Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

New lil wayne song

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I like alot of genres of music, and been listening to hip hop for a while. Light thanks for that link, cool song. Lupe Fiasco can flow also, another good artist.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='663939' date='Sep 7 2008, 10:29 AM

Lil Wayne's Album is fire tho..."Got Money" and "A milli" get heavy play on my Ipod. T.I. and Young Jeezy albums are going to be sick, don't sleep on those tex_phil...
I don't know man. I think Lil Wayne's album didn't live up to the hype. A little too commercial. The Game's album on the other hand is great. I grew up listening to 90's rap, so it has never been the same. 99% of the stuff out now is crap.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='663988
I grew up listening to 90's rap, so it has never been the same. 99% of the stuff out now is crap.
+1 I grew up listening to it as well. I think your percentage is a bit low.

Check out Atmosphere from Minneapolis, albums are articulate and original...it even has lyrics!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLxuyV9qz8
One of my favorites...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QT97KZ8UBzc&feature=related
Old 09-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='664325' date='Sep 7 2008, 10:41 PM
please explain...
horrible beat, its always repetitive and somewhat unoriginal, and then theres that whole weird voice thing he does, hes about as lyrical as a shel silverstien poem, hes a SELLOUT has no integrity as a music producer, makes way too many tracks (ill admit theres a few good ones but the bad ones just ruin his name) hyped the whole dress like cotton candy thing, and just changed the name of hip hop into joke, i still listen to 90's stuff just because that was the prime, underground stuff is tight, but im tired of hearing "a milli" a thousand times in one song over and over on the radio

but of course the BIGGEST killer of hiphop was soulja boy....

im just waiting for dr dre's detox to release and save the day
Old 09-08-2008, 04:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='664468' date='Sep 8 2008, 03:41 AM
horrible beat, its always repetitive and somewhat unoriginal, and then theres that whole weird voice thing he does, hes about as lyrical as a shel silverstien poem, hes a SELLOUT has no integrity as a music producer, makes way too many tracks (ill admit theres a few good ones but the bad ones just ruin his name) hyped the whole dress like cotton candy thing, and just changed the name of hip hop into joke, i still listen to 90's stuff just because that was the prime, underground stuff is tight, but im tired of hearing "a milli" a thousand times in one song over and over on the radio

horrible beat?? are you serious? look how many artists remixed it.. its sick.. maybe overplayed yes.. but its crazy.. IMO..

and soulja boy?? ugh.. im speechless on that one..

yea maybe lil wayne makes alot of music.. is on EVERYONES album. and sometimes im tired of hearing him EVERYWHERE.. BUT hes making money with the skills hes got. people like him, artists and fans and thats it.. to each his own..i dont like every song of his.. but he does have his own style.. sound.. etc.. and thats more i can say for alot of other rappers out there..

and i think dre's album keeps getting pushed back.. my husband is a big NWA fan.. loved Easy E...lol.. funny lil guy.. Dre.. etc...Snoop..lol..hes waiting for that to come out too
Old 09-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='664387' date='Sep 8 2008, 01:14 AM
I am so sick and tired of every song these days using ripped off synthesized Zapp & Roger "Computer Love" vocals. Seriously, do something original!! :thumbsdown:

+1 I grew up listening to it as well. I think your percentage is a bit low.

Check out something original, Atmosphere from Minneapolis, albums are articulate and original...it even has lyrics!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLxuyV9qz8
kinda reminded me of the chilli peppers.. maybe the sound..? cool
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Contributors

MY LIFE!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

yup this song is sick i just copped LAX on saturday i been banging it since i got it very good album once again by GAME!!!

next on my list is Ice Cube
Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='664318' date='Sep 7 2008, 08:35 PM
lil wayne killed hiphop...

all westcoasters know that
nahhh i dont think so he is the only one putting out decent music. he is not my fav but his musci gets me pumped up...michael phelps won 8 gold medals listening to the man so i will tooo hahah jk!!

ppl like flo Ridah, souljaboi killed hip hop nad i dont care if they had #1 singles word to kanye!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='664468' date='Sep 8 2008, 12:41 AM

lol keep waiting on dre's album we all know how he likes to keep us in suspence...ITS GETTING OLD now , but his mixtape was FIRE!

Quick Reply: New lil wayne song