Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

New York Trip Aug 13-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 BMW 530i

Hey everyone. I will be in NY this week from Fri-Sun

I live in Dallas, TX... My cousin is flying in from California on Thursday afternoon. We are planning on leaving Dallas around 7ish PM on thurs. and as planned, we should be in NY on Friday Night around 9ish. Only stopping for food and gas (2 drivers)

I originally planned on flying there but my cousin is wanting to drive there... I chose last time when we went on a trip with our girlfriends so it's kind of like his turn to choose. And this time the Girlfriends are not coming along as there are so many beautiful girls in NY (I hope the GF doesn't read this post )

* I been to NY 3 times before to visit my ex-GF but I never had a chance to go into the city and to all the tourist places... I know we have many NY members on this board, any suggestions? I know I will be visiting the Statue of Liberty...

I have been googling online about club parties and have found a few... Any other known party spots?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by sjzking408' post='973351' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:38 AM

I live in Dallas, TX... My cousin is flying in from California on Thursday afternoon. We are planning on leaving Dallas around 7ish PM on thurs. and as planned, we should be in NY on Friday Night around 9ish. Only stopping for food and gas (2 drivers)

I originally planned on flying there but my cousin is wanting to drive there... I chose last time when we went on a trip with our girlfriends so it's kind of like his turn to choose. And this time the Girlfriends are not coming along as there are so many beautiful girls in NY (I hope the GF doesn't read this post )

* I been to NY 3 times before to visit my ex-GF but I never had a chance to go into the city and to all the tourist places... I know we have many NY members on this board, any suggestions? I know I will be visiting the Statue of Liberty...

I have been googling online about club parties and have found a few... Any other known party spots?
head to the meatpacking district.. you can pick and choose where you want to eat and party.. youll see so many places and crowds of people your eyes will spin.. you can also head up to chelsea and there are alot of clubs there as well.. upper east side.. lower east side has some cool bars too.. just walk. its the city.. you cant go wrong
Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by sjzking408' post='973351' date='Aug 12 2009, 02:38 AM

@melimel Thanks!!! I will definately go around all over the place, upper east side, etc. Can't wait until Friday!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Contributors

i have driven dallas to NY before... ugh. good luck.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

not to put a damper on your party but summer time is the worst time of year to come to NYC...the weather is horrendous and most people head out of the city on weekends...hmmm, but since youre from dallas maybe youre used to 92 degrees and humid is to too late to head to vegas instead? LOL

i just came back from 2 weeks vaca in europe, and im already dying here!!!!

BUT if you insist on coming, check out meatpacking district or the area around west 27th/11th avenue for clubs (warning; not easy to get into, but since lots of people leave the city it should be easier). check out the rooftop bars (if its not raining) of the gansevort hotel, hudson hotel, and 230 Fifth....also the hustler club has a rooftop bar...or so im told

i dont know much about tourist spots, ive lived here all my life and have never been to the empire state building

if u tell us your age and what kind of scene youre into, we can probably help more.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by pipper' post='974119' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:09 PM
not to put a damper on your party but summer time is the worst time of year to come to NYC...the weather is horrendous and most people head out of the city on weekends...hmmm, but since youre from dallas maybe youre used to 92 degrees and humid is to too late to head to vegas instead? LOL
Right on the money. I hated the last time I was there during the summer. I despised the subways or walking and insisted on cabbing it. It doesn't matter if you're from TX -- it is killer heat. If it's not too late, bump your trip later in the year when the weather gets cooler. If so, have a great time, I'm sure our NY members will pipe in ... C! where are you?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

If you want a killer view of the Harbor, stop by my office. I'm on the 39th floor on a high rise office tower at the tip of Manhattan and have an unobstructed view of the harbor, Statue of Liberty and Governor's Island. If interested, PM me. I really enjoy meeting members so if you are interested, we can do lunch in the financial district.

I also have a ton of restauraunt recommendations. If interested, PM me.

You'll love your visit to NYC. It is a fantastic place to visit as a tourist. It's safe and there is sooo much to do. I just despise the winters.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='974269' date='Aug 12 2009, 06:17 PM
If you want a killer view of the Harbor, stop by my office. I'm on the 39th floor on a high rise office tower at the tip of Manhattan and have an unobstructed view of the harbor, Statue of Liberty and Governor's Island. If interested, PM me. I really enjoy meeting members so if you are interested, we can do lunch in the financial district.

I also have a ton of restauraunt recommendations. If interested, PM me.

You'll love your visit to NYC. It is a fantastic place to visit as a tourist. It's safe and there is sooo much to do. I just despise the winters.
that office sounds awesome. i am a member over at skyscrapercity.com, i never post there, but i am fascinated with views/skylines/tall buildings. the tallest building in tampa is only 39 stories tall. i might be moving into a 26th floor apartment in a brand new building in DEC.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='974304' date='Aug 12 2009, 06:45 PM
that office sounds awesome. i am a member over at skyscrapercity.com, i never post there, but i am fascinated with views/skylines/tall buildings. the tallest building in tampa is only 39 stories tall. i might be moving into a 26th floor apartment in a brand new building in DEC.
I too have always been fascinated by skycrapers. One of the highlights (to me) of my vacation to China in March-April was going to the top of the Shanghai World Financial Center -- currently the highest observation deck in the world at over 1,600 feet. The view (despite the omnipresent smog in Shanghai) was mind-blowing.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='974308' date='Aug 12 2009, 06:49 PM
I too have always been fascinated by skycrapers. One of the highlights (to me) of my vacation to China in March-April was going to the top of the Shanghai World Financial Center -- currently the highest observation deck in the world at over 1,600 feet. The view (despite the omnipresent smog in Shanghai) was mind-blowing.
i have hiked a bunch of mountians in NY, some werent that high... in the catskills i hiked slide, whittenburg-cornell, and some other one. i cheated and drove up mt washington in the adirondaks.

i have been skiing at a few different places, vernon valley in NJ which was the worst. i dont think that mountian was 1600 feet high

oh yeah, i think "whiteface" was another in hiked in NY

Quick Reply: New York Trip Aug 13-17