Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

One of the most beautiful cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had finished having a drink in the pub (a coke might i add) and was driving around town seeing what was going on....

I was with a mate.

All of a sudden he shouted 'GO JAMES GO GO GO GO GO'

I strained my eyes to try and see what the hell he had quite clearly seen and wanted a closer look at...Im not entirely sure how i missed it but then my eyes landed on something....the lights were very wide apart and the car was very very squat judging by how high the rear lights were....

I floored it and did a bit of an illegal overtaking manoever past some old guy in a ford fiesta to catch up....

infront was the most beautiful road car i think ive ever seen...

We were still tooling through town but he turned right onto the small ring road that runs around part of stratford.....

i obviously followed...just to hear the twin tail pipes play their tune.

i had dropped it into sport mode in antipication....Then as we came round the corner the traffic cleared infront of us and there were a large group of people milling around outside a pub saying their goodbyes.

What happened next made my night.

He floored it. The old dude in this monster ?220,000 sex on wheels floored it.
I did too except the 'roar' of my engine was just drowned out in a sea of italian opera.

The way i could tell that he had floored it (apart from the noise and the 'holy shit batman' from my copilot) was that out the exhaust came an absolute bucket load of unburnt fuel which splattered all over the front of my newly cleaned and polished car....howefver a quick turn of the wipers and we were all systems go..

I followed for as long as possible....i may even have spooked him as he started to indicate right on a dual carriage way. The satnav said there was no junction or road or turn there but i thought 'maybe its a backroad'....turns out that his monsterously huge mansion behind giant double gates was just off the road....and i was following him in...he seemed to hesitate at the junction because it was obvious i was following him...the only thing i could do was to sit behind him and let him work otu what he wanted to do.

He then pulled across the main carriage way and i did a U turn and drove away.

It was however the most beautiful car i have ever seen.

The fact this old guy had the top down at 12am when it was somewhat cold outside and clearly didnt give a monkeys about the police hearing his huge engine screaming made me think 'i hope to god im like that when im his age'
Old 04-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

WOW what a nice car... *sigh*
Old 04-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

I just love Lambo's
Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Members

Maybe someday. OK, back to dreaming.....
Old 04-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

That's a gorgeous car!
Old 04-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

It reminds me of when I visited the car exhibition in Stockholm recently.
The new lamborghini murcielago
Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails One of the most beautiful cars-lambo.jpg   One of the most beautiful cars-lambo2.jpg  
Old 04-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

a couple of months ago. i was at the track and there was a demonstration. of the new baby lamborghini the gallardo spyder (convertable) ....all 4 lambo cars were there murcielago coupe and roadster, gallardo coupe and spyder....the costumers would be given some demonstration laps on track at full speed....that car sounds incredible....and when it comes back to the pits if its hot, there would still be flames comming out of the exhast, im not sure if its because they were using racing fuels...but the flames would be there for quite a while 10~15 secs before going out...i was told at the time it was the ONLY gallardo spyder in the world and production would begin soon...not sure though...sorry i dont think i have pics of the convertable..
One of the most beautiful cars-trackdays11.jpg
One of the most beautiful cars-trackdays13.jpg
Old 04-30-2006, 02:16 AM
Members

i live in london where theres a lamborghini dealership around the corner. lucky enough to see a higher than average number of lambos a week, either being driven or parked up.
the roads are absolutely straight, and im surprised that in the dead of the night people dont race their cars more, because there are plenty of ferraris, porsches, astons and bentleys about too. Having said that, i do hear the howling engines of some cars blitzing by at 2am in the morning, just never really seen it.
But they make the most incredible noise. Especially when your behind one in a tunnel!!! (and they're enjoying convertible topless soundtrack as well.)!!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ajoy' post='275985' date='Apr 30 2006, 12:16 PM
i live in london where theres a lamborghini dealership around the corner. lucky enough to see a higher than average number of lambos a week, either being driven or parked up.
the roads are absolutely straight, and im surprised that in the dead of the night people dont race their cars more, because there are plenty of ferraris, porsches, astons and bentleys about too. Having said that, i do hear the howling engines of some cars blitzing by at 2am in the morning, just never really seen it.
But they make the most incredible noise. Especially when your behind one in a tunnel!!! (and they're enjoying convertible topless soundtrack as well.)!!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Want one!!!! :'(

Skaffa

Quick Reply: One of the most beautiful cars