Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Mother Kills Kids for Being 'Mouthy'.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tragedy struck Tampa Thursday night. Julie Powers Schenecker, 50-year-old wife of a US Army colonel, has admitted to killing her teen son and daughter, say police.

She first shot son Beau, 13, twice in the head with a .38 caliber pistol for "talking back" as she was driving him to soccer practice in suburban Tampa, according to the arrest affidavit.

? The police report says she then drove to her $448,000 family home and shot her daughter Calyx, 16 ? a high school cross country running star ? in the face as she sat studying at the computer.

The explanation she gave police was that the teens were being "mouthy." "She described the crimes in detail," Police spokeswoman Laura McElroy says adding, "That was the only reason she provided to our detectives."

?An anxious call from Schenecker's mother in Texas (who had received an e-mail from her daughter stating that she was depressed and having trouble with the kids) lead police to the home on Friday morning. There they found Schenecker covered in blood on the back porch. She was taken, reports the Associated Press, wild-eyed and shaking uncontrollably, to a Tampa hospital.

She will not appear in court Saturday ? charged with two counts of murder ? because she's being treated at a hospital for an unknown condition.

?Her husband, colonel Parker Schenecker, who is attached to US Central Command in Tampa, was reportedly in the Middle East at the time of the murders.

Saturday afternoon, Parker Schenecker's Facebook page shows a photo of Calyx, smiling and surrounded by running teammates. A comment posted by Julie Schenecker on Oct. 20 reads: "that's my baby! doin' something i could never do-3.2 miles!!"
Old 01-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

:thumbsdown: What a LOSER!!!!!

Let me add something... I understand how hard and stressful it is to be a semi-single parent. Spouses of deployed Military members have to do it all the time and I know it is rough. My wife went from being married and pregnant with no children to being alone with a newborn in a month. I saw read and heard what she went through so in some aspect I understand. On the other side, she sought help when she needed it. There are so many agency's that's sole purpose is to help during those hard times. There is so much she could have done to get help and keep her from crossing the line that she cannot take back. I feel sorry for her, her family and most of all her husband who was helpless...

May they rest in peace.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Stupid B*tch
Old 01-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Contributors

YIKES ... talk about someone being a few french fries short of a happy meal!

How do you predict that someone has the potential to do this to her children
Old 02-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Contributors

This is a truly tragic story. Her husband works right here on MacDill AFB and was only on a TDY as opposed to a deployment. They live in Tampa palms, which is a fairly exclusive golf community about 20 mins north of downtown. I don't believe it had anything to do with his deployments. This woman had severe psycological issues, and was married to someone that had been in the military for 20+ years. Him spending a couple of weeks in Qatar wouldn't have set her off. She is a disturbed person, and there have been a lot of other information that has surfaced in the Tampa Bay community since this happened. Some of our local news sites have better information on it. I'll try to post some links if I find articles about her recent police detainment related to driving erratically or having a fender bender, and information about her hitting her kids.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

thanks craig..I saw this on the news..I agree, theres more to her story.. has to be, no one in their right mind walks up point blank and shoots their kid in the face for talking back.. a slap i can see.. shes completely out of her mind
Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Stupid B*tch
+1000 I don't care if there's more to the story, someone who can do this should be put out of their's (and society's) misery, period.