Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Maserati coupe at the car wash...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006 | 05:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by heezy545i' post='369320' date='Dec 19 2006, 08:46 PM
That maserati coupe goes for pretty decent prices on the used market if you guys are interested.

I have never understood why people think Maserati is a good car?

I can see why Ferrari is good. And Lamborghini. But not Maserati. I just don't get it. But that's just me, I guess.
Old 12-19-2006 | 05:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='369329' date='Dec 19 2006, 06:03 PM

I can see why Ferrari is good. And Lamborghini. But not Maserati. I just don't get it. But that's just me, I guess.
The coupe doesn't do that much for me, but I think the quattroporte is a gorgeous car.

You can pick up an '04 coupe with ~20K miles or less in the low 50s, maybe even mid 40s. That would give you some exclusivity over say an e92 335i which would be about the same price.
Old 12-19-2006 | 05:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='369329' date='Dec 19 2006, 09:03 PM

maserati has 2x the history of ferrari and 3x the history of lambo. granted, maser's current road cars (besides mc12) aren't as desirable as the other italian firms' offerings, but fans of italian cars will always look up to maser.

fwiw, i'm not a fan of the base maserati coupe but the gransport version is lovely!
Old 12-19-2006 | 07:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='369342' date='Dec 19 2006, 06:44 PM
maserati has 2x the history of ferrari and 3x the history of lambo. granted, maser's current road cars (besides mc12) aren't as desirable as the other italian firms' offerings, but fans of italian cars will always look up to maser.

fwiw, i'm not a fan of the base maserati coupe but the gransport version is lovely!
Absolutely - good post. Agree on the GranSport, and I'd love a QP.
Old 12-19-2006 | 07:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='369342' date='Dec 19 2006, 06:44 PM

dont forget fiat! (oops - I just threw up in my mouth... ). Maserati is not compared to those road ICONs because it shouldnt be. IMHO it doesnt have the lines or the pedigree. period.
Old 12-19-2006 | 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Matt BMW California' post='369363' date='Dec 19 2006, 08:35 PM
dont forget fiat! (oops - I just threw up in my mouth... ). Maserati is not compared to those road ICONs because it shouldnt be. IMHO it doesnt have the lines or the pedigree. period.
Would that be the same Fiat that also effectively controls Ferrari as well as Maserati? As for pedigree, Maserati has a longer motorsport history as a manufacturer than marques that you probably consider to be the icons!!
Old 12-19-2006 | 08:22 PM
Members

Rich folks will often outsmart themselves trying to be exclusive by buying things "normal" folks can't afford. As is often the case in life, chasing something is usually more fun than getting it. Live with that Maserati coupe for a while and you will want your 550 back. Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Your 550 is a great car. Enjoy it and don't worry about what is better out there. You can drive yourself crazy doing that.
Old 12-19-2006 | 08:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Originally Posted by swajames' post='369365' date='Dec 19 2006, 08:48 PM
Would that be the same Fiat that also effectively controls Ferrari as well as Maserati? As for pedigree, Maserati has a longer motorsport history as a manufacturer than marques that you probably consider to be the icons!!
I know the history of Lambo...the only thing he has to do with Ferrari or Maserati is taking their customers away. (apparently he didnt believe that Enzo knew how a clutch was supposed to work in a sports car, so he built his own)...in terms of Enzo, while I understand the corporate structure of Fiat and Ferrari by the same token you cant compare the pedigrees of a Chevrolet Corvette and a Chevy Chevette....same parent, but clearly differnt markets and goals.

Fiat controls Ferrari and Maserati because of cashflow...simply put, hand made cars that sell less than a handful yearly dont produce a whole bunch of cashflow. In fact, they probably make more money pimping out their logo on t-shirts and hats. Which goes right back to R and D for F1 (for Ferrari; for Maserati I suspect it goes to expenses and balancing books)...and as for racing heritage of maserati, back in the day it was cool, but we are talking about the 50s and the 60s and lets be honest, its like anybody talking about back in the day, 50 year old racing heritage is just that...50 years old. That's antique in car years!
Old 12-19-2006 | 08:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FairfieldCT' post='369366' date='Dec 19 2006, 09:22 PM
Rich folks will often outsmart themselves trying to be exclusive by buying things "normal" folks can't afford. As is often the case in life, chasing something is usually more fun than getting it. Live with that Maserati coupe for a while and you will want your 550 back. Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Your 550 is a great car. Enjoy it and don't worry about what is better out there. You can drive yourself crazy doing that.
very very well said!
Old 12-20-2006 | 04:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by FairfieldCT' post='369366' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:22 AM

An M5 or M6 is a better car than anything Maserati makes.

I can understand someone forking out tons of money for a Ferrari, or a Lamborghini..... but a Maserati is just a poser car. It's like a cheap, generic imitation. :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Maserati coupe at the car wash...