Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Need to vent....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by mbp727' post='1018113' date='Sep 26 2009, 10:23 PM
haha thanks. that was back in the day when I wanted to be in the military and nothing else. Too many action movies!

Still I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall when your mom opened the dooor and the huge recruiter walks in - HYSTERICAL. Her first thought must've been: "but he's only 6!!!!"
Old 09-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha funny story ^^

DONE with AP Bio..... econ up next
Old 09-27-2009, 04:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1018125' date='Sep 27 2009, 01:55 AM
Hahaha funny story ^^

DONE with AP Bio..... econ up next
Congrats Marc. I feel your pain. I was up until about 2am entering my time for last week for work. Most of our clients require us to bill for every separate task we do and every separate email, phone or communication that we have. So that means, sometimes, several hundred time entries just for one week. Not one of the fun parts of the job but you gotta do it and do it accurately.

Now go ace econ.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

I did the minimum necessary to get thru high school. Decent grades where good enough. I did work at it when needed in college, at least in my major and now have a good paying job to show for it and can get all of the things I want.

My sister is the one in my family I admire. Married at 18, while raising 2 children she took 8 years to get her B.S. but still managed a 3.9 GPA (got a B in Phys Ed). Then after loosing her son in an accident, and a divorce, she went to Med School. Even as a single mon raising a 6 year old, she graduated near the top of her class and scored in the top 5% in the country on a standardized test! Then of course there where years of internship, residency, and 100 hour work weeks. She now has her own family practice but still probably puts in 80 hour weeks.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1018208' date='Sep 27 2009, 08:02 AM
Congrats Marc. I feel your pain. I was up until about 2am entering my time for last week for work. Most of our clients require us to bill for every separate task we do and every separate email, phone or communication that we have. So that means, sometimes, several hundred time entries just for one week. Not one of the fun parts of the job but you gotta do it and do it accurately.

Now go ace econ.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='1018211' date='Sep 27 2009, 08:37 AM
I did the minimum necessary to get thru high school. Decent grades where good enough. I did work at it when needed in college, at least in my major and now have a good paying job to show for it and can get all of the things I want.

My sister is the one in my family I admire. Married at 18, while raising 2 children she took 8 years to get her B.S. but still managed a 3.9 GPA (got a B in Phys Ed). Then after loosing her son in an accident, and a divorce, she went to Med School. Even as a single mon raising a 6 year old, she graduated near the top of her class and scored in the top 5% in the country on a standardized test! Then of course there where years of internship, residency, and 100 hour work weeks. She now has her own family practice but still probably puts in 80 hour weeks.
Wow! Your sister should be very proud of herself! That's pretty tough.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1018208
Still I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall when your mom opened the dooor and the huge recruiter walks in - HYSTERICAL. Her first thought must've been: "but he's only 6!!!!"

Yeah she said she was pretty shocked. But hey I got a bunch of key chains out of it. OH and 2 life size cut outs of a guy and girl in uniform. I'm still pissed to this day that I didn't get the "ARMY" shirt! That's almost the only reason why I called!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by mbp727' post='1018304' date='Sep 27 2009, 12:10 PM
I should tell my dad about your billing system! He's too nice and doesn't bill half the time. I hear about it from my mom every night on the dinner table.
It's not my billing system. It's what many insurance carriers and large corporate clients require -- or they will reject your bills. And one of the reasons that they require this is that many of the large clients then send the bill to legal auditors who will judge if you took too long to perform a specific task (and if so, they chop the bill). The funny part about it is that the typical legal bill auditor has zero experience in litigation and had zero knowledge of the substance of the matter on which they are auditing the bills. Many, if not most, are not lawyers. It's all a big, stupid game.

You cannot block bill all of your time for a client into one entry any more. Of course, the usual result of client requirements that lawyers bill each task sepately is lower billable hours and lower bills because many lawyers are lazy and don't want to have to bill every 6 or 10 minute call, conversation or email. If you do faithfully record every single task separately, you end up with several hundred time entries per week and that takes a long time to prepare.

It's no small wonder why many lawyers at law firms want to go in house and get away from having to bill hours and record their every move.

By the way, Richard, your sister is one hell of an inspiration and a testament to overcoming adversity. Mad respect for her.