Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Manny Pacquiao

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by zerocool' post='866587' date='May 3 2009, 12:35 AM
Hatton is sooo over rated. Can't belive Manny used his right to knock him down on the first round and also got the chance to use his "Manila Ice" on the second round before delivering the left hand death blow, Manny Rocks!!! Can't wait to hear from Joy mayweather...
I said the same thing when I saw the replay of the knockout..."Manila Ice"
Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I admit I was one who thought Hatton had a legitimate shot. Pacquiao is simply amazing. No need to put down Hatton, he's a terrifically skilled fighter, and Manny still dominated. Right on the chin button. Wow!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

I was pretty bummed out about this fight, until the infamous after fight interview.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Members

What an awsome fight, well worth staying up till 4:30am to watch Pac man kick Hattons arse in style. Can't wait for Maywether vs Pacquio. My money is on Pacquio all the way!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

I agree, i was just so pissed off with how he belittled Manny&Freddie wiht his analogies"mule to a stallion", sometimes he's funny but making a joke of someone with a disabling illness will never be funny. Ricky's downfall will also put a slap on mayweather's reputation as a trainer, because he wasn't strong enough to instill with Hatton how important defense is and that power is nothing if you don't use whats on top of your neck.
Originally Posted by jrbmwenthusiast' post='866619' date='May 3 2009, 05:23 AM
Not even a Mayweather can coach you to victory if you 1.) have no consideration of the necessity of defense 2.) throw slow punches with little head movement 3.) don't keep your chin down toward your chest and gloves up 4.) and most important, haven't learn to grab and hold when hurt and adjust to your opponent's chaotic, off balance, error prone and unorthodox fighting style.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

yup, all of us were shouting when we saw that, from what we know that was an extinct move becasue he can use both hands now, but he still prep the left hand last night, Awesome!!! I'm guessing he wasn't able to exhibit his new styles because the fight ended too early, I heard they are focusing more plyometrics on his right hand. since Mayweather and Marquez are both Golden boy players-i'm hoping Marquez fights for pride now that he's the only Mexican fighter who can fight Manny(level wise).
Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='866874' date='May 3 2009, 02:36 PM
I said the same thing when I saw the replay of the knockout..."Manila Ice"
Old 05-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by zerocool' post='866960' date='May 3 2009, 01:12 PM
yup, all of us were shouting when we saw that, from what we know that was an extinct move becasue he can use both hands now, but he still prep the left hand last night, Awesome!!! I'm guessing he wasn't able to exhibit his new styles because the fight ended too early, I heard they are focusing more plyometrics on his right hand. since Mayweather and Marquez are both Golden boy players-i'm hoping Marquez fights for pride now that he's the only Mexican fighter who can fight Manny(level wise).
plyometrics will be good for speed and explosiveness...
Old 05-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e36 318i manual convertible top, 5 speed manual, calypso red/black soft top, cassette am/fm radio, heated sand leatherette seats, michelin mxv4 allseason tires (100% stock) e60 545i sport package, 6 speed manual, sapphire black, 18" 124 wheels bridgestone runflats (summer) 17" rial salerno dunlop runflats (winter) navigation, satelite radio, winter package, PDC, sunshades, wood trim, dakota leather seats (100% stock)

Originally Posted by PrinceNaz' post='866888' date='May 3 2009, 01:44 PM
What an awsome fight, well worth staying up till 4:30am to watch Pac man kick Hattons arse in style. Can't wait for Maywether vs Pacquio. My money is on Pacquio all the way!!!!
Not so fast.... you?re about to lose your hard earned money! Floyd Jr. is no Hatton. His defense and understanding of the ring is impeccable. Pacquiao has been beat by lesser fighters than Floyd Jr. and nobody in the sport has figured out how to penetrate Floyd Jr.?s defense ? not even ‟the Golden Boy? whose size and superior jab should have earned him a victory on points to say the least. The Pacquiao I saw last night, didn?t convince me that he was capable of beating Floyd Jr. when Floyd Jr. was a lightweight. At welterweight, Floyd Jr. is even bigger, wiser ? and if his injury prone right hand and left shoulder have rested and healed, he can hit harder too. Last night, Pacquiao was unbalanced, squaring his body, crudely bending to avoid blows and jumping to deliver punches. Typical Pacquiao. Chaotic, succeeding due to his athleticism and determination, not skill. After watching this fight, Floyd Jr. is probably happy to know that Freddie Roach still has some work to do if he wants to bring Pacquiao up to par with the skills of a good Olympic amateur. The Mayweathers may be at times crude, vulgar, materialistic, self-centered and criminal, but they?re always good-natured, humorous and they do know boxing. (compared to Floyd Sr. and Roger, Floyd Jr. is the most cerebral and well-behaved of the three) Floyd demonstrated his intelligence when he decided to lengthen his career and enhance his earnings by leaving the sport (but not the gym) to rest his body and wait until the little men with big $$ followings could guarantee him big paydays with acceptable risks of defeat. Note: you won?t hear Roger Mayweather mention the name ‟Paul Williams.? Just the thought of this tall freak of nature is scarey!

Here?s your hot tip. Consistently betting only a few hundred dollars a fight ‟Mayweather to Win‟ could?ve earned you a BMW if you had reinvested the earnings. This isn?t about to change. Unless he?s physically hurt, Floyd Jr. can?t lose to Marquez. Floyd?s too big and his defense is just too good. The only way Pacquiao can beat Mayweather is if Roach or Moore can teach him to balance and defend himself, not like De La Hoya or Mayweather, but like Roberto Duran, a lightweight master of pressure inside fighting, counter punching and defense. Doubt me? Ask Ray Leonard. This is easier said than done. I don?t think Roach can do it, especially with a 30 year old fighter set in his ways. If you are determined to back Manny, this is what I suggest. Find some old tape of Duran when he was a lightweight. If Manny doesn?t look nearly as good as Duran, keep your money in your pocket!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Engine: N62

Mayweather took 10 rounds to beat Hatton. Pacquiao, well, we all know how it went. It's not about "looking good". So who did you bet to win last night Jr?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by Rizbel' post='867067' date='May 3 2009, 05:44 PM
Mayweather took 10 rounds to beat Hatton. Pacquiao, well, we all know how it went. It's not about "looking good". So who did you bet to win last night Jr?
This is a very good point! I think if anyone in boxing right now can beat Floyd Jr, it is Pacquiao... The Pacquiao we saw last night looked very good, and I personally wouldnt bet any money on Floyd this fight.

Quick Reply: Manny Pacquiao