Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Murder/Suicide here in Thousand Oaks...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I'm totally shocked right now, it's all over the local news about a murder/suicide out here in Thousand Oaks. A 12 year old boy, his 7 year old sister both killed by their father and then he killed himself. My children go to school with both of these unfortunate children. I'm glad they are sleeping right now, because tomorrow will be a terrible day when they find out that their schoolmates are gone at the hands of their own father.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

What does one even say to something like this... RIP

Puck, I hope they don't make too much of a circus of this in school where your children go and the pain won't be made worse by ignorant dumb-asses. Its not an easy thing to get through, but there is no choice but to deal with it. Maybe they'll cancel school for a day or two...
Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

horrible
Old 09-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Contributors

That's aweful, I dont live too far away from thousand oaks and I havent heard about it yet.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

It has been all over the local news, (2,4,5,7,11 etc.). I'm just shocked as we knew these kids!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Senior Members

Wow man, this is just shocking. Its like this type of crime is almost common. What is the world coming to, seriously.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1009920' date='Sep 17 2009, 09:12 AM
What does one even say to something like this... RIP

Puck, I hope they don't make too much of a circus of this in school where your children go \
Zero chance it won't be circus-like.

I'd be thinking of saying something like those kids father was a really bad man and didn't love his kids, all the while letting them know how much you love them. I'd be arranging lots of family days out and being as nice as pie. The last thing you want is them thinking "well, if our friends dad could do that, what if ...".

There are so many crimes I can understand (bank robbery, tax evasion, etc etc) but things like this I just can never wrap my ahead around.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='1009915' date='Sep 17 2009, 12:06 AM
I'm totally shocked right now, it's all over the local news about a murder/suicide out here in Thousand Oaks. A 12 year old boy, his 7 year old sister both killed by their father and then he killed himself. My children go to school with both of these unfortunate children. I'm glad they are sleeping right now, because tomorrow will be a terrible day when they find out that their schoolmates are gone at the hands of their own father.
Damn, what school? I grew up in the Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='1009969' date='Sep 17 2009, 04:20 AM
... The last thing you want is them thinking "well, if our friends dad could do that, what if ...".
Somehow, I doubt that Puck is anywhere near this hypothetical frscenario. I mean, of course, it should go without saying that you're completely right - I just hope that thoughts like that^ never creep up up any little creep's cranium, let alone Puck's own flesh and blood!

I have experience with loosing someone at early age and believe me, last thing on my mind was anything like this kind of thoughts. What goes through your head is the immense regret of never having an opportunity to ever again be in the company of the person you lost, never to say to them how much they mean to you, never to learn from them. There might be an issue when kids who were close to the family will feel the loss so vividly that they'd want to avenge their lost loved ones - in which case they'll be looking for the person, who is to blame for all this. But again, if they have the right coach with them, they'll overcome this and realize that at times things happen in life that are best left unexplained and that this is one of them.

I'm a little tired, so I may not be explaining myself very well, but I hope I made it clear enough to be understandable.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1009991' date='Sep 17 2009, 10:49 AM
Somehow, I doubt that Puck is anywhere near this hypothetical frscenario. I mean, of course, it should go without saying that you're completely right - I just hope that thoughts like that^ never creep up up any little creep's cranium, let alone Puck's own flesh and blood!

I have experience with loosing someone at early age and believe me, last thing on my mind was anything like this kind of thoughts.
I haven't had any little bundles of joy myself, but I'm an uncle several times over and recall hearing questions like "you're not going to get divorced are you" (after one of their friends parents split up), and similarly "you're not gonna die are you" (after one of their friends parents died).

Quick Reply: Murder/Suicide here in Thousand Oaks...