Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

The reason I drive a BMW

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

A new SUV in the Netherlands has had a crashtest by ADAC and ANWB. The results are dramatic.

The SUV was introduced as the cheapest available at the dutch market today. I wish everyone that bought one a lot of luck when they crash..

The test performed by ADAC and ANWB have given the worst results in the past 20!!! Years.... The drove the car head on with 64 km/h on a barrier..

ANWB and ADAC are now trying to ban this car from the European market. Not only the crashtest was devastating but also emision of this car is one of the worst currently available..
Attached Thumbnails The reason I drive a BMW-landwindgroot1.jpg   The reason I drive a BMW-bb_30491.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
crashtest_landwind_1_467150.wmv (1.35 MB, 237 views)
File Type: wmv
crashtest_landwind_2_467165.wmv (1.84 MB, 140 views)
Old 09-14-2005, 03:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i YM2005, Gray exterior beige nascar interior, tiptronic, comfort & active seats, Prof NAV, Active steering, adaptive lighting, professional car telephone, alloy wheels 18" Model 124, run flat tyres and Logic 7 sound system.

Boor buyers
Old 09-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

That looks like an old Opel/Vauxhall Frontera? Is it one of their cast offs?
Old 09-14-2005, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

GM is think about legal actions against JMC because they say it's a copy of the Opel Frontera (Vauxhall Frontera). JMC says they designed the car themselves..

Striking resemblens ain't it????
Old 09-14-2005, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The crashtest dummy was broken!
They had to pull the parts of it out of the car, couldn't get the dummy in one piece!
The car was designed with a weight so high, that it doesn't need a crash test to be street legal in Germany... It's max allowed weight is 10 KG's more (2510 KG). They just designed it this way to NOT have to make a crash test.
ADAC showed them the results and they kept telling the people that the car is safe, but had no explanation for the crash test failure.
The crashtest was not at highway speeds, just 64 Km/h...
If you buy a car like that you might be safe, while you don't crash... But if you crash, you're DEAD!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

That looks like an Isuzu RODEO. Remember those? They don't have them in the US anymore.
Attached Thumbnails The reason I drive a BMW-8203df54.jpg  
Old 09-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

"The SUV was introduced as the cheapest available at the dutch market today. I wish everyone that bought one a lot of luck when they crash.."

Also those that they crash into no doubt - including e60s.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by DXXXi' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:05 PM
Also those that they crash into no doubt - including e60s.
[snapback]170571[/snapback]
I think if they crash into another car, no matter what car it is, there will be a couple scratches andf that's it, but the Landwind will be totalled.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

that is rediculus! that car should be pulled out of the lineup .. and the manufacurer sued, or just shut down. there is NO excuse what-so-ever for selling a car like that.

my Rason for the e60 is the following picture - my accident today 1 week ago. A Concrete Truck ran a red light, and T-BONED me in my '06 530i.
It is now guestimated that the Concrete truck was traveling at about 35-40 MPH at point of impact. The car is said to have spun around 2 or 3 times - not known.

here is the damage:

more can be found here:
http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/v/cars/album26/Wreck/

The e60 gets a definate 2 thumbs UP!
--marco
Old 09-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i , ED June 27th, Awaiting Redelivery

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Sep 15 2005, 07:46 PM
that is rediculus! that car should be pulled out of the lineup .. and the manufacurer sued, or just shut down. there is NO excuse what-so-ever for selling a car like that.

my Rason for the e60 is the following picture - my accident today 1 week ago. A Concrete Truck ran a red light, and T-BONED me in my '06 530i.
It is now guestimated that the Concrete truck was traveling at about 35-40 MPH at point of impact. The car is said to have spun around 2 or 3 times - not known.

here is the damage:

more can be found here:
http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/v/cars/album26/Wreck/

The e60 gets a definate 2 thumbs UP!
--marco
[snapback]171149[/snapback]

Did you ever find out if it was totalled? Glad you're ok. I was in a serious accident in an E39 and walked away from it, so I know how you feel!

Quick Reply: The reason I drive a BMW