Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Off topic any experiences with the porsche cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking into a suv, does anyone own one?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i

not mer personally but they are VERY nice and very quick for being an SUV.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think we've got a bunch of accidental X3 fans here...
Old 10-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Senior Members

Personally, I think it looks ugly. And Porsche doesn't have a history in building SUVs. For SUVs, my top choice is still the Land Rover Dico, the new Disco is supposedly to feature a totally new engine. The current engine I heard is based on a design some 20 years ago. But seriously, if u ever sit in one, it feels rock solid like a tank (maybe except the hummer). Besides, the Cayene shares the same chasis/platform with the VW Toureg (spelling?), so is it a Porsche or a VW.....

My 2 cent

Bunbun.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Senior Members

i started a poll awhile ago but not for cayenne. my dad didn't buy any of them. he wanted a escalade but i know it'll change the body style late next year or early '06. so he wants to wait for that. back to the topic, my friend test drove the turbo and he said that thing flies .
Old 10-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I testdrove a Cayenne S. I didn't like it. The V8 didn't veel really fast and I found the interior rather cramped..
Old 10-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Senior Members

To be honest, I dont understand why manufacturers want to disguise their SUVs as sports cars. The COG of SUVs are much higher than that of sedans and coupes. Many "sporty" SUV owners thinking they're driving a sports car and speed in their SUVs making fast and hard turns. It has a much greater chance of flipping the vehicle and endangering others on the road.

If ppl want to drive fast, go with a 2 seater sports car, pls dont speed in an SUV.

MHO

Bunbun.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 20 2004, 08:57 PM
To be honest, I dont understand why manufacturers want to disguise their SUVs as sports cars.? The COG of SUVs are much higher than that of sedans and coupes.? Many "sporty" SUV owners thinking they're driving a sports car and speed in their SUVs making fast and hard turns.? It has a much greater chance of flipping the vehicle and endangering others on the road.

If ppl want to drive fast, go with a 2 seater sports car, pls dont speed in an SUV.

MHO

Bunbun.
[snapback]47450[/snapback]
well, i know what you are saying but some people need the space and still want the "sporty" feel. some people are driving fast cars now and can't stand the normal "turtle" suv .
Old 10-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Members

i am not looking for a replacement to a sports car. i need an suv, got a baby coming and i have a 5 year old already. i want a nice mid size suv with luxurious interior and powerfull engine and that handles better than a domestic suv.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by onefat99' date='Oct 20 2004, 09:17 PM
i am not looking for a replacement to a sports car. i need an suv, got a baby coming and i have a 5 year old already. i want a nice mid size suv with luxurious interior and powerfull engine and that handles better than a domestic suv.
[snapback]47458[/snapback]
i think you should email/pm suebmw. she highly recommended her new range rover .

Quick Reply: Off topic any experiences with the porsche cayenne