Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

My Other Obsessions: Online Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Confessions of a Nerd. I, like millions of other nerds worldwide love to indulge in the world of online gaming aka MMO's. Started back in 1997 with Ultima Online, graduated to Dark Age of Camelot, moved on to SWG, EQ2, FFXI, Shadowbane, WOW, EVE Online, Age of Conan, Warhammer, you name it I've played it!!!!! Maybe its my interest in computers / IT / Tech since I was a kid that naturally drew me into the world of Tolkien / SciFi and so on, or maybe its something else.

Anyone else share my passion for roleplaying games and online fun? Or is it just me and Mr. T? hehe
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Contributors

I was hooked playing Gunbound. That was back in the day. My friend got me hooked. Other than that, I don't play online games.

My friend tried to get me to play WOW.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:35 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

i've been playing starcraft 2 like mad ever since it came out last week; was in the beta from the start

the friend system is really nice I've talked to old friends with it and I play with some of my real life friends all the time -- it really amazes me on how these games bring people together.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I can't play games that doesn't seem to have an end. First, I know it'll suck the life outta ya, secondly, once you start, you somehow get addicted and attached that there's just no end of it. Lastly, I don't get the whole point of it.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Diablo 2 almost ruined my life, well, it partially did. Had a 3.9X unweighted GPA in high school until junior year when I got hooked and into the crapper my grades went.

I used to play SC and Counterstrike a lot also but no real MMOs. I tried playing WOW for a month but I didn't have the time to not be a noob.

But man, you've played 'em all, heck I don't even know some of those games you listed and I consider myself a closet nerd.

All I can say is... Diablo III FTMFW!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lim
i've been playing starcraft 2 like mad ever since it came out last week; was in the beta from the start

the friend system is really nice I've talked to old friends with it and I play with some of my real life friends all the time -- it really amazes me on how these games bring people together.
SC 2 is the shitz got tired of MW2 and BC2 then now playing SC2.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Contributors

Yep, recently got Stracraft II and love it (Proto 806)! I actually founded www.starcraft.org back in 97' with the original. Sold it in 99' for $8k. I was a youngin' though. Can't wait for DIII.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

We have a member on here that has a cousin that just married a top dog in Blizzard few weeks ago in Hawaii.

He was over this past weekend, and funnily, we were talking about this topic (being that my brother is a Blizzard fan), and my brother asked about Diablo III.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Yep, recently got Stracraft II and love it (Proto 806)! I actually founded www.starcraft.org back in 97' with the original. Sold it in 99' for $8k. I was a youngin' though. Can't wait for DIII.
Is Proto 806 your username for SC2 Howitzer?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Played a decent amount of COD MW but I haven't played in a good year......Don't see the point anymore...waste of time....

Quick Reply: My Other Obsessions: Online Games