Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Peter Peppers??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Peter Pepper....

Copied and pasted from http://www.peterpeppers.com/Peter_Pe...er_peppers.htm

It is a curious little pepper, the Peter Pepper. Some say it's sexy. Some say it's hot. Others say it is delicious. No matter who you are, you will agree it is an unusual Cajun pepper. One that makes every cooking and gift giving occasion an interesting experience.

The Story of the Peter Pepper

The fiery little Peter Pepper has long been considered too hot to eat! Native to Louisiana and Texas, this blistering capsicum forms pods which naturally and consistently contort themselves into a miniature replica of, well - take a look at its scientific name: Capsicum annuum var. annuum 'Peter' (Penis Pepper).

These interesting peppers are certainly a conversation piece for the gardener who has everything! Seeds are almost impossible to obtain, and most plants are grown from much coveted "private stock" - plants grown year after year for seeds alone.

Actually, the word pepper can be confusing here. The familiar black or white pepper is a product of Piper nigrum and that is an entirely different plant! Peter Peppers belong to the genus Capsicum. The name Capsicum comes from the Greek kapto, to bite, an allusion to the hot, biting taste of the fruits. Some capsicums are sweet, some are hot, others are mild, and they all have unique shapes and culinary uses. Famous cousins of the Peter Pepper include the tabasco pepper and the jalapeno. However, Peter Peppers are hotter than the tabasco and at least 10 times hotter than the jalapeno.

Papa Jeabert's Founder:
The founder of Papa Jeabert's, Inc., Phil Gremillion was born and raised in the heart of Cajun country - Lafayette, Louisiana, and grew Peter Peppers in his back yard from seeds given to him by his father.

Little is known about commercial cultivation of the Peter Pepper because it has always been grown as an ornamental. Papa Jeabert's was the first to grow Peter Peppers for commercial purposes. The first successful commercial field of Peter Peppers was grown by Papa Jeabert's under nursery shade cloth to protect the pepper plants from the sun.

Today the peppers are still grown under shade cloth, with the growing season lasting from late March through early October. A typical field might have 2,000 plants, set about 16 inches apart. Each Peter Pepper plant produces approximately 100 hot little peppers.

Everybody cooks in Phil Gremillion's hometown of Lafayette. In fact, the area is known for its good food and "joie de vivre" - love of life! With a bumper crop of Peter Peppers at his backdoor, Phil experimented with his own spice blend made from dried and crushed Peter Peppers. When he gave bottles of the blend to friends and relatives, they were immediately hooked on its delicious and different taste. Soon it was obvious that Phil had the seed of a hot business.

In 1995, the local press ran a story on this new business, describing Phil Gremillion as the man who tamed the hottest of the peppers.

Spice de Terre:
Spice de Terre is a completely natural, gourmet blend, containing Peter Peppers, onion, cayenne, lemon, papaya, green and red bell peppers, and only a tiny bit of salt. Perfect for all kinds of diets, the all new, certified Cajun spice blend has became a local success story.

In an interview, Gremillion said, "Working with Peter Peppers is very difficult. The pepper has an oil which is fiery hot, and touching the fresh pepper and then touching the skin can cause blistering. Crushing the dried Peter Peppers creates a fine, almost invisible, powder which burns the skin and can cause choking. I have to wear a gas mask and rubber gloves whenever I crush the Peter Peppers."

Behind the Name:
Despite the difficulty in growing and blending the Peter Peppers, Gremillion has created a whole new taste for Cajun cooks. And when it came time to give a name to this new spice company he didn't have to look very far for the right one. His son, Jeabert, is a lot like his dad - and the perfect choice for a business partner.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Cool pic.

I hate peppers -- whether in that rather curious shape or not.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

I don't know why anyone would like those. They look like penis.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by theXman' post='978898' date='Aug 17 2009, 12:46 AM
I don't know why anyone would like those. They look like penis.
you, my friend, have a very very dirty mind!!

So do we!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='978882' date='Aug 17 2009, 12:39 AM
Peter Pepper....

Copied and pasted from http://www.peterpeppers.com/Peter_Pe...er_peppers.htm

It is a curious little pepper, the Peter Pepper. Some say it's sexy. Some say it's hot. Others say it is delicious. No matter who you are, you will agree it is an unusual Cajun pepper. One that makes every cooking and gift giving occasion an interesting experience.

The Story of the Peter Pepper

The fiery little Peter Pepper has long been considered too hot to eat! Native to Louisiana and Texas, this blistering capsicum forms pods which naturally and consistently contort themselves into a miniature replica of, well - take a look at its scientific name: Capsicum annuum var. annuum 'Peter' (Penis Pepper).

These interesting peppers are certainly a conversation piece for the gardener who has everything! Seeds are almost impossible to obtain, and most plants are grown from much coveted "private stock" - plants grown year after year for seeds alone.

Actually, the word pepper can be confusing here. The familiar black or white pepper is a product of Piper nigrum and that is an entirely different plant! Peter Peppers belong to the genus Capsicum. The name Capsicum comes from the Greek kapto, to bite, an allusion to the hot, biting taste of the fruits. Some capsicums are sweet, some are hot, others are mild, and they all have unique shapes and culinary uses. Famous cousins of the Peter Pepper include the tabasco pepper and the jalapeno. However, Peter Peppers are hotter than the tabasco and at least 10 times hotter than the jalapeno.

Papa Jeabert's Founder:
The founder of Papa Jeabert's, Inc., Phil Gremillion was born and raised in the heart of Cajun country - Lafayette, Louisiana, and grew Peter Peppers in his back yard from seeds given to him by his father.

Little is known about commercial cultivation of the Peter Pepper because it has always been grown as an ornamental. Papa Jeabert's was the first to grow Peter Peppers for commercial purposes. The first successful commercial field of Peter Peppers was grown by Papa Jeabert's under nursery shade cloth to protect the pepper plants from the sun.

Today the peppers are still grown under shade cloth, with the growing season lasting from late March through early October. A typical field might have 2,000 plants, set about 16 inches apart. Each Peter Pepper plant produces approximately 100 hot little peppers.

Everybody cooks in Phil Gremillion's hometown of Lafayette. In fact, the area is known for its good food and "joie de vivre" - love of life! With a bumper crop of Peter Peppers at his backdoor, Phil experimented with his own spice blend made from dried and crushed Peter Peppers. When he gave bottles of the blend to friends and relatives, they were immediately hooked on its delicious and different taste. Soon it was obvious that Phil had the seed of a hot business.

In 1995, the local press ran a story on this new business, describing Phil Gremillion as the man who tamed the hottest of the peppers.

Spice de Terre:
Spice de Terre is a completely natural, gourmet blend, containing Peter Peppers, onion, cayenne, lemon, papaya, green and red bell peppers, and only a tiny bit of salt. Perfect for all kinds of diets, the all new, certified Cajun spice blend has became a local success story.

In an interview, Gremillion said, "Working with Peter Peppers is very difficult. The pepper has an oil which is fiery hot, and touching the fresh pepper and then touching the skin can cause blistering. Crushing the dried Peter Peppers creates a fine, almost invisible, powder which burns the skin and can cause choking. I have to wear a gas mask and rubber gloves whenever I crush the Peter Peppers."

Behind the Name:
Despite the difficulty in growing and blending the Peter Peppers, Gremillion has created a whole new taste for Cajun cooks. And when it came time to give a name to this new spice company he didn't have to look very far for the right one. His son, Jeabert, is a lot like his dad - and the perfect choice for a business partner.

John, did you write that gay little ^"ode to the peter pepper"^ yourself?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='978913' date='Aug 17 2009, 12:55 AM
John, did you write that gay little ^"ode to the peter pepper"^ yourself?
Makes you wonder what prompted John to write this thread? What could possibly be on his mind?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='978917' date='Aug 17 2009, 12:57 AM
Makes you wonder what prompted John to write this thread? What could possibly be on his mind?
Nah, it just explains the diarrhea

I'm just wondering how I didn't see it before but now it all makes sense - the hair, the walk, the accent bwahahahahahahahahahahhaaaa
Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='978928' date='Aug 17 2009, 01:03 AM
Nah, it just explains the diarrhea

I'm just wondering how I didn't see it before but now it all makes sense - the hair, the walk, the accent bwahahahahahahahahahahhaaaa
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I never saw a pepper before that needed circumcision!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='979467' date='Aug 17 2009, 10:35 AM
I never saw a pepper before that needed circumcision!!
haha.. yeah.. slicing them would be subconsiously painful..

Quick Reply: Peter Peppers??!!??