Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

OFF TOPIC....BUT

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Space Gray

hello all.....was hopin for some "help"/advice regarding the SF bay area...
plannin' on driving up the 545 tomorrow from socal to norcal.....plan to stay in downtown near geary and van ness.....idea is to have a quick road trip and take in some sights .....i plan to park the car at the hotel for the most part....BUT was hopin for advice on taking public trans from the hotel to SBC park on sat....
it "looks" to be easy...but born and raised in socal WITHOUT relyin on pub trans makes you sorta ignorant....looks like i can take the California cable line to the embarcadero station of the muni...then take the N train to the park......is this as easy as the map made it look like....
also any advice on scenic drives around town....MUCH APPRECIATED!!

cheers
jj
Old 09-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

stay at the four seasons.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 525iA Build 2004/08. "Safirschwartz Metallic". Navi Pro, Adaptive Headlights, Bi-Xenon, Panorama Sunroof etc... CIP 18.00.01 (No noticed bug)

I'm living 60 000 miles from there, but am a frequent visitor. One scenic route I remember (also fun to drive with a Bimmer) that doesn't take too long; Go south on #1 to Santa Cruz, then go #17 norht (Los Gatos, Campbell, San Jose), then #101 back to SF. Beleive me, it's scenic and a pleasure to drive (except for the last drive on #101...). Send some pics!!

(as an alternative from Santa Cruz,; go #9 trough Boulder Creek and then #35 towards San Mateo, SF)
Old 09-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Contributors

nappyjack:
Public transportation is very easy in SF. Since it is a relatively small area, tiny compared to LA, nothing is very far from anything. I take the bus to Candlestick from downtown - Union Square - very easy. Just ask the hotel personnel, they will know which bus/metro to take. Lots of great drives in the area, across Golden Gate Bridge to Stinson Beach, a must do. Go out Geary St. to Ocean Beach and down the Great Highway - tons of pretty stuff. Have fun