Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Near miss with dog on freeway!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Well I forgot to post this, but it happened about a week ago. I was on my way to work, and take I35 and then take the exit ramp to another freeway. I was on the entrance ramp getting on, and there are quite a few cars behind me, alot of traffic. Well the car in front of me starts slowing down a ton, and I see there is something in front of him. As I start to slow down and everyone behind me I see its a DOG! He had a collar and I believe a leash on! There are 2 lanes and I'm in the left and the guy in front slowed down and went around the dog because he wasn't moving. So then the dog is in front of me. I felt so extremely bad for the dog, being a huge animal lover. Without even thinking I get out of my car, the dog starts to come towards me, and I am trying to grab him. Well the dog freaks out because hes probably so scared and he runs in front of my car and into the right lane. Well what is there coming? A moving TRUCK! The guy is going 70, I am stopped in the left lane backing up traffic and had my hazards on. The dog SOMEHOW missing the truck and jumps out of the way. I don't think you could have gotten any closer to having his legs hit if hes a dog. At that point the dog is really freaked out now and goes over to the right out of the lanes where there is grass. I would have probably got hit by a car if I went into that right lane after the dog, there was nothing I could do but hope for the best that he would stay in the grass and be picked up and not be stupid enough to go in the lanes again. So I get in my car and head off, and about 100 feet ahead there is a lady pulled over and she is walking back to get the dog. Just wanted to share the story, I hope the little doggy is OK, he was rather cute.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='608793' date='Jun 23 2008, 11:48 PM
Well I forgot to post this, but it happened about a week ago. I was on my way to work, and take I35 and then take the exit ramp to another freeway. I was on the entrance ramp getting on, and there are quite a few cars behind me, alot of traffic. Well the car in front of me starts slowing down a ton, and I see there is something in front of him. As I start to slow down and everyone behind me I see its a DOG! He had a collar and I believe a leash on! There are 2 lanes and I'm in the left and the guy in front slowed down and went around the dog because he wasn't moving. So then the dog is in front of me. I felt so extremely bad for the dog, being a huge animal lover. Without even thinking I get out of my car, the dog starts to come towards me, and I am trying to grab him. Well the dog freaks out because hes probably so scared and he runs in front of my car and into the right lane. Well what is there coming? A moving TRUCK! The guy is going 70, I am stopped in the left lane backing up traffic and had my hazards on. The dog SOMEHOW missing the truck and jumps out of the way. I don't think you could have gotten any closer to having his legs hit if hes a dog. At that point the dog is really freaked out now and goes over to the right out of the lanes where there is grass. I would have probably got hit by a car if I went into that right lane after the dog, there was nothing I could do but hope for the best that he would stay in the grass and be picked up and not be stupid enough to go in the lanes again. So I get in my car and head off, and about 100 feet ahead there is a lady pulled over and she is walking back to get the dog. Just wanted to share the story, I hope the little doggy is OK, he was rather cute.
You've got heart Phil. Glad you're ok, and I hope for the best for that dog. I've stopped several times near and within our neighborhood for loose dogs with tags. Our black poodle use to get out of our yard, wandering out and about. Luckily he always made it back alive. We ended up giving him to my in-laws, where he does better a single dog.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

C'mon Frank!... You know you ended up cookin that poodle! dang flips always lookin to bbq something.... anything!! .... (relax animal lovers... I'm just kidding, well sort of)
Old 06-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Contributors

all of a sudden, i have the muchies!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by leggomysakyo' post='608863' date='Jun 24 2008, 01:17 AM
C'mon Frank!... You know you ended up cookin that poodle! dang flips always lookin to bbq something.... anything!! .... (relax animal lovers... I'm just kidding, well sort of)
So is that what the "e60 SoCal Potluck BBQ - Presented by e60 Pinoy's" was all about?
In the Philippines, someone would've "rescued" that dog with a quickness... pulutan pare JK.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='608873' date='Jun 23 2008, 11:30 PM
So is that what the "e60 SoCal Potluck BBQ - Presented by e60 Pinoy's" was all about?
In the Philippines, someone would've "rescued" that dog with a quickness... pulutan pare JK.
We hoping that if your came to Cali for our bbq, you woulda brought your poodle!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Contributors

brings a new meaning to.......HOT DOG!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Senior Members

you just like sticks in the @ss..........or umbrellas!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='608869' date='Jun 24 2008, 02:25 AM
lmao... ur sick
Old 06-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='608869' date='Jun 24 2008, 01:25 AM
Haha, thats gotta be one of the top smileys.

Quick Reply: Near miss with dog on freeway!