Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Nokia6230i and PC Suite

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d auto sport saloon. titanium silver with black dakota leather. comfort seats with heating front and back. maple wood. visibility pack. media pack with tv function. m rear spoiler and m double spoke 172 19'' wheels with continental tyres

I have been using this phone without any problems in my car and I have now downloaded Nokia PC Suite 6.7 onto my VAIO laptop with the idea that I can sync all of my phone numbers etc.

Connected my phone to the laptop by bluetooth and then performed a phone backup ( all numbers in phone memory ) but no numbers appear in the PC Suite window. I think they should appear even if I didnt do a backup?

I have checked online help and I think I am doing right so any pointers from seasoned users would be helpful.

Peter
Old 04-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I have the same phone..... The numbers are there but you just need some sort of application to see them.... so for instance you have to Sync the phone with Outlook or something...... the PC suit is mostly good for data management - upload, download, backup but not for any actual opperations...... all that PC suit allows you regarding names in the phone is to send SMS to those via the PC suit..... and add new names to your phone via PC suit.... that is all as to actual phone book management....... in the OLD days one could open those back up files with Excel and see the names and numbers......
so again....if you really want to manage your phone book Sync with Outlook
Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d auto sport saloon. titanium silver with black dakota leather. comfort seats with heating front and back. maple wood. visibility pack. media pack with tv function. m rear spoiler and m double spoke 172 19'' wheels with continental tyres

Thanks Peter530i. Will now try as you describe all though I only use my phone to make calls and I only have 49 names/numbers in the phone so I probably dont even need it sync'd!!

Thanks again.