Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Need help with insurance/registration NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I financed the e60 in my name, I have 90 tag on the car... I bought the car from ARIZONA

and I'm still waiting for the plates (its been more then a month)

here is the problem... when I financed the car, it need to be insured, so all my cars are insured in my dad's name, I faxed over the insurance card, and everything seem fine.

today I get a phone call from some lady saying my name has to be on the insurance card.

I told them the car should be registered in my dad's name and title should be issued in my name, she is tells me I cannot do this? I don't think she knows what she's talking about.. as two of my other cars are registered in my dad's and its titles in my name, there were also financed

maybe this is only allowed in the state of New York?

or am I totally f*cked?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ellicit' post='645133' date='Aug 12 2008, 06:10 PM
Ok I financed the e60 in my name, I have 90 tag on the car... I bought the car from ARIZONA

and I'm still waiting for the plates (its been more then a month)

here is the problem... when I financed the car, it need to be insured, so all my cars are insured in my dad's name, I faxed over the insurance card, and everything seem fine.

today I get a phone call from some lady saying my name has to be on the insurance card.

I told them the car should be registered in my dad's name and title should be issued in my name, she is tells me I cannot do this? I don't think she knows what she's talking about.. as two of my other cars are registered in my dad's and its titles in my name, there were also financed

maybe this is only allowed in the state of New York?

or am I totally f*cked?

JUst called DMV and this is allowed, I can have insurance/registration in my father's name, and have the car titled in my name.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Not sure, but yif you're from NY, you should come to the Bear Mtn meet with your new E60 on September 20th.