Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

London Underground

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

London Underground-pic24464.jpg
Old 08-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Senior Members

Old 08-23-2005, 02:45 AM
Senior Members

:thumbsdown:
Old 08-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Contributors

Screw it! It may be offensive but you have 4 bombs go off in your back yard and you start to get a little nervous. You just have to be careful.
What the hell was he doing running anyway?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Aug 23 2005, 05:49 PM
Screw it!? It may be offensive but you have 4 bombs go off in your back yard and you start to get a little nervous.? You just have to be careful.
What the hell was he doing running anyway?
[snapback]162440[/snapback]
Some reports say he wasn't running, others say he wasn't wearing a long winter coat...

In any way, those police officers are well trained and they don't just shoot somebody for fun.
It's a sad story, but you can't blame the police or any other authorities for this tragic accident.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:09 PM
Some reports say he wasn't running, others say he wasn't wearing a long winter coat...

In any way, those police officers are well trained and they don't just shoot somebody for fun.
It's a sad story, but you can't blame the police or any other authorities for this tragic accident.
[snapback]162515[/snapback]
I agree w/ you Iceman, the officers in the field clearly saw something that concerned them. Until proven otherwise, I will defer to their judgement in a tense situation. I also sympathize w/ this guys family, terrible tragedy. But the real three ring circus has been the way the police have handle the incident.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

A few facts

1. Jean Charles de Menezes was not running away from the police.
2. The policeman who should have been on surveillance, staking out the block of flats, was taking a leak in the bushes and did not identify him as a threat or see him leave the building.
3. He did not run. He took a bus to the tube station.
4. He did not vault over the ticket barrier. He walked into the station, got a free morning paper and walked thru the ticket barriers.
5. As a train approached he ran to get on it as most other people did.
6. He was wearing a denim jacket. Not a padded jacket. We have now seen CCTV stills.
7. He was held in a bear hug by one officer and shot multiple times in the head by another.

He could have been stopped on the street. He wasn't. He could have been stopped on the bus (a bomber blew one up). He wasn't. He could have been stopped as he approached the tube station. He wasn't.

It was a gross injustice and didn't need to happen. But in an ironic way, his death has stopped the deaths of a lot more people over the last fews weeks. If he was connected in any way with any of the terrorists, I reckon the police would have shot anyone they wanted without question.

The real suspects have been captured without anybody getting shot in the head. I can never condone what happened. Injustice is injustice whatever form it takes and wherever it happens.

Sorry everyone! I needed to get that off my chest!
Old 08-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Contributors

nomad, well said!
i guess times are really crazy right now that things like this happen.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Well then Nomad, when are the murder trials starting? If the facts you present are true, then those officers need to be relieved of duty, charged with murder and put on trial. If those officers truly had no reason to suspect that poor fellow and simply walked up and executed him, someone needs to pay for the crime. I'm sure the European papers would be having a field day with us Americans if one of our police officers shoot an innocent muslim in a New York subway. I can just picture all the John Wayne/cowboy references!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Aug 24 2005, 01:15 AM
Well then Nomad, when are the murder trials starting?? If the facts you present are true, then those officers need to be relieved of duty, charged with murder and put on trial.? If those officers truly had no reason to suspect that poor fellow and simply walked up and executed him, someone needs to pay for the crime.? I'm sure the European papers would be having a field day with us Americans if one of our police officers shoot an innocent muslim in a New York subway.? I can just picture all the John Wayne/cowboy references!
[snapback]162658[/snapback]
The men involved in the shooting were sent on holiday.

I don't believe the guys who did it should be punished. They were following orders. The whole 'shoot to kill' policy should be questioned and I believe the police have to do right by his family. They offered ?15k. That is an insult. :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: London Underground