Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

New Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Three 30-Second Spots Highlight BMW?s Full Maintenance Program, Residual Value and Safety

Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? August 6, 2004? BMW today announced three new 30-second spots that will air on NBC on August 13th, during the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. The spots, created by Fallon Minneapolis, will highlight three characteristics that underscore the value of owning a BMW, namely the Full Maintenance Program, the strong residual value of a BMW, and BMW?s inherent safety.

"We are excited that our new BMW spots are making their debut during the Opening Ceremonies of the Summer Olympics," said Jim McDowell, Vice President, Marketing, BMW of North America LLC "Just as the Olympics recognize and celebrate excellence among athletes from around the world, many of the same values go into the making of our vehicles - precision engineering, grace under pressure and the ability to go the distance."

Each of the three spots features drivers, and highlights their love of the brand using real life emotions in a unique, and often surprising way, that brings home the message that BMW delivers on maintenance, residual value and safety. The spots can be viewed at http://extranet.fallonet.com user name: bmwmedia; password: bmwmedia and include:

Tow Truck: A tow truck and car are pulled over to the side of the road, emergency lights flashing, in a downpour. The tow truck driver gets out and runs back to the car and a voice says, "Hey, what's the problem?" another says, "I don't know. It just died on me." And the first voice says, "Let's get you into town." The tow truck driver then jumps in the back seat, and the car pulls away, showing it's a BMW. A voiceover reads, "If only every vehicle had a maintenance program as good as BMW's" as a list of maintenance features appear on the screen one by one (Brake Pads, Brake Rotors, Engine Belts, Oil Changes, Wiper Blades, Inspections, 4 Years/50,000 Miles), each with $0 next to it.

Farmer: A farmer opens a barn door and reveals to a younger man an old BMW, covered in dust, with a chicken on the hood. The younger man's jaw drops and he immediately begins writing out a check. When the farmer sees the amount, he says, "Holy." It then cuts to a shot of a shiny, new BMW racing on the road and reveals it's the Farmer in the driver's seat. The voiceover states, "No luxury brand holds its value better than BMW."

Waxing: A man is meticulously waxing his BMW in his driveway. The idyllic setting takes an unexpected turn when it is revealed that the front end of the car is seriously damaged. Nevertheless, the owner continues to take care of that which obviously took care of him. The voiceover then says, "How would you show devotion to the one who may have saved your life?" Please note that the 5 Series used in this spot is the actual vehicle tested by the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) in their offset crash test, further underscoring BMW?s emphasis on safety.

Following their debut on NBC during the Olympics? Opening Ceremonies, the spots will air nationally on network and cable channels including Bravo, CNBC and USA Networks for the duration of the Games. The spots will appear throughout the day including during morning shows such as, ?The Today Show? and prime time programs. In addition, BMW is producing a parallel ad campaign for Spanish language television, which will air on Telemundo.

"Each of these commercials takes a subtle twist to reveal features that people might not know about or expect from BMW," said Bruce Bildsten, creative director at Fallon Minneapolis. "They're simple, human stories that make you smile, yet they're still unmistakably BMW."
Old 08-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

cool. i guess i'll have to log in when i get home.....

not allowed to watch movies at work.. grrr
Old 08-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I can't find the "waxing" commercial...
Old 08-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I'm downloading now.. They aren't very big are they???
Old 08-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I like the towtruck movie the best.. It really made me wonder if bmw were idiots showing a died E60....
Old 08-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Ya.. me too, that's what I first thought. LOL.

I'll putup the commercial in the commercials section. The waxing commercial is not there but you can see pictures from it. Some guy is waxing his E60 but the front end is all destroyed after an accident. He still continues to wax it though...
Old 08-11-2004, 03:44 PM
JDN
Contributors

Really good stuff fellows. Thanks Member 545.