Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

People I hate at the gym

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just hate my gym ever since they lowered the price so much trash has been coming in. I am canceling my membership today and starting at a new gym tomorrow. Things I hate about my gym.

-Too many people. I mean seriously ever since they dropped the price every single type of person is coming....and many of these people are clueless and just waste my time. They don't put the weights back in the proper area and just hang around the machines talking to people. The gym was perfect before but now its just unbearable.

-Parking. Due to the recent increase in people.... it takes 15 min to find a parking spot.

-Old guys in the locker room. Stop walking around naked please. I don't want to see your privates and please for the love of god DO NOT blow dry your balls...that's just nasty! I also hate the guys that shave in the locker room and don't and just leave.

-People with bad BO. Please invest in some deodorant!

-People who grunt and make noises and slam weights. I understand you are working out but I don't need to hear you going ROOORRRAAHUH ROOORAHUH RROOOAHUH. Then the big "juice heads" that slam the weights down.

/rant

Share your stories.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Contributors

You basically described any mass appeal gym, unless you are going to Equinox or have a private trainer. The way I get around some of those things is to just go early in the morning around 5 or 6am. You miss most if not all the crowds because most people don't wake up that early to gym. Less people means more parking spots, less naked old men, and less of everything you just complained about.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

+1... In before 5 am and out before 6 am. Just a few regulars at that time and no issues with crowds, access to machines etc.

And really? Blow drying their balls?? Have to say I've never seen that one. What kind of gym are you going to?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Contributors

You tend to get that also in the higher end gyms. I belong to the Los Angeles Athletic Club, and you have a lot of the older gentlemen walking around naked in the locker room - it doesn't matter what time of the day. The only difference is that these gentlemen are all captains of industry...

I just put up with it because I view it as a good networking opportunity. Not sure if that is the case with your gym.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:50 AM
Contributors

I hate teenagers at the gym who use the bench in front of my 100 lb dumbells, causing me to have to pick up 200 lbs of weight and walk across the gym with it to the open bench in front of the 20s, which they are using anyway.

I hate pencil armed high school kids who wear wifebeaters and sleveless shirts.

I hate teenagers that use gloves and straps. I am doing t-bar rows with 6 45 lb plates, surely you dont need straps for shrugs with 45 lb dumbells.

I hate kids who wear oversized baseball caps in the gym.

----

My gym doesnt have many children. I pay $70 a month and work out at the top gym in the Hyde Park neigborhood of Tampa because, quite frankly, the best looking people in town are there, and the gym in maintained very well. I am just giving the OP crap because of his age.

Now that I have picked on the children I have a few other pet peeves at the gym:

--People asking me for advice and then telling me a better way of doing it. I am 6'2" 240 lbs. I benchpress trucks and eat children for protien. If you are 150 lbs, get the fuck away from me with advice, especially when you are asking for it.

--I dont mind people talking, but get off of the machine I want to use. If you want to excercise your jaw, you dont need the smith machine for that, I have shrugs to do.

--Guys who hit on women they clearly should not be talking to. I am a fit, good looking guy and I leave women alone at the gym, even if I see them looking at me, so fat old guy with your hairy balls showing out of the bottom of your shorts, leave them alone.

--Personal trainers who think they have priority on a bench. If I am done using it, you can stand there in my presence keeping your mouth shut until I am done. I will let you know when you can use it. If I am in a good mood, you can work in.

--On that last note, I hate out of shape personal trainers. Same way I hate fat doctors and mechanics who cant get to work on time because their car broke down. Have some pride in what you do. Clients want someone who is clearly passionate about fitness and Nutrition. Otherwise you are just going through the motions.

--There is a guy who wears patchouli oil at the gym. It gags people. A lot of people have complained, including trainers. there is no rule against smells in the gym. this pisses me off.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
I
----
Now that I have picked on the children I have a few other pet peeves at the gym:

--People asking me for advice and then telling me a better way of doing it. I am 6'2" 240 lbs. I benchpress trucks and eat children for protien. If you are 150 lbs, get the fuck away from me with advice, especially when you are asking for it.

Classic!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Not sure whether its good or bad, but I hate watching fine ass women in skimpy excercise outfits walking 2 miles per hour on a treadmill while they are busy texting/talking on their cellphone.

Then again, if I'm watching - it can't be THAT bad.....
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

I hate watching hot women working out ....it distracts me from my workout...and then I have to go home and do my own workout.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I hate watching hot women working out ....it distracts me from my workout...and then I have to go home and do my own workout.
Is that what they're calling it these days?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi
Is that what they're calling it these days?

Quick Reply: People I hate at the gym