Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

rajones

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 94 GMC Sierra and I am trying to take the steering wheel off and all I can get off is the nut in the center. The steering wheel won't come off and it feels like there is something holding it down. Can anybody tell me how to get it off??
Old 06-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

You need to purchase or rent a steering wheel puller. I believe you will see threaded holes in the steering wheel. The puller has bolts that screw into those holes. They run thru a plate in the puller. The center of the puller has a threaded bolt that will fit in the center of the steering wheel (where you undid the nut.) A few turns on the center and your steering wheel will pull off of the shaft. Before starting, use a marker to align the splines on the shaft with the steering wheel. Some steering wheels have one spline that is larger to ensure a proper alignment.

If I have you confused, purchase a puller and the directions will be self explanatory. Good luck.