Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Picked up a new SUV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up a 2010 Lexus RX350 in tungsten metallic. Has the premium package and tow package. Nice SUV for the price and very comfortable inside. The three other options were 2010 X3, 2010 GLK, 2010 Audi Q5. X3 is expensive for its size and the interior is pretty bare bones and the shape is changing in a few months. The Q5 was a fantastic SUV but Audis are really unreliable our friends have a Q7 and the transmission needed to be replaced after 23k miles. The GLK was a sleek and stylish but just too small. So after comparing the 4 SUVs the RX350 was the best SUV for our needs.

Yesterday we got hit on the right passenger door by a bimbo in a subaru legacy hopefully it will buff out its not that deep. Its so damn hot outside otherwise I would snap a few pictures.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Picked up a 2010 Lexus RX350 in tungsten metallic. Has the premium package and tow package. Nice SUV for the price and very comfortable inside. The three other options were 2010 X3, 2010 GLK, 2010 Audi Q5. X3 is expensive for its size and the interior is pretty bare bones and the shape is changing in a few months. The Q5 was a fantastic SUV but Audis are really unreliable our friends have a Q7 and the transmission needed to be replaced after 23k miles. The GLK was a sleek and stylish but just too small. So after comparing the 4 SUVs the RX350 was the best SUV for our needs.
Until this part, I was like " Congrats ".

Until ....

Yesterday we got hit on the right passenger door by a bimbo in a subaru legacy hopefully it will buff out its not that deep. Its so damn hot outside otherwise I would snap a few pictures.
So I'm like " What are the odds of that happening". Props for such cool spirit. If it happened to me, I'm usually high tempered when it comes to car damages.

Hope it gets buffed out with no problem. And congrats for the new car.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Congrats! But I'm surprise that you didn't include Acura MDX on your short list. Is there a reason? Just wondering.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
Until this part, I was like " Congrats ".

Until ....

So I'm like " What are the odds of that happening". Props for such cool spirit. If it happened to me, I'm usually high tempered when it comes to car damages.

Hope it gets buffed out with no problem. And congrats for the new car.
Thanks man I also hope it will get buffed out!

Originally Posted by theXman
Congrats! But I'm surprise that you didn't include Acura MDX on your short list. Is there a reason? Just wondering.
We loved the first gen MDX but the new one has taken a uglyish turn. The MDX was not even a option for us because of its shape and the sister SUV the RDX is just as alien looking.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

I bought my wife an RX450h in March. It's a great car. We were going to get an X5 diesel (I had one on order) but decided on the RX instead. The other choice was the MDX as Xman posted. Great car, but the new nose is a little challenging and the dealer wasn't playing ball to the extent I wanted so we went with the RX. The other MDX oddity was access to the third row of seats which is from one side only. That would be a pain over the long term and could, in some cases, create something of a safety issue in the event of a roll over. Anyway - no bad choices among the three, we'd have been happy with any of them. I will say that my vote would have gone to the MDX - with the Advance package it is a great handling SUV - but my wife wanted a quieter, more comfortable car and the Lexus best fit the bill from that perspective.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames
I bought my wife an RX450h in March. It's a great car. We were going to get an X5 diesel (I had one on order) but decided on the RX instead. The other choice was the MDX as Xman posted. Great car, but the new nose is a little challenging and the dealer wasn't playing ball to the extent I wanted so we went with the RX. The other MDX oddity was access to the third row of seats which is from one side only. That would be a pain over the long term and could, in some cases, create something of a safety issue in the event of a roll over. Anyway - no bad choices among the three, we'd have been happy with any of them. I will say that my vote would have gone to the MDX - with the Advance package it is a great handling SUV - but my wife wanted a quieter, more comfortable car and the Lexus best fit the bill from that perspective.
Congratulations! What color is your RX? What MPG do you average with the hybrid? I am curious to know I have been getting a combined MPG of 16.7.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Congratulations! What color is your RX? What MPG do you average with the hybrid? I am curious to know I have been getting a combined MPG of 16.7.
It's Truffle Mica with the Parchment interior. It's a really nice combination, particularly when it's sunny. The mica paint really looks great. We're getting just under 25 combined right now but it has been higher (and lower too). It's only done 2500 miles so we're still really breaking it in, and it's not been on any long journeys - this is urban only. The combined MPG should increase over time.