Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

People that leave shopping carts all over the place=losers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Canada for the weekend what a pity place this is. People need to learn how to drive in this country. I was on the 401 this afternoon going to Markham this douchebag in a Civic was tailgating me and I was doing 80 MPH and he then does a ricer fly by and cuts me off .

Asshole I will shit on your car if I ever see your douchebag civic lx.

I was at "Zellers" a scary a place I would not suggest going there, a mix of K-Mart/Walmart and all the junk that comes with the "marts. It is windy here "Very Windy like 30-50MPH", and I guess some idiot left his shopping cart in a empty parking space and it started rolling down and there was a guy in a car and it rolls right towards his car he gets out like 5 seconds too late and saying something like "HALLLAUAHAHH" but it hits his car anyway.

Losers that leave carts everwhere need to die.

Honestly people in Canada need to learn how to drive the 401 is a PITA place to be a broken down Altima was in the left lane of the expressway and had no hazzards nothing on, accident waiting to be happened.

/rant.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1030268' date='Oct 12 2009, 01:48 AM
I am in Canada for the weekend what a pity place this is. People need to learn how to drive in this country. I was on the 401 this afternoon going to Markham this douchebag in a Civic was tailgating me and I was doing 80 MPH and he then does a ricer fly by and cuts me off .

I was at "Zellers" a scary a place I would not suggest going there, a mix of K-Mart/Walmart and all the junk that comes with the "marts. It is windy here "Very Windy like 30-50MPH", and I guess some idiot left his shopping cart in a empty parking space and it started rolling down and there was a guy in a car and it rolls right towards his car he gets out like 5 seconds too late and saying something like "HALLLAUAHAHH" but it hits his car anyway.

Honestly people in Canada need to learn how to drive the 401 is a PITA place to be a broken down Altima was in the left lane of the expressway and had no hazzards nothing on, accident waiting to be happened.

/rant.
Replace "Canada" with "UK" and much the same applies!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1030268' date='Oct 12 2009, 07:48 AM

/rant.
Need anger management classes much ?

That was quite an emotional rant for a few normal-part-of-life things. I've been tailgated (it only happens when there's a speed limit in force, when there isn't they can't keep up ) and it sucks, but it's not such a massive thing that I remember it more than 5 minutes. As for shopping carts being left, yeah that sucks, and that's why most supermarkets (in europe at least) have those little lock things on so that you have to put your pound/euro in to effectively rent the cart. It's an incentive for people to take it back rather than throw away a pound/euro. Any carts found without an owner in the car park would soon be snapped up by someone keen to cash in on that coin in the slot. As for breaking down in that lane, it's pretty dumb, but you don't know the circumstances. If he'd suddenly lost all the electrics and the traffic was so heavy that he couldn't manage to filter over to the right lanes/shoulder then what choice did he have.

I think your rant really shows that you're needing to chill out and stop stressing about the idiotic things people will do. They are all stupid and lazy and scummy things you mentioned, but shit happens. My wife can't believe how I don't get angry if people cut me up or tailgate me, but the end result is my blood pressure is lower than hers
Old 10-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Contributors

f(x) = disaster

x can be NYC ..(hey C's)
Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1030268' date='Oct 11 2009, 11:48 PM

/rant.
Please watch your language and there are many Canadian members here and I bet we don't like that you said "what a pity place this is. People need to learn how to drive in this country". Do you think U.S. drivers are the best in the world? free of douchebags in U.S.??

so think first before you post the thread. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by miguex' post='1031321' date='Oct 13 2009, 10:41 AM
Please watch your language and there are many Canadians members here and I bet we don't like that you said "what a pity place this is. People need to learn how to drive in this country". Do you think U.S. drivers are the best in the world? free of douchebags in U.S.??
+1 agreed.

It's a global problem ...
Old 10-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Every country even states or provinces have different driver styles/habits/rules. Driving in CA is slightly not same as NY and FL. In Canada: Alberta is different than Ontario.

Source: US Drivers vs Canadian Drivers: http://fleshy.org.nz/yum/2004/07/19/americ...nadian-drivers/

But some rules depends on every state or province obviously.

Canadian Highway Rules:

# Drive 20 over the posted limit. If it?s listed as 100, you go 120. If you?re feeling frisky you can probably go faster, but I didn?t want to risk a ticket and almost everyone was hovering around that speed.
# Assume you are the slowest person on the road. This means you stay in the right lane. If you have to pass someone, do so, but get back in the right lane after you?re done. If there are three or more lanes, you can probably get away with hanging out in the middle, especially in toronto where the right lanes typically turn into Collectors and you don?t want to take those unless you?re getting off the expressway.
# If you are passing and someone comes up behind you, speed up then move right as soon as you can.
# It?s okay to cut right in front or right behind people. This is important when coupled with the above rule, because if you need to pass but there?s a line of cars in the left lane, you can squeeze in and get your passing done. You don?t have to wait for the line to pass.

U.S. Highway Rules:

# 5mph over is the general limit. I think this stems from the urban myth that cops cut slack up to 5 over due to radar and speedometer inaccuracies. I don?t know if it?s true, but it seems to be the norm. 10 over is more exciting, and indeed parts of the country that?s what people drive, but there seems to be some expectation that you?re risking a ticket, even if everyone else is doing 10 and 15 over.
# Pass when you can, but don?t cut in front of people. Wait your turn. This means you can easily get stuck behind slow trucks waiting for a line of faster cars to pass.
# If you are passing, there?s no real obligation to break the law in order to get back in the right lane. For example, if you?re doing 65mph and start to pass a truck going 60, feel free to continue your pace even though someone behind you wants to go 70.
# No lane is sacrosanct. You see people hanging out in any lane, though there is some tendency to stick more towards the right. In three or more lane situations the left-most lane typically is for the very fast traffic or passing, but you still do see people going the speed limit on that side.
# It?s basically a free-for-all.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='1031328' date='Oct 13 2009, 09:50 AM
+1 agreed.

It's a global problem ...

Well said Frank!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='1030312' date='Oct 12 2009, 03:04 AM
Need anger management classes much ?

That was quite an emotional rant for a few normal-part-of-life things. I've been tailgated (it only happens when there's a speed limit in force, when there isn't they can't keep up ) and it sucks, but it's not such a massive thing that I remember it more than 5 minutes. As for shopping carts being left, yeah that sucks, and that's why most supermarkets (in europe at least) have those little lock things on so that you have to put your pound/euro in to effectively rent the cart. It's an incentive for people to take it back rather than throw away a pound/euro. Any carts found without an owner in the car park would soon be snapped up by someone keen to cash in on that coin in the slot. As for breaking down in that lane, it's pretty dumb, but you don't know the circumstances. If he'd suddenly lost all the electrics and the traffic was so heavy that he couldn't manage to filter over to the right lanes/shoulder then what choice did he have.

I think your rant really shows that you're needing to chill out and stop stressing about the idiotic things people will do. They are all stupid and lazy and scummy things you mentioned, but shit happens. My wife can't believe how I don't get angry if people cut me up or tailgate me, but the end result is my blood pressure is lower than hers
Cash for carts?! That's a brilliant idea! Why doesnt the US do this?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1030268
This is the stuff that the hatred towards BMW drivers is made of, and correct me if I am wrong, isn't it your parents that pay for your ride? I would hate to think that without your parents you would be driving a douchbag civic LX. when I was your age, I drove far bigger pieces of crap then a douchbag civic lx. Someone needs a wake-up call.

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1030268' date='Oct 12 2009, 01:48 AM
While I can be fairly angry and hot headed at times, and I despise shopping carts floating around parking lots, I don't think they need to die.

Quick Reply: People that leave shopping carts all over the place=losers.