Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Needing Vent..Sorry

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 06:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i all options except, nav abd HUD
Smile

I must really say that I am getting SICK and TIRED of hearing and reading about how a U.S. Bomb was dropped on a insurgent house killing a child or an old woman, and the insinuation is that the U.S. Infidels are war hungry, baby killing, death loving, innocent people killing animals. Yet when some asshole straps 100 kilos worth of explosives to his ass and walks into a public market and detonates himself killing 80 people (civilians)and wounding 300 some how it is not viewed in the same light. Somehow that is not as bad. I cannot comprehend what the message the media is trying to present to me. Another thing, the media jumps ALL OVER this RUMOR that we were going to release this female prisoner in a bid to save this Brits life, thus negating the U.S. and British policy of NO NEGOTIATIONS with "Terror" groups. Now Biglys family (God be with them at this desparate time) feels that it is the U.S.'s fault for sabotaging the release negotiations. I would want my Father back also, but don't people realize that the release of one prisoner at the demands of a terrorist would only bring about the the kiddnappings of 100s of more people? Sorry I know this is a shitty subject but I just needed to vent.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I think any innocent victim in a terrorist action or a war is 1 to many. We all know that in wars people get killed also innocent ones. If a war helps the people in a certain country to get a better life without a dictator that is a good cause to go in and help them. But if loads and loads of peoples lives are ruined (also lives in America from parents with killed children, women and kids who lost their husbands and fathers) to persue this we should all wonder if a war is sensible.

I'm having mixed feelings about Iraq. I do believe in the end with a democracy the country is much better off then it was. But if you look at the current situation we must all wonder why people, who are being freed by soldiers who risque their lives for them, are trying to kill the same soldiers. Strangely the media does not show or tell us if this is a small group of terrorist trying to do this or if most of the community would rather see us leave. If that is the case I would pack everything up and let them find out on their own how to run a country. So many young americans are giving their lives for people who they don't know. We must never forget that. In the end the same americans saved our butts in World War 2 and I am very happy they did.

I just hope the idea behind the war is mostly about helping people out of a dictatorship and in a smaller way about oil ar natural resources. And I really hope this sh*t will be over as soon as possible with the least amount in loss of life.

Tool fan, good vent and I'm happy to hear other sides of this sad story.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 24 2004, 05:20 PM
Strangely the media does not show or tell us if this is a small group of terrorist trying to do this or if most of the community would rather see us leave.
[snapback]37768[/snapback]
I am sure it is just a small group.
The media is only showing the bad things, so there can't be that many. If the majority would be against the soldiers helping them, then there would be more bombings and killings, so the news would be full of it. but now, I have the feeling it is just a very small group, not the majority!

Originally Posted by tool fan' date='Sep 24 2004, 04:09 PM
but don't people realize that the release of one prisoner at the demands of a terrorist would only bring about the the kiddnappings of 100s of more people?
Good point!
That's exactly how I see it.
We can't negotiate with terrorists!

There is one thing I found very interesting.
When the war against terror started in Afghanistan, the media also said that hundreds of innocent civillians were killed. They showed pictures of the sites where it happened...
The pics showed destroyed homes with colour satellite TV, computers/laptops, fridges, A/C and microwaves... Those homes were in the middle of nowhere...
Now... where is taht money coming from...? Maybe those homes were used by terrorists... Everybody else who has money would live in the big citys or leave the country... probably... we don't know... but we do know, that pictures are not allways showing the truth!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Exactly. The media tends to only show them what is best in their interest. Fahrenheit 9/11 (another thread is about that film) showed something completely different and was a big exageration (I hope I used the correct word). European and American CNN also send completely different reports about the war. Only the people there know what really is happening.

And I am really happy I don't have to be there.. I wouldn't be brave enough.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

It has clearly gotten worse since, but my dad spent 6 months in Iraq right after Saddam fell, and I can tell you he was amazed at the spin that the media would put on things. On multiple occassions he would drive by some protest or former soldiers lined up outside the old military ministry looking for pay checks, only to see the gathering reported on CNN or the BBC as a protest of "thousands". You could literally count the people standing there and yet that is not how it was shown in the media.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Isn't it the truth. It only gets worse and on AFN they try to provide us with "The rest of the story". You would think some one would go out there and say "This is the good out of this" I think it would really out weigh the bad.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i all options except, nav abd HUD

[B]Iraqi security forces arrested a suspected terrorist operating on Baghdad's blood-soaked Haifa street, cornering him Wednesday in a closet as he disguised himself with his wife's underwear, an Iraqi commander said. [/B]

Look Abu Graihb wasn't so bad. These terrorists like to cross dress any way. This is the funniest thing I have read all month. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAx's 2 million
Old 09-29-2004, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Just for the record, over 20,000 Iraqi people have been killed by our bombing.
Collateral damage.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Sep 29 2004, 04:32 PM
Just for the record, over 20,000 Iraqi people have been killed by our bombing.
Collateral damage.
[snapback]39241[/snapback]
20,000 is a lot but have you thought about WW1-Vietnam. 20,000 is nothing compared to those numbers
Old 09-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

how many of the 20,000 figure are truly innocent civilians as you imply vs. soldiers, insurgents foreign fighters. We don't know. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of any war, but the point of the thread was how some things have been/are being misrepresented in the press.

Quick Reply: Needing Vent..Sorry