Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Processing fee for chase auto loan??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Well I just logged into my chase account online to make my first payment on my 5er. So I add my bank account and go to pay it and what do I see at the end? A $10 processing fee, that is apparently mandatory! Anyone else use chase? This is a load of BS. I guess they expect for me to write checks and mail them in or pay them in person. I don't want to do either of that, 1)A chance of it getting lost in the mail 2) Me wasting gas paying the card in person, and wasting time. I pay all my stuff online and never have any processing fees. Why does chase do this?? Is there any way around it? I've never heard of such a stupid thing.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='612024' date='Jun 28 2008, 05:47 PM
Well I just logged into my chase account online to make my first payment on my 5er. So I add my bank account and go to pay it and what do I see at the end? A $10 processing fee, that is apparently mandatory! Anyone else use chase? This is a load of BS. I guess they expect for me to write checks and mail them in or pay them in person. I don't want to do either of that, 1)A chance of it getting lost in the mail 2) Me wasting gas paying the card in person, and wasting time. I pay all my stuff online and never have any processing fees. Why does chase do this?? Is there any way around it? I've never heard of such a stupid thing.

FYI... try to join a credit for union next time. Banks suck. Any American can join Pentagon Federal Credit Union. If you're not ex-military, you can make a small donation to the National Military Family Association (NMFA) and they will open an account for you. I think I donated $35 or something. NMFA is a good organization, it helps take care of the families of soldiers, etc...

Anyway, they have spectacular rates on new and used cars, great service, and you can do most everything online.

http://www.penfed.org
Old 07-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Thanks, unfortunatley I got crappy rates because of my age and the car I bought. I have no negative credit history, just not enough. I plan to refinance in a year.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I bank with Chase and pay my credit card bills online and they don't charge me. I know if I do overnight payment then they will charge $10.