Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

New Camera

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Well I decided to go out and buy a new camera. It's the Canon EOS 450D SLR. And it's pretty damn good! I am by no means a "wiz" on photography, but that's why I bought this camera!! Want to gain some knowledge and skills!! Anyway! I decided to try it out the evening I got it, and at about midnight when I had finished all my emails etc I went out and took some photo's of my car, and where I live etc. Hope you like! Not quite sure they're screensaver quality, but maybe in time!

My car:

Old 05-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

My car and home

Sandbanks (where I live in the UK) Some of you may have heard of it. It's the second, IIRC, largest natural harbour in the world. And a pretty nice and exclusive place to live. I don't think I will ever move!:

Old 05-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Kewl pics ... tkx for sharing
Old 05-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Contributors

Very nice pics
Old 05-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i Space Gray/ Black Dakota Leather interior with SMG, Sports Package+ Paddle Shifters, HUD, NAV, Premium Package, Multi-Contour Seats, Xenons , Logic 7.

Nice pics...
Old 05-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Thanks guys! Hoping to get a little more accustomed to the camera, and make use of it properly!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jon M5
Thanks guys! Hoping to get a little more accustomed to the camera, and make use of it properly!
Nice car, and pictures!

Love the quote in your signature about the British economy. With who did that quote originate?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

great pics Jon, congrats on the new camera, I just picked up an SLR as well

Nice looking "flat" you have there as well, very modern looking
Old 05-27-2010, 06:09 AM
Contributors

Nice pics, brings back memories of the early 90s when I lived near Sandbanks too (just up the hill about half a mile away). I almost bought a house on Sandbanks for 400k that would be worth about 5 or 6 million now. Regrets? Oh yeah, a few

Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

Thanks guys!!

Gene - Thanks bro! Enjoy your new camera too!! That is actually a house bro! The flat you're maybe thinking of is on the market, and I have moved into my new place. Which is the one in these photo's

DD_545i - Wow!! Didn't think too many of you would have heard about Sandbanks, let alone have pictures!! Haha!! I take it you lived on Evening Hill then near Lilliput? That's the known "hill" around here... Or was it up towards Canford Cliffs/Branksome Park way? Tidy looking old school Supra too!! As for the property prices... Yeah!! They're soaring sky high. It's sadly a VERY expensive place to buy... But worth every penny IMO. I also know that my house is going to appreciate in value quite a lot, so in a few years, it will be a good investment! As soon as the property market picks up again at least!

NYC530xi - Thanks bro! As for the quote. I honestly can not remember I'm racking my brain trying to think!! I have a feeling it was actually a friends status on Facebook and I took it from there. I can't remember for sure though!!