Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Oil Flooding into the Gulf

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by pjinca
Nope, I don't, it is a failure of the Government as a whole to properly regulate industries that can cause these types of catastrophes. Now, the fact that Republicans are usually the ones pushing hard for less regulation doesn't help. And even though Cheney left Haliburton he is still a major stock holder and was instrumental in him and his cronies winning huge contracts for Haliburton in Iraq and Afghanistan - thus making himself a tidy profit too.
Now that we know you were wrong about Mr. Cheney being a director of Halliburton, please tell us of your source of information as to how much stock he now owns?

How many shares defines a ?major stockholder??

What is a ?tidy profit?? And what is the problem with a ?tidy profit??

Please define ?greedy??

sixcard
Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by CWS530
Same expert who receommended bombing the Icelandic volcano?
Seems like the qualifications for being an expert have lowered considerably. Hell...I may be one by default
Old 05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Members

Same expert who receommended bombing the Icelandic volcano?
Many scientists and physicists recommend bombing. I didn't expect you to read the literature that is why I sent you the video. You probably excell at watching videos. Can't you even watch the news video and respond to it? OMG we are slow. You are qualified to challenge empirical findings by the experts? Why don't you tell us what your evidence is that the experts are wrong, Mr. Expert?

Instead of a mindless cute remark why don't you give us your scientific data which disagrees with the experts?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by GregBrand
Many scientists and physicists recommend bombing. I didn't expect you to read the literature that is why I sent you the video. You probably excell at watching videos. Can't you even watch the news video and respond to it? OMG we are slow. You are qualified to challenge empirical findings by the experts? Why don't you tell us what your evidence is that the experts are wrong, Mr. Expert?

Instead of a mindless cute remark why don't you give us your scientific data which disagrees with the experts?
Them's fighting words

But really, this technique is often used in Texas. Sometimes a drill platform experiences troubles...i.e. a leaking pipe...there is actually a company that will head out to these location, blow the drill hole apart and the problem will bury itself...

Bombing it seems like a better idea than shoving tires and gold balls down there...did that sound wrong?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Were you and "Dead-Eye Dick" hunting buddies back in the day??

Originally Posted by sixcard
Now that we know you were wrong about Mr. Cheney being a director of Halliburton, please tell us of your source of information as to how much stock he now owns?
Hopefully none - since he left haliburton to eventually become the Vice President and owning Haliburton stock at any point of his tenure would have been a stark contrast to his claim of leaving "to avoid conflict of interest" in the first place. But do you think we all believe he left that job for nothing?

How many shares defines a ?major stockholder??
Last I checked, 100,000 shares. But a more relevant question is "What does a CEO of a Fortune 500 company get when he/she resigns?" Mr. Cheney got a cool 20 million for giving up his civvy job to be a public servant. I doubt Haliburton could get away with writing that much off in cash to its shareholders - so its a safe bet there's an assload of stock tied to Mr. Cheney via some well-hidden holding company.

What is a ?tidy profit?? And what is the problem with a ?tidy profit??
Cheney made most of his wealth from his connection with Haliburton. It's HOW that profit was made that irks many people, including me. So lets see - Dick leaves Haliburton for the White House, then he stands by Bush's delcaration of "WMD's" existing in Iraq (which seven years later STILL haven't been found), then by chance KBR (owned by guess who??) gets a BILLION dollar contract to support OEF/OIF with quality facilities like the shower room that electrocuted a buddy of mine because of the crappy wiring.

I would think ANY profit he made (and only a fool would think he didn't make one) would be DIRTY,not tidy. But then again, YOU as a taxpayer gave it to him so I could see your sympathy
Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Okay, you know what, I'm just gonna go ahead and throw this out there and see if anyone wants to analyze my following statement and tell me I'm completely retarded here: I think both Dick and Dub'ya, and their whole "gang" are not unfamiliar with pulling immense-size insurance scams. And I'm not making any specific statements pertaining to any specific event here, but rather just thinking about all the times where insurers have had to pay millions and billions to parties somehow involved with these two. But no one's ever said this before, so I'm probably just a crazy guy
Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by GregBrand

Who are these "many scientists and physicists?" So far all I've seen is one doofus on reactionary Fox news and another doofus whose answer to everything seems to be "nuke it." No need to get your panties in a bunch, it's just that I don't believe everything I see on TV. BTW: When will bombing commence on the volcano based on the previous thread's suggestion?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Who are these "many scientists and physicists?" So far all I've seen is one doofus on reactionary Fox news and another doofus whose answer to everything seems to be "nuke it."
Doofus! That's 1 of those words I haven't heard for awhile. Good one. hahaha...
Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Senior Members

well....
Hate to say it, but this kind of stuff (oil spills) has been happening around the world for years.
Now ... since it happens in our own back yard .... we care.

Canada - Northern Forest Big Spill
Africa - Spills there all the time actuall
Alaska - Still oil there from last spill
South America's - Too many to name

No one holds these big oil companys acountable for Sh*t
No clean up plan, just a cover up.

Feel free to do some research on this, I'm sure you'll be surprised.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by theXman
Doofus! That's 1 of those words I haven't heard for awhile. Good one. hahaha...
kinda like last week i think AWG called PTL a "dickweed"... it cracked me up! we should start a thread on old words we havent heard in a while..(thats how bored i am here lately, lol)

and p.s I heard the spill has moved into the current that goes around the Florida keys...

Quick Reply: Oil Flooding into the Gulf