Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Merry Christmas!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530inOK
Not everybody has the "information rod"
.............holy sh*t.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by Iceman
In Germany, as in some more countries, Christmas day is the 24th.

Really?
Here Xmas is 25, but people here use to have a dinner with family and friends on 24 as well.

Today I was informed by a Russian girl that in Russia is on 7 Jan
Old 12-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Merry Christmas you crazy bunch of cool people!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlexFW
Really?
Here Xmas is 25, but people here use to have a dinner with family and friends on 24 as well.

Today I was informed by a Russian girl that in Russia is on 7 Jan
Eastern Orthodox national churches, including those of Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and the Greek Patriarchate of Jerusalem mark feasts using the older Julian Calendar. December 25 on that calendar currently corresponds to January 7 on the more widely used Gregorian calendar.

But it is said Jesus was born in the Spring anyway. Furthermore, Jesus (a white dude with blue eyes) born the middle east is really an irrelevant person in the big scheme of things... That is unless you still believe in magic and miracles as an adult- in which case you're kinda dumb. So, the 25th is the winter solstice, but as for the birth of christ... who cares?

Old 12-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by craigm1841
Eastern Orthodox national churches, including those of Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and the Greek Patriarchate of Jerusalem mark feasts using the older Julian Calendar. December 25 on that calendar currently corresponds to January 7 on the more widely used Gregorian calendar.

But it is said Jesus was born in the Spring anyway. Furthermore, Jesus (a white dude with blue eyes) born the middle east is really an irrelevant person in the big scheme of things... That is unless you still believe in magic and miracles as an adult- in which case you're kinda dumb. So, the 25th is the winter solstice, but as for the birth of christ... who cares?

No, 12/21 is the winter solstice. 12/25 is just an established date for our celebration of the birth, there's no biblical guide to set the date (unlike Easter that is explicit). Look at it this way. There will be no atheists when standing before Jesus at the throne.

PS: Current biblical scholars say it was mid September.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
No, 12/21 is the winter solstice. 12/25 is just an established date for our celebration of the birth, there's no biblical guide to set the date (unlike Easter that is explicit). Look at it this way. There will be no atheists when standing before Jesus at the throne.

PS: Current biblical scholars say it was mid September.
Sorry- I got my dates wrong. I dont know much about this subject. Atheists shouldn't even be called athiets. You just have normal people and crazy (religious) people.

And biblical scholar is a bit of an oxymoron.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:02 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

Happy holidays with best thoughts; best wishes; and looking positively at the new year to come
Old 12-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by craigm1841
Sorry- I got my dates wrong. I dont know much about this subject. Atheists shouldn't even be called athiets. You just have normal people and crazy (religious) people.

And biblical scholar is a bit of an oxymoron.
The Bible is the most read and studied book of all time. It is more than a book of fables. To a believer, it is a book of history, prophecies, and guidelines for life and eternity. The history sections have been proven to be astonishingly accurate (when not clouded by inaccuracies of mans interpretation) and the prophecies are showing to be accurate as well. Did you know that the prophesy of Christ was written in hundreds of versus in the old testament hundreds of years before his birth. Not just of the appearance of a prophet but of the time, place, life, death, and purpose of Jesus. And now the end time prophecies are far more than coincidental to many of today's events and technologies.

I myself am no Biblical scholar but am beginning to dig deeper into its message.

PS: To Ops I do not mean to pull this thread into a battle of religious beliefs but to a Christian, Christmas is about Christ and giving, not about decorated trees, Santa, and the winter solstice.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
The Bible is the most read and studied book of all time. It is more than a book of fables. To a believer, it is a book of history, prophecies, and guidelines for life and eternity. The history sections have been proven to be astonishingly accurate (when not clouded by inaccuracies of mans interpretation) and the prophecies are showing to be accurate as well. Did you know that the prophesy of Christ was written in hundreds of versus in the old testament hundreds of years before his birth. Not just of the appearance of a prophet but of the time, place, life, death, and purpose of Jesus. And now the end time prophecies are far more than coincidental to many of today's events and technologies.

I myself am no Biblical scholar but am beginning to dig deeper into its message.

PS: To Ops I do not mean to pull this thread into a battle of religious beliefs but to a Christian, Christmas is about Christ and giving, not about decorated trees, Santa, and the winter solstice.

And that should be it!

No more discussions about Religion please.

Thanks!