Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Nissan GT-R V-Spec at the Nürburgring

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...bystanders that probably timed it with their wristwatches
Old 04-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='558818' date='Apr 9 2008, 08:25 PM
What kind of article is that? How could they post this on there website? Its like those unofficial LF-A times done by a non-production model. What a joke!

Where is the proof of 7:25?

"...has been caught lapping the famed N?rburgring at an incredible, if not simply unbelievable, 7:25 per lap. This, according to bystanders trackside."
its all BS hype from nissan, there has not been one official timing of the production car in either the GT-R or V modes...they just "claim" it was soo fast in testing..and even the stats that they provided in the mags were way off, it had a trap speed reported of like 135+ which is silly, but they just believe if they report a number then it will get the hype

bottom line is that its a nissan
Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='558849' date='Apr 9 2008, 10:04 PM
wow that is very cheep I can get 2 of these in US for the price of 1 in HK.
In HK it cost about $150,000.
Itis still the fastest and cheepest super car on the planet.
no, in the US it costs what it does and USD and in HK it costs what it does in HKD, you cannot compare currencies, theres much more than just a conversion that needs to be considered

and...its not a supercar nor is it the fastest of anything, unless you consder the WRX a super car too
Old 04-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

Well... m630 i believe as much as it is only a Nissan, you'll have to give this car proper respect. I mean i heard plenty of times there is no official timing on the Nring, but what official timing? Many other drivers set "unofficial" timings and plenty of times the Porsche test driver and were taken into consideration.

Plus many other mags and tv shows reviewed the GTR, out of which i remember Edmunds, R&D, Top Gear, Fitfh Gear and many more that test drove the GTR and got amaizing results and only words of praise. JC from TG also did a back to back comparo to the 911 turbo and you'll find plenty of his statements on this board, statements that not only really give GTR credit but place it over the turbo also. If those people said such words and even Porsche owners from Porsche boards ( i remember reading a 997 GT3 owner that was blown away by test driving his friend's GTR) then it really is something if you consider cars like Porsche 997 GT3 and 997 Turbo as super cars (i really do for my standards).
Then by logic the GTR is also considered a super car, at least for the performance for the buck it really is world's best budget supercar. No WRX or Mitsu EVO can post numbers like the GTR, not even near so comparing them is out of place.

The GTR i am sure will compete with "proper" supercars like 911 turbo and Ferrari F430, and the V-spec will for sure compete with Prosche GT2 and Ferrari F430 CS and if it will be a tad slower, and i stress the word IF, then it's ok since this is not a supercar by your words and hell it doesn't cost as much as it's competitors. So i really do think the GTR is a supercar, yes, and i really do think the Nurburging times are fantastic and unbelievable but looking at 0-60 reported times like 3.3 seconds for the normal GTR and other stuff like skid pad numbers, it wouldn't surprise me the V-spec to be a monster even if it's made by Nissan.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Contributors

i hear what youre saying, but i just dont agree at all

a car that can go fast does not make it a super car, speed is only one of many attributes..for ex, the 997 Turbo is NOT a supercar, the GT2 is

you dont compare this GTR to a GT2 or f430 S, its just not even possible on any level other than speed, which is silly, imho....and i dont care at all what the mags may say, they dont know cr*p for the most part, and are often cronies for the auto companys that support them.....and JC, while very funny, isnt the most objective as we all can agree on....

yes, this car is fast, but its like a fast toy...you dont make a car look like a video game and expect respect. you go out for years and years and years and perfect your cars on the race track in series after series and you learn how fast cars really need to be developed...inside and out

what you didnt mention for some reason is that the same mags that may praise its speed, also say the car had no feel, or soul, again, its made like a video game, you dont need any real driving skills, you just need to mash the pedal, that it not supercar attributes in anyones book

and in terms of official timing, if it was as fast in the prod as in the claimed tests, then why dont they officially time the car??? seems to me its an easy enough thing to do, unless youre hiding something that is....
Old 04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by m630' post='559055' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:53 PM
no, in the US it costs what it does and USD and in HK it costs what it does in HKD, you cannot compare currencies, theres much more than just a conversion that needs to be considered

and...its not a supercar nor is it the fastest of anything, unless you consder the WRX a super car too
1st itis not the currencies bcos. HK $ is fixed to US $ at $7.8 hk to $1 us.
The prices is high is cos. of the tax we in HK have to pay 120% over the car prices, that is why I can buy 2 in the US.
Well we have to see how good itis with the GTR street racer.
Do forget this car is design for road racing use (stock no mods) and unlike the other sports car which are design for track use.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='558818' date='Apr 9 2008, 08:25 PM
What kind of article is that? How could they post this on there website? Its like those unofficial LF-A times done by a non-production model. What a joke!

Where is the proof of 7:25?

"...has been caught lapping the famed N?rburgring at an incredible, if not simply unbelievable, 7:25 per lap. This, according to bystanders trackside."
PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING MY FRIEND!!!!!. I WORK FOR NISSAN... I DROVE THIS CAR... AND LET ME TELL YOU THE CAR IS ALL THAT AND FOR A FULLY LOADED CAR AT 72G... ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY.... the car is built very well... not like nissan... this car is so solid the handeling the POWER!!!!!!! AND THE TIME IN NURBURGRING IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY.... 7.25.... CHECK OUT THE GTR SITE....
Old 04-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

It is a great car would love to own it. wait there is a M3 never mind. I like the M3 better. Apples Oranges but i rather have M3.