Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: Should I
Keep my 530Xi and finish modding it
50.00%
or trade it in (eat the negative equity and $ spent on mods) and get a 335 coupe?
50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Is modding supposed to be stressful?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
What he said. I got rid of my car because it wasnt a coupe, and it wasnt fast enough. No matter what it wasnt going to satisfy ALL of my needs/wants out of a car thats why i got rid of it when i could. I sold it with the CPO warranty to get the most out of it.
335 coupe in your future Brett??
Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
335 coupe in your future Brett??
I dont think so. Im planning on buying a house so I cant have both. Will have to drive the average Acura for a little while. The house is more important at this point. I understand im young and have my whole life to own nice cars. I will be back in a BMW or MERC at some point.

I did drive my old BMW the other day. My boyfriends mom let me take it out again and it felt so good. Sometimes you dont appreciate things till they are gone. It made my acura feel like i was driving a shopping cart. It made me sad Its okay though she already said my boyfriend and I can take it during the summer for weekend trips to KC, and CHI-town
Old 03-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Contributors

I dont think so. Im planning on buying a house so I cant have both. Will have to drive the average Acura for a little while. The house is more important at this point. I understand im young and have my whole life to own nice cars. I will be back in a BMW or MERC at some point.

I did drive my old BMW the other day. My boyfriends mom let me take it out again and it felt so good. Sometimes you dont appreciate things till they are gone. It made my acura feel like i was driving a shopping cart. It made me sad Its okay though she already said my boyfriend and I can take it during the summer for weekend trips to KC, and CHI-town
Like being reunited with an old friend,
Old 03-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Let us know when you're coming to Chicago

maybe we can arrange a mini meet if it fits into your schedule

take a cruise down lake shore dr, then head out for some good eats
Old 03-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

i say you keep the 530 and finish modding it... i know you'd rather have an m3, so why not wait for one of those?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by v_therussian
You should've gone with the centric premiums - drilled and slotted, like mine - at least you'd have gotten a "mod" out of it.
i don't care much for drilled/slotted rotors so did not consider them

525xi isn't exactly a speed demon, IMO, they would have looked odd on a 215hp car

it's easy to give up on the car when things go wrong, but just think of the payments you've made on it and perhaps how close u r to paying it off

it may be even more costly to start from scratch. just something to think about

however, a new 335 would not be the worst choice to make
Old 03-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Well, I'd part out my ride, so I'd have some cash to throw towards the new ride. But also, consider this: on an 335 m-tech coupe, all I can possibly need are the wheels and the front splitters (which Vorsteiner aced IMHO), maybe the diffuser at some point... well, a CSL trunk wouldn't hurt either... oh gawd
Old 03-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Well, I'd part out my ride, so I'd have some cash to throw towards the new ride. But also, consider this: on an 335 m-tech coupe, all I can possibly need are the wheels and the front splitters (which Vorsteiner aced IMHO), maybe the diffuser at some point... well, a CSL trunk wouldn't hurt either... oh gawd
The mod bug bites again.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Just looked up the trade-in value of my car on KBB and it looks like if I can get around what they are quoting, I'll be just about even on my loan

I'm dedicating this coming Friday to doing some chores and visiting a dealership or two, so any vendors out there (EXCEPT of JeffNNJ ) - don't leave a brother hanging I'll be looking to lease a 335 E92 with Navi, M-Sport and stick shift (all other options are sort of flexible, but I'm used to nice things ). Oh and colors are important too - Alpine white being the top choice and Space Gray Metallic being a distant second... more details over PM/text/phone/in person woohoo
Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

good luck!

my friend tuned his 335 coupe to 390 whp... i should expect no less from you!

Quick Reply: Is modding supposed to be stressful?