Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

"milk the moment" campaign may be...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ok, so its probably no secret that I've been on a quest against cancer since about March this year (when I found out my brother in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - survival rate 4%).

Here's a bit from a documentary, called "the corporation", which may make you think twice (or more) about milk and diary products altogether:

Seems to be more relevant now, that there is a whole nation-wide campaign to sell more milk under the slogan "Milk The Moment!"

Mind you, this hormone (rBGH) is only allowed in the U.S. - Canada and Europe banned it totally! In the meantime, unbeknownst to most of us, we drink and eat the stuff and feed it to our children.

I'm not trying to start any revolutions, guys - I just want you all to be aware. Maybe, even if the FDA and other Gov't agencies and enforcers don't care about our well-being, at least we can watch out for ourselves.

Scary? It's beyond scary, if you ask me. If this is what's in milk, what do you think can be in those burger patties in the Big Mac? Chicken was covered pretty well in Michael Moore's documentary, I believe.

I wish all of you health and happiness! Be smart

PS I still drink a little bit of milk occasionally, but ONLY organic. There's some information that suggests that organic isn't dangerous. Well, maybe not AS dangerous - who knows! I use a little bit of the stuff if I have coffee, so obviously even I take it with a "grain of salt". But make your own decisions, comment too. Best wishes to you and yours.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Sorry to hear about your BIL, good luck to him in his fight. My mother died of cancer, the doctors found the lung cancer and cured that, but what killed her was pancreatic cancer. Smoking for many years killed her.

I've heard of many people that were leading healthy and active lives and have contracted cancer. Some of it is from what we injest into our bodies either knowingly or unknowingly. Having a genetic pre-dispotition for cancer doesn't help any, but if you know that history, at least you can be more aware of what might happen. Life's a crap shoot and we just try to do the best we can.