Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Out of Topic

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004 | 02:33 PM
Members

Sorry guys, but I can't help myself, I have to say it. If my next car will have half the performance of my nacional team, then I will drive the best european car for the next 4 years. Viva Portugal!!!
Old 06-30-2004 | 02:36 PM
Senior Members

Well done to the lads they played well tonight. Still a bit upset that you knocked us out in the quarter finals, but you deserved to win that game as you did tonight.

Best of luck in the final.

Mark
Old 06-30-2004 | 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Great Game !

I hope you guys play against Greece and win.

I'm so happy you kicked the Dutch out of the tournament
Old 06-30-2004 | 11:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Portugal was definately better than holland. Although I am not happy we are kicked out of the tournament it was deserved for portugal to win.
Old 06-30-2004 | 11:28 PM
Senior Members

This is a great topic for the "Lounge" forum.
Old 07-01-2004 | 05:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jun 30 2004, 11:39 PM
I'm so happy you kicked the Dutch out of the tournament

Why?
Old 07-01-2004 | 05:49 AM
Members

Urs Meier, the Swiss referee who disallowed the goal that would have sent England into the semi-finals of Euro 2004, has been given police protection and advised to go into hiding after receiving more than 16,000 emails - some containing death threats - from outraged England fans.
Meier, who denied Sol Campbell a 90th-minute winner in England's hard-fought quarter-final against Portugal, insisted his decision was "100% correct". He said he was shocked by the English reaction, particularly that of the Sun, which printed his email address.

"I had a wonderful Euro with three fantastic games," Meier told Swiss national radio. "But on the other hand the problem with the English newspapers, especially with the Sun, is a big shock for me here in Switzerland. This is not the right way to handle referees' decisions, whether they're right or wrong."

The 45-year-old referee said police were with him as he was talking and that he was taking the threats "very seriously". He added: "I've been advised to go somewhere where no one knows me. I hope the whole reaction is against me and not against other people in my family. And I hope that after the Euro everything will return to normal, that people will forget and that I will get my private life back."

Meier said he believed his decision was right and that he had been vindicated by video evidence. He was backed up by Uefa's referees' committee.

"I'm absolutely shocked by what's gone on and the attacks from the Sun, supporters and other newspapers," he said. "I'm really shocked because the decision was 100% correct and the whole world saw this decision was correct. I was always of the opinion that the spirit of fair play in England was really important, with respect for officials."

Advertiser links
Compassion UK - Christian Child Charity
Sponsor a child in need through Compassion's Christian child...

compassionuk.org

Sponsor a Child - World Vision Charity
Poverty kills a child every three seconds. For just 60p a...

sponsor-a-child.venister.org

Children International - Sponsor A Child
Make a difference by sponsoring a needy child. For only $18...

children.org
The referee said the quarter final had been "one of the best matches I have ever refereed" and "the best match of Euro 2004". Its aftermath had not lessened his affection for England, where he spent a month last year, or for English football, but it had taught him a lesson about British tabloids.

"In general, I very much like the football and the people in England," he said.

"But some supporters are now really overheated, and it's not right that a newspaper like the Sun should invade the private life of a person in this way. I have also been quoted as saying that the decision was not correct. I never said anything like this to a newspaper. That was also a new experience for me - that they should write something that wasn't true."

Swiss media have leapt to Meier's defence. A radio DJ, Roman Kilschperger, gave listeners the Sun's telephone number and urged them to launch a counterattack, while the free daily newspaper 20 Minutes printed two Sun telephone numbers and an email address.

They may now be regretting their fervour. Since the Sun published telephone numbers and an email address for Mr Kilschperger, the DJ has had "hundreds of emails and at least a thousand phone calls" from England fans, he told the Swiss newspaper Blick. As well as the f-word, "they usually also mention cuckoo clocks and cheese", he complained.

? A Sun spokeswoman declined to comment.
Old 07-01-2004 | 05:54 AM
Contributors

Old 07-01-2004 | 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Jul 1 2004, 03:21 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Jun 30 2004, 11:39 PM']

I'm so happy you kicked the Dutch out of the tournament?

Why? [/quote]
I was just trying to make a little fun about the archrivalry between the Dutch and the German soccer fans.
I really don't care. I am an American Football guy.
Old 07-03-2004 | 05:07 AM
Senior Members

The Euro 2004 final is a repeat of last World Cup final, Brazil vs Germany (coaches' nationalities).

Quick Reply: Out of Topic