Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

panasonic CF-29

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

does anybody have the original bluetooth driver for the panasonic toughbook cf-29? I just bought a cf-29 & panasonic doesn't offer the drivers on their website, or for sale either ... they won't release them.

thanks,

--mp
Old 04-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

It's not available here?

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pc/cgi-bin...ghbook/dl01.cgi
Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

nope, i even called them ... no BT drivers available for download.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' post='267184' date='Apr 10 2006, 12:04 PM
does anybody have the original bluetooth driver for the panasonic toughbook cf-29? I just bought a cf-29 & panasonic doesn't offer the drivers on their website, or for sale either ... they won't release them.
thanks,

--mp

I presume you mean for Windows? The laptop manual might state the chipset that is being used. The manufacturer of the chipset is probably sourcing some drivers - try checking there.

Did you try Windows Update?

Have you opened the unit to determine that the BT radio is in fact present? They're generally modular in laptops, and from what little search results I found, it appears that a separate BT kit could be purchased for the CF-29. It is possible that perhaps yours doesn't have it.

If you do in fact have the radio, check your bios to ensure that you are powering the radio. (sometimes there are keys on the keyboard to power the BT radio on and off - check the manual) If the radio is getting power, do you see some question marks in the Windows "Device Manager" next to an "Unknown USB device"? BT radios that don't have proper drivers will often show up this way in a laptop.

If none of that helps, you might consider running Linux - there's a good chance that the drivers for the device will be present in one of the popular distros.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='267298
Did you try Windows Update?
Yes - no drivers

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='267298
If you do in fact have the radio, check your bios to ensure that you are powering the radio. (sometimes there are keys on the keyboard to power the BT radio on and off - check the manual) If the radio is getting power, do you see some question marks in the Windows "Device Manager" next to an "Unknown USB device"? BT radios that don't have proper drivers will often show up this way in a laptop.
If none of that helps, you might consider running Linux - there's a good chance that the drivers for the device will be present in one of the popular distros.
BT module, since its modular - its not in the bios.
no keys - and its turned on|off by software - the software i'm missing.
sure do - thats the UGX module.
linux is not an option - lots of MS based software needed to run on this machine.

I talked to a few guys over @ panasonic yesterday evening again - one is going to try burning a copy & sending it to me .... apparently its a whole software package - not just drivers.

--mp
Old 04-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' post='267622' date='Apr 11 2006, 08:39 AM
correct - WinXP Pro SP2 .. not so easy.
Yes - no drivers
No need - its there.
Correct - its there though.
BT module, since its modular - its not in the bios.
no keys - and its turned on|off by software - the software i'm missing.
sure do - thats the UGX module.
linux is not an option - lots of MS based software needed to run on this machine.
I talked to a few guys over @ panasonic yesterday evening again - one is going to try burning a copy & sending it to me .... apparently its a whole software package - not just drivers.
--mp

That's good that you're getting it worked out. My Dell has power on the keys and the bios and I -think- it's modular, but I could be wrong. Either way you're getting it worked out.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

OK> i got them.

Thanks again.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' post='267184' date='Apr 10 2006, 11:04 AM

thanks,

--mp

I have an answer for your bluetooth for CF-29

Login at:
https://ftps.panasonic.com/human.aspx?r=2126695130

User: customer
Password: Toughbook32

once in type on the serach: bluetooth

Option bluetooth 2 most likely to be the one

Also under www.panasonic.com under laptops/support they have a chat button always on! They could help you in more than just a bluetooth issue!

Ariel Sanchez

http://www.dieselsolution.com
Heavy Duty Diagnostic tools