Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Meet/Performance/Competition all-in-one

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

I'm all confused now. So, I guess from now on I'll just post everything on the Main forum and leave it up to the Mods to move around.

Currently, I'm in Phoenix for a family gather over Thanksgiving holidays. Znod and I got together for an impromptu meeting. We discussed a few things namely our affinity for the e60 performance. I spoke to him about the many Socal Launches and how the different 545s (6speed, SMG, Step) stacked up against one another as well as the 550s. As the conversation went along a certain name popped up: EBMCS03. Hahaha... EBMCS03, you missed out.

Guess what I got to drive? The Z06. It's a monster of a beast or is that a beast of a monster? I got the chance to do a few launches from a dig. Znod was not too impressed. Well, I didn't want to break or damage his baby.

Anyhow, after getting over the apprehension that my shifting might break something, I finally let loose. OMG, the shifts were VIOLENT to the nth degree. What a rush. Now, I have to get back into the 545i.

Eat your heart out EBMCS03!
Meet/Performance/Competition all-in-one-phoenix_001.jpg
Meet/Performance/Competition all-in-one-phoenix_002.jpg
Old 11-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

ARGH! Get out of my car! Who said you can drive it? Not to mention beat on it! hahahaha Thats awesome! see who said going to AZ for a family gathering was going to be borring? Now I want family in AZ so I can go there for ummm the holidays.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='360351' date='Nov 24 2006, 09:25 PM
ARGH! Get out of my car! Who said you can drive it? Not to mention beat on it! hahahaha Thats awesome! see who said going to AZ for a family gathering was going to be borring? Now I want family in AZ so I can go there for ummm the holidays.
Hey, you didn't take it as badly as we though your might. No real ranting. You and Joe should just take a drive to Phoenix one weekend. We actually went to Kieland. That's one reason I resurrected the auto pics in my Kieland Mall thread in the Competition section.

I haven't shared with you the forum yet; I am on crutches again. My hip recovery was miraculous. But, my wife had been cleaning some upstairs carpet about 5 weeks ago. As, my right foot hit the second wooden stair on the way down, it was like I had hit ice. My right leg went down stairs and my left leg bent behind me--breaking both left ankle bones--one in 4 pieces. I have many screws and a plate now. Now my left ankle matched my right from my sky diving accident. I have a little less than a week to do in my purple cast. Then, I'll be down to an ankle brace or a boot. Ironically, we replaced the carpet last week.

So, Joe did me a favor. The Z06 needed starting and driving. Also, I have never ridden in the car or felt its acceleration from a passenger's perspective. It's a great car. And, although the drag radials prevented wheel spin, the acceleration and shifts definitely are violent.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='360350
[snip]I haven't shared with you the forum yet; I am on crutches again. My hip recovery was miraculous. But, my wife had been cleaning some upstairs carpet about 5 weeks ago. As, my right foot hit the second wooden stair on the way down, it was like I had hit ice. My right leg went down stairs and my left leg bent behind me--breaking both left ankle bones--one in 4 pieces. I have many screws and a plate now. Now my left ankle matched my right from my sky diving accident. I have a little less than a week to do in my purple cast. Then, I'll be down to an ankle brace or a boot. Ironically, we replaced the carpet last week.
[snip]
Don, sorry to hear that. Hope it heals quickly and without permanent consequences.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='360466' date='Nov 25 2006, 09:59 AM
And - we finally got proof that you do NOT look like your avatar one little bit.
The proof is everywhere. There are a lot of pictures of my ugly mug in the Meet and Greet. Why do you think I chose a beautiful avatar? To balance out the ugly; ying/yang.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='360466' date='Nov 25 2006, 09:59 AM
Don, sorry to hear that. Hope it heals quickly and without permanent consequences.
Thanks much. I am a good healer and recoverer. But, you never quite know what will come. It feels good now. I can do a little wiggling and jiggling in my cast--my foot and ankle. I make it a practice not to wiggle otherwise and go to the gym regularly--so despite my age, there's not much jiggling.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='360472' date='Nov 25 2006, 10:35 AM
The proof is everywhere. There are a lot of pictures of my ugly mug in the Meet and Greet. Why do you think I chose a beautiful avatar? To balance out the ugly; ying/yang.
Well, the guy I took the snappies of said he is Joe. But, to cover up, he might have been "Jo's" b/f. And, he might be pulling the wool over the eyes of all the So. Cal. guys too.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Znod' post='360499' date='Nov 25 2006, 10:50 AM
Well, the guy I took the snappies of said he is Joe. But, to cover up, he might have been "Jo's" b/f. And, he might be pulling the wool over the eyes of all the So. Cal. guys too.
I don't know, but the guy I met at the Nor Ca Meet and Greet introduced himself as Jiio. I'd be careful. Did you get your Z06 back?

Znod, sorry to hear about your mishap, but it's good to see you're still creating a ruckus on this forum.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E1142860' post='360501' date='Nov 25 2006, 12:00 PM
I don't know, but the guy I met at the Nor Ca Meet and Greet introduced himself as Jiio. I'd be careful. Did you get your Z06 back?

Znod, sorry to hear about your mishap, but it's good to see you're still creating a ruckus on this forum.
I will be careful; whoever, he seemed OK. Z06 back and unharmed--except I forgot to chastise jiio for leaving finger prints all over the area around the door handle. But, my bad, I forgot to tell him how to close the door on a black car. And, thanks on both counts. It's not that I really intend to create a ruckus. But, I do try to help out when I think reasonable objections to apparent policies, whatever the source of the policies, are presented.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='360350' date='Nov 24 2006, 08:18 PM
I'm all confused now. So, I guess from now on I'll just post everything on the Main forum and leave it up to the Mods to move around.
Nice thread, Vegas. I have no clue where I'd post this. After all it is about a meet, a performance, and the competition. I actually enjoy all this banter but I'm glad I'm not a Mod.

Quick Reply: Meet/Performance/Competition all-in-one