Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

New Paypal Policy

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011 | 07:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Have you guys seen the email about the new Paypal policy rolling out November 4th? If I'm a seller and get a payment, I will not be able to access that money for 21 days. Its absolutely ridiculous, and paypal is making intrested off this cash held.

A ton of pissed sellers over here...
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...14220/page/481
Old 10-07-2011 | 07:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi

PayPal is the king of pulling stupid stunts like that. PayPal is not your pal.

I've been using Google Checkout whenever possible. But most places still insist on PayPal =\
Old 10-07-2011 | 07:32 AM
Contributors

Exactly, I would love to use google checkout for everything but I sell stuff on ebay and other places, and everyone defaults to paypal.
Old 10-07-2011 | 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

That's crap.
Old 10-07-2011 | 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

https://cms.paypal.c...aypal_holds_faq

"When some sellers receive payments, we may hold the money in a pending balance for up to 21 days to help make sure that there are funds in the seller's account to cover potential refunds or claims. The funds may be released early if PayPal determines that the transaction has been fulfilled and customers are satisfied.

While funds are pending, the money belongs to you but isn't available to spend or withdraw.

If payments on your account are held, we'll notify you. PayPal will re-evaluate your account every 35 days and decide whether or not to continue holding payments. If we decide to stop holding future payments, we'll contact you."

seems like the reasoning is "fair"...although I could see how it can be an inconvenience to a lot of sellers...
Old 10-07-2011 | 08:50 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

sucks, but seems like once transaction is fulfilled, then you get your money.but seems like they will only do it when theirs a situation? either way, its not good when your a seller and want that money asap. we could always go back to the old days of money orders lol oh the memories of middle school and selling/buying using money orders.
Old 10-07-2011 | 09:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Whoa, I can't imagine them doing this for every transaction. Would really hurt their business, and basically drive people away.
Old 11-10-2011 | 06:10 AM
Contributors

Well looks like it went into effect already. Sold a item on ebay the other day, now my payment is being held until December 1st, while Paypal is making intrest off it
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 11-10-2011 | 07:46 AM
Contributors

Wow that is sad. Hate to see PayPal do stuff like this and always get away with it.
Old 11-10-2011 | 11:48 PM
Contributors

Try looking at it from the buyer's point of view. If you get conned by a dodgy seller on ebay, you'd be wanting PayPal to be refunding your payment. It's one of the attractions of PayPal.

Then there's looking at it from PayPal's point of view. If a fly-by-night seller came along, fake-sold a large amount of stuff on ebay, then takes all the money out of paypal and does a runner. There's then loads of refund claims coming into PayPal by the people who got ripped off and all the money's gone. Paypal would have to cover all those losses themselves. That would then hit the bottom line and force them to raise charges, which affects everyone.

Is it so important to be able to withdraw the money quickly? It's yours, it's just there in case your buyer needs refunding.

I personally love PayPal, but then I've only ever used it as a buyer. I avoid Google checkout as much as possible, which is quite annoying when it comes to the Android market. I think Google are great in terms of their offerings, but I certainly wouldn't want to be giving them my name, address, and credit card information. Nightmare.

Quick Reply: New Paypal Policy