Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Lost wallet while in London

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Dinan 545i

So I'm currently in London on business and I've been taking the train from Central London (Paddington Station) to Slough.
So last night at the Slough train station, I dropped my wallet - the worst thing that can happen while travelling abroad!

When I get back to Slough the next morning, I check with the Lost Property guy and sure enough, someone found my wallet and returned it there.

Anyway, I understand that Slough is not the nicest place in London but it appears that the one of the nicest folks happened to find my wallet and return it with everything intact.

My faith in humans is restored! Thank you whoever you are!

...downside is, my cards have already been cancelled but at least I still have my drivers license...
Old 07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Very nice story Rex. I've been fortunate myself several times where I've lost my wallet and people have found it and tracked me down to return it. Now go do a good deed and spread the kindess.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

Thanks, Tony - I totally agree. I'm definitely going to pass the karma along.

...each one teach one...
Old 07-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Contributors

I like stories like this that gives me a glimmer of hope in people doing the right thing. Be safe Rex.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Nolan222
I like stories like this that gives me a glimmer of hope in people doing the right thing. Be safe Rex.
Thank you, Nolan. I will. I'm going to take in some sights around the area.
London is an amazing place - so much history. I took the underground to Oxford Street where all the shops are (Gap, Hamle, fcuk, etc...) I've never seen so many people on a single stretch of street, it was incredible.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Speaking of karma...

A while back, I found a few bucks on the ground in a shopping center. I decided since I couldn't find the owner, the right thing was to give it to the first panhandler I see and I did just that. A little while later, my wife found some money in a parking lot and handed it to me. I swore I would do the same thing but accidentally spent it. I was still going to carry out my mission but everytime I saw a panhandler, I only had 20s so I didn't give them anything.

Well, the day before I was going to Vegas for MFest, I went to the bank and pulled out some money. It was in my pocket with my car keys. I walked outside and pulled out my car keys and as I walked to the parking lot, I heard a lady behind me let out a brief yelp. I didn't think anything of it so I didn't look back. Went home, pull out my money and realized I dropped $300.

I went back to the bank to get more money and when I came out, one of the guys that are usually there looking for work asked me for some change and I gave him some and told him what happened earlier. He said, "look on the bright side, maybe that lady really needed that money that she found." That put a smile on my face....till I got home and realized, hey, I'm still out $300!!! LOL!!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d M-Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Dakota Black Leather, Professional Nav. Hardwired Road Angel + Laser, De-Swirl Flapped!!

Originally Posted by olskooldj
Anyway, I understand that Slough is not the nicest place in London
Having lived there for several years, I can tell you that the definition of happiness is Slough in your rear-view mirror. Glad to see that there is still some good left in it!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

LOL - wow, that's crazy. But all I needed was the one good person to find my wallet - and I did.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

one word "whew"
Old 07-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

Oh you're welcome.
I found your wallet on the train as I was omw home from my trip.
I looked at the address on your license and now I"m at your house drinking all your booze and eatting all your food.

btw, could you pick up some more toilet paper on your way back?

Glad you got your wallet back.

Quick Reply: Lost wallet while in London