Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Needing Vent..Sorry

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i all options except, nav abd HUD

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Sep 29 2004, 12:07 PM
how many of the 20,000 figure are truly innocent civilians as you imply vs. soldiers, insurgents foreign fighters.? We don't know.? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of any war, but the point of the thread was how some things have been/are being misrepresented in the press.
[snapback]39312[/snapback]
Ok, break it down real simple......now at the Abu Grhaib prison "scandal" the Muslim and Islamic men through a tissy fit because of the photos and sexual "torture" that they were subjected to. This was blown WAY out of proportion as to the severity of the problem. We did not KILL, MAIM, MANGLE or RAPE any of the prisoners. This made headlines for several WEEKS. The most voistrous of the group were the Islamic Fundlementalists. Remember Nick Berg? Beheaded in retaliation, and in some peoples mind they were justified in commiting that MURDER. Mind you this was in the news HEADLINES for weeks on end everyday Abu Grhaib this and Abu Grhaib that. Now last month AlQaida operatives (Islamic Fundlementalists) were directly and in-directly responsible for the sensless deaths of over 300 INNOCENT cilivians in Breslin, Russia over half were CHILDREN 10 years old and younger. This made headlines the day of and the day after the massacre. Haven't heard shit else about it have you....those Islamic Fundlementalists didn't have shit to say about that now did they.

Now...if you as an innocent civilian are living in an area of Bahgdad where it is a well know insurgent "hardstand" and you choose to stay there...I say you are RETARDED. If you KNOW that U.S. warplanes hit the same freaking neighborhoods day after day after day and you are an innocent civilian and choose to stay there...once again you are RETARDED. These lives don't have to be lost...the children don't have to die. The parents that choose to stay in that enviroment are to blame.

Two weeks ago there was another big blow out story of how a U.S. Apache gunship opened fire on a crowd of "innocent" civilians that were demonstrating in the street. Now what you don't know is that a Bradly Fighting Vehicle had become "disabled' in the street do to a RPG fired from an insurgent. The crew called in for assistance because a crowd of "innocent" civilians was over taking the disabled vehicle. Throwing Molitov Cocktails, bricks, sticks and what not. In the R.O.E (Rules of Engagement) it says that in order to protect U.S. property from theft, vandalism, sabotage and the threat of immenent danger to life limb or eyesight.....DEADLY FORCE IS AUTHORIZED. You are NO LONGER an INNOCENT civilian when you are in a street circled around a "war machine" hitting it it with a stick....you have now become a COMBATANT and will and should be dealt with accordingly. Our media SUX
Old 09-30-2004, 02:37 AM
Contributors

Breathe toolfan, breathe..

Going anywhere nice on holiday this year?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i all options except, nav abd HUD

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Sep 30 2004, 04:37 AM
Breathe toolfan, breathe..

Going anywhere nice on holiday this year?
[snapback]39647[/snapback]

I am breathi'n Brother...just saying what no one else wants to. As far vacationing....nah I will stay in Germany this year. I went to Crete, Greece already this summer, so I have had my fun.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Contributors

You are truly venting.

Not that I am disagreeing with you at all.

I have never been so close to combat and hope I never am (USAF) but from where I have been it has never been a piece of cake over there. Not everyone is Innocent, that is for sure.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

tool fan,
!

You are absolutely right!!
Old 10-02-2004, 02:37 AM
Contributors

Remember bad news sells! I just wish the media would go on a binge and show all of the construction and rehab our forces have done while they have been there. Or, the school supplies the DoDDS schools have sent through the Units working and fighting there. Not to mention all of the stuff spouses send and our Forces just hand out. I was once told victors write history. It appears as if we have let the media take that responsibility and the world is eating it up.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:32 AM
Senior Members

There is no end in sight for the US involvement in IRAQ.
It's another Vietnam.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Oct 2 2004, 02:32 PM
It's another Vietnam.
[snapback]40435[/snapback]
Definately NOT!
Old 10-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Hardly another Vietnam. We have already pulled troops from th area. We are not consistantly sending troops over in numbers of Vietnam. Iraq is in Recontruction rightnow and as soon as Iraq has enough biult troops to take care of themselves we will be out of there. How long were we in Germany and still are (but for different reasons)? How much food and aid did we have to supply to Europe ecspecially Berlin? Tons beyond tons. Iraq has been rebuilt quicker than any other period and still prospers even with the vioence today. Once we leave it may calm down and they all may be glad we left but at the same time your run the risk of another vietnam if we left now. How long did it take North vietnam to come down. Not long at all. We need to stay there and secure the country until it has grown enough.

If you put all the violence that happens in America on one news channel it would never shut up. We have continued violence that is too large to diplay to the people of America becuase it covers a large ground.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I really hope and believe that Kigerka's remarks will come true. Let's all pray that it is all gonna be arranged soon and we can leave that hole in the dessert asap.