Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007 | 09:44 PM
Senior Members

Saints will win more than eight games. They have the best backfield in the game and Brees is one hell of a QB. Carolina is overrated every season.
Old 09-10-2007 | 10:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Sport package, Premium package, Xenon 2002 BMW X5 3.0 Modded to X5 4.6is (4.6is body kits, exhaust) Premium pkg., cold weather pkg. rear climate pkg., Xenon headlights, clear all around.

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='468170' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:44 AM
Saints will win more than eight games. They have the best backfield in the game and Brees is one hell of a QB. Carolina is overrated every season.
If they keep passing like they did, they are not gonna do it. Most of teams they will play are air-it-out team too, and Drew Brees is not gonna out throw them. They need to establish running game and utilize Reggie Bush ability or they will lose in shoot out games like what you saw in Indy game. They are in need of a wide receiver, a good one whom Drew can throw the ball to. The best they will do is 9-7 if not an 8-8 ending. TEN will crush them at home, you will be cussing on the way to your work and wonder why and how that happen. 2 more weeks, and the Saints fans will swear they will never move the Tennessee. And the Titans will laugh their way to the charter. If you dont beleive me, wait 2 more weeks.
Old 09-11-2007 | 03:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NOVAE60' post='468141' date='Sep 10 2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, the Saints. Last year TV showed and praised the Saints because why? Katrina Recovery in New Orleans, They want to promote businesses, the more you appear on TV the more attention you get, hence more business to the area therefore will help Katrina Recovery. Reggie Bush might be a good player, but the Saints? Hmm, maybe not a good team. NFC is packed of good teams, they better do more than what they did last year to even get in playoff this year, because why? Katrina Recovery Program faded, they will face their own true souls. Here is the predics what happened to the Saints according to their schedule.
@IND LOSE
@TB WIN (close game)
TEN LOSE (you wll be surprised why)
CAR LOSE
@SEA LOSE
ATL WIN
SF WIN
JACK WIN (smack JACK around for sure)
STL WIN
HOU WIN
CAR LOSE (again)
TB WIN (easy)
@ATL LOSE (payback)
ARI WIN
PHI LOSE (McNabb will beat the Saints by 7)
@CHI LOSE (Grossman showed the Saints who is the boss again)
8-8 will not do it for them, they need the help from losses or other NFC divisions, CAR owns NFC EAST. Period.
I agree that the Saints got some extra attention last year because of Katrina. But WTF does Katrina have to do with the way they played on the field? Reggie Bush isn't the only quality player on the team, and I think they showed that they're for real. BTW, Carolina is NOT in the NFC East. They're in the NFC South. Period.
Old 09-11-2007 | 03:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NOVAE60' post='468176' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:16 PM
If they keep passing like they did, they are not gonna do it. Most of teams they will play are air-it-out team too, and Drew Brees is not gonna out throw them. They need to establish running game and utilize Reggie Bush ability or they will lose in shoot out games like what you saw in Indy game. They are in need of a wide receiver, a good one whom Drew can throw the ball to. The best they will do is 9-7 if not an 8-8 ending. TEN will crush them at home, you will be cussing on the way to your work and wonder why and how that happen. 2 more weeks, and the Saints fans will swear they will never move the Tennessee. And the Titans will laugh their way to the charter. If you dont beleive me, wait 2 more weeks.
I don't know where you get your info from, but its wrong.

You say "Drew Brees is not gonna out throw them". Well thats funny Brees lead the NFL in passing yards last season (4418yds), yes thats more than Peyton. He was 3rd in TDs and QB rating. He was also 2nd in votes last year for the MVP.

They have a great reciever in Marqes Colston, had one of the best rookie years at WR in NFL history.

Finally, their running game will be just fine. The best backfield in the NFL Deuce McAllister(Thunder) and Reggie Bush(Lighting).

Every NFL analyst I have seen has picked the Saints hands down to win the NFC South.

You say Tennessee will crush them at home, I will take that bet how about a $1000. You in? Talk about someone who can't pass, Vince Young he can't throw worth a damn. He was 30th in the NFL last year in QB rating, yep thats 3 from the bottom. He is just another M. Vick (running QB who can't throw the ball). Vince actually has only half the running talent of Vick, not even close.
Old 09-11-2007 | 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

What does everyone think of the Patriots "cheating" deal? Looks like some sort of punishment is coming by the end of the week.

It'll be interesting to see if their play on the field is diminished now that they got caught...
Old 09-11-2007 | 07:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by NOVAE60' post='468141' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah, the Saints. Last year TV showed and praised the Saints because why? Katrina Recovery in New Orleans, They want to promote businesses, the more you appear on TV the more attention you get, hence more business to the area therefore will help Katrina Recovery. Reggie Bush might be a good player, but the Saints? Hmm, maybe not a good team. NFC is packed of good teams, they better do more than what they did last year to even get in playoff this year, because why? Katrina Recovery Program faded, they will face their own true souls. Here is the predics what happened to the Saints according to their schedule.
@IND LOSE
@TB WIN (close game)
TEN LOSE (you wll be surprised why)
CAR LOSE
@SEA LOSE
ATL WIN
SF WIN
JACK WIN (smack JACK around for sure)
STL WIN
HOU WIN
CAR LOSE (again)
TB WIN (easy)
@ATL LOSE (payback)
ARI WIN
PHI LOSE (McNabb will beat the Saints by 7)
@CHI LOSE (Grossman showed the Saints who is the boss again)
8-8 will not do it for them, they need the help from losses or other NFC divisions, CAR owns NFC EAST. Period.
The NFC is packed with good teams? Name two? The AFC is much stronger
Old 09-12-2007 | 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='468576
The NFC is packed with good teams? Name two? The AFC is much stronger
I could name two...

You're right: AFC is much stronger! As my friend with the Raiders keeps telling me: AFC RULEZ!

My thoughts and prayers are with Kevin Everett and his family. I hope he gets well and can walk again.
Old 09-12-2007 | 11:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Sport package, Premium package, Xenon 2002 BMW X5 3.0 Modded to X5 4.6is (4.6is body kits, exhaust) Premium pkg., cold weather pkg. rear climate pkg., Xenon headlights, clear all around.

first i didn't talk about AFC vs. NFC, i was talking about how difficult it is for the saints to make playoff in NFC, got that? of course the AFC is much much stronger than NFC, everyone knows that. AFC has been dominating the league in recent years.

second, you dont think katrina recovery and game results are actually related? by that, i know you dont even think the point spreads in vegas and the game results are related either. you are so wrong. i know you watch football and basket ball the way you think it is. it is not.

third, i love the saints but about the team and drew brees thing, uh uh, thats all katrina recovery program that helps. you have to watch sport in 2 or 3 different perspective: competition, bussiness and gambling too. trust me, the most sports that involve those 3 are NBA and NFL.
Old 09-16-2007 | 09:23 PM
Members

I am not gonna lie to ya about After Katrina Recovery in New Orleans that helped the team. IT FADED, now they suck again. Trust me on this.
Old 09-24-2007 | 07:42 PM
Members

Yall, just dont get it right? Told you about Katrina and The Saints. Also told you about TEN crushing Saints. 2 WEEKS AGO. Maybe you guys just watch football the way you think it is. No its not. Take this formula Football = Business + Competition + Gamble. Then you will understand why your Saints got crushed by the TEN. Look at the spread -3.5 -4 -4.5 -5 it makes everybody thinks the Saints will get this under control. Guess what, they got crushed. You must watch football games at different angle then you understand.

Quick Reply: NFL