:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

Old 10-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Members

OMG! Guess I better change my ways...and soon!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Old 10-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Wise man! No woman no cry
Old 10-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Driving downtown yesterday morning I snuck in front of a gal while she was busy checking out her hair, when she looked up I was already in and well ahead of her , BUT she had to lean on the horn and I could lip read her calling me a "body part" . Coming to the light ahead I switched lanes to turn left , as I was waiting to turn she drove by me slowly yelling nasty things and giving me the finger....... she wasn't looking forward and ...... bang ! she bumped into a guy in a Jetta in front of here. I rolled down the window , smiled and asked if she needed a witness, the reply can't be printed.I'm glad we have gun laws up here ..................
Old 10-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='486832' date='Oct 27 2007, 10:27 AM
Driving downtown yesterday morning I snuck in front of a gal while she was busy checking out her hair, when she looked up I was already in and well ahead of her , BUT she had to lean on the horn and I could lip read her calling me a "body part" . Coming to the light ahead I switched lanes to turn left , as I was waiting to turn she drove by me slowly yelling nasty things and giving me the finger....... she wasn't looking forward and ...... bang ! she bumped into a guy in a Jetta in front of here. I rolled down the window , smiled and asked if she needed a witness, the reply can't be printed.I'm glad we have gun laws up here ..................
Great story. Westcoast, I would liked to have seen that....

You played it exactly right.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550I, Manual, Space Gray Metallic, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Satellite, Power Sunshade, Comfort Access.

Brilliant post!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Quick Reply: Road Rage...