Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Lexus owners are rude on messageboard...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by jiio' post='323309' date='Aug 16 2006, 02:01 PM
Hey EB,
Might as well sell your IS350.... to me.

Just want to say that not all of ClubLexus is like the IS350 crowd. I frequent CL, but just to view their Kill forum. The attitudes there are pretty mature compared to bimmerforums' Kill forum.

Sure... how much you want it for? YOu know I take care of it. I actually thought about getting the new MINI in replace of the IS already!

Well from what I've seen... ya not all of Club Lexus is like that but shit 90% is. so screw them.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Nah, I changed my mind. I don't want to deal with the immature attitudes prevalent in the ClubLexus IS forum.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

sell you IS man. Get something else Does people on the mini board behave like this?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='323580' date='Aug 17 2006, 08:34 AM
sell you IS man. Get something else Does people on the mini board behave like this?

Nope MINI board is just like here and M5Board is just like here too... MUCH better people than Lexus. Just the low lives from Lexus are such idiots
Old 08-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='323583' date='Aug 17 2006, 08:48 AM
Nope MINI board is just like here and M5Board is just like here too... MUCH better people than Lexus. Just the low lives from Lexus are such idiots
Eventhough I'm not a fan of Lexus, ya got to ease up on the harsh words man. Technically, you're calling yourself a low life too since you own a Lexus!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jiio' post='323622' date='Aug 17 2006, 10:11 AM
Eventhough I'm not a fan of Lexus, ya got to ease up on the harsh words man. Technically, you're calling yourself a low life too since you own a Lexus!

Hahah Doesnt matter. thats how much I dont like ClubLexus owners.

Ya I own one but I just drive it. Daily Beater.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='323633' date='Aug 17 2006, 10:18 AM
Hahah Doesnt matter. thats how much I dont like ClubLexus owners.

Ya I own one but I just drive it. Daily Beater.
Trade it in and get the 335! Forget the Mini.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

The only thing I can say is that some members every group owning competing goods undoubtedly say that the other group and its goods suck: e.g., Corvette owners vs Viper owners; Mac owners vs PC owners, and on and on. I think that there are goods and bads in each camp.

An interesting dichotomy is Mac owners vs PC owners. For many years, I have lived in both camps. But, when it comes to posting, I posted first on the Apple Support forums site. I found that many Mac owners think that they are something special philosophically, politeness-wise etc., etc. and that PC owners are mechanistic, robot-like Mac bashers who are even antagonistic to their own type.

So, eventually, I decided that I didn't like posting on the Apple site, and now I post on several Windows sites can assure you that the Mac posters are very far from correct. For example, I find a great deal of respect for the Mac OS, and Macs in general, on the Windows sites, and I have never seen anyone be rude or bash a Mac, for example, on these sites. Indeed those in the know support, for example, the Linux underpinnnings of the Mac OS when others ask "what's so special about the Mac OS." On the contrary, the rude ones I have encountered are on the Mac sites--particular the Apple Support forums. The Mac guys like to use terms like Windoze and Pee Cee, and I have never seen anyone on a Windows site denigrate a Mac or its OS. But, of course, I am sure that examples can be found. As said, there are goods and bads in all camps.

I wish that we could get away from denigating other autos for little more reason than differences in individual preferences. For example, I can't understand "hating" MB's. What is there to hate about a car? Similarly, I wish we could stop vilifying, for example, MB owners simple because their tastes differ from ours.

Oh well, its human nature to make what one owns better than its competing brands. And, it is human nautre to make oneself "right" for buying what he or she owns and others "wrong" for owning competing brands.

Originally Posted by jiio' post='276668' date='May 1 2006, 03:54 PM
Nah, that rude poster is like any other member in any message board. You can say the same thing about BMW owners too or Mercedes. There's always a bad apple.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Znod, I fell asleep halfway reading your post then suddenly I see hating MB's and that got my attention.

Hmm... I am a MB hater, why? I don't know I just hate people that drive MB. They are either bad driver or arragant people. I have met some nice ones but those are like +3 standard deviation wise. You are right there are always good and bad campers as there are people driving BMW that are A holes but they are far lesser percentage wise.

A friend of mine want to get a new CLS to replace his CLK. I didn't hate him because of that but I would never get a MB myself. If there's one person that I didn't like but he happen to drive a BMW, I would still hate him, that's life.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I understand what you are saying. Personally, I have not had the same experience that you have had with MB drivers vs BMW drivers. And, what about the apparently often held view, by non-BMW drivers, that BMW drivers are jerks? Go figure.

Quick Reply: Lexus owners are rude on messageboard...